Thanks for that! There are so many conflicting CP plans for the East it's very hard to know what's what- but that'll be retconned. Any more information is welcome and appreciated! :)
Hiiumaa was always part of Landkreis (or in English County, in Estonian Maakond) Läänemaa, in OTL it did became separate entity from Läänemaa in 1950 as Hiiumaa Rajoon. When Saaremaa had More connections to south, and locked Riga from sea, then Hiiumaa has Kõpu Lighthouse (from 1531), what was originally financed by Tallinn town council to warn ships about Hiiu Shoal.

And between persons from Hiiumaa and Saaremaa there is always some kind of banter, the main idea of jokes is, that other group is somehow stupid or slow and that persons from Saaremaa does not speak the Estonian vowel Õ, instead they say Ö.

Last edited:
Thanks for that! There are so many conflicting CP plans for the East it's very hard to know what's what- but that'll be retconned. Any more information is welcome and appreciated!
I would like to add that Your map has one of the most accurate borders of the Baltic provinces with Russia, if all things had gone according to German plans. The contour map of United Baltic Duchy in Wikipedia has canton Latgallen missing, on Your map it is the south-eastern part of the grey blob. :)

I must not have gotten that far in it. Which nazis?
otl nazis even the little street thugs like horst wessel. all got a better fate than otl. essentially portraying that were just normal persons. while all opponents got the opposite.
it is a peculiar form of whitewashing

otl nazis even the little street thugs like horst wessel. all got a better fate than otl. essentially portraying that were just normal persons. while all opponents got the opposite.
it is a peculiar form of whitewashing
I do remember some of that, like Heydrich’s occupation. Other than that though, it was a really interesting timeline.

It seems this Hitler would also be a more stable and moderate (whatever that means in the Hitlerian sense) individual in the absence of the humiliating and despair-inducing German surrender in 1918, an event that greatly affected his psyche and influenced his actions to the bitter end. It also seems that Hitler would remain in the Army for a period following the War as in OTL, his superiors thought him as courageous and patriotic but ultimately too eccentric and not respected enough by his comrades to be promoted to a senior NCO position. I think Hitler acting as a spy (like his infiltration of suspect political parties in Munich in 1919) behind enemy lines in Danubia would make for an interesting story. But who knows, perhaps one day he’d grow so distinguished as to be commissioned by the Kaiser to construct something like a victory arch in Berlin. But it’s been speculated that Germany would be set to liberalize in coming years, and something could spur Hitler into the political scene, such as a resurgent France or Russia, or a world market crash, but very specific events occurred in OTL that may stunt a rise to power. Nevertheless he proved himself an excellent organizer and speaker with hypnotic charisma willing to gamble.
IIRC much of his instability also came from getting rejected from art school and being homeless in Vienna (a little like the hobo in your local library who got addicted to QAnon), so he's already a right-wing authoritarian by WWI... albeit one who's content with the DNVP and who may dream of banging Dora Gerson.

I would like to add that Your map has one of the most accurate borders of the Baltic provinces with Russia, if all things had gone according to German plans. The contour map of United Baltic Duchy in Wikipedia has canton Latgallen missing, on Your map it is the south-eastern part of the grey blob. :)
Don't credit me-- that patch came from the Historical QBAM Thread.

IIRC much of his instability also came from getting rejected from art school and being homeless in Vienna (a little like the hobo in your local library who got addicted to QAnon), so he's already a right-wing authoritarian by WWI... albeit one who's content with the DNVP and who may dream of banging Dora Gerson.
wasn't there something that he was not only hospitalised for that gas attack but also hysteria (something what nowadays would be classified as ptsd).
and i think he was sick in the head a lot earlier than that artschool event, some people are just born evil

Thanks for that! I have a 'provisional' Hitler sketch which I drew up more for laughs than anything else, but when I have the time I'd be happy to retcon it. That said, I want to keep him out of politics just to avoid parallelism between OTL and TTL, which is something I think many CP victory TLs fall victim to...
Why actually have him become a great artist/architect?

Don't credit me-- that patch came from the Historical QBAM Thread.
But only to find right map is a great thing, because most of the maps from early 20th century have the borders wrong, even those from about mid 1920s and when they have right borders, then they are usually from local countries in local languages , e.g Estonian, Latvian or Russian.

PS! My mother tongue is Estonian, but I'm blingual in Estonian and German, speak fluently English, mediocre Russian and to some extent some other languages. And in the early 2000s, I worked as a history teacher.

But only to find right map is a great thing, because most of the maps from early 20th century have the borders wrong, even those from about mid 1920s and when they have right borders, then they are usually from local countries in local languages , e.g Estonian, Latvian or Russian.

PS! My mother tongue is Estonian, but I'm blingual in Estonian and German, speak fluently English, mediocre Russian and to some extent some other languages. And in the early 2000s, I worked as a history teacher.
You have my respect. Aside from English, je parle un peu de francais and that's it.
Edit: Credit to @Ulyanovsk . He made a 1918 basemap in that thread which I modified. (Ulyanovsk, if you're reading this and object to my using your map as a base, let me know and I'll take it down pronto.)

Germany would be well served by annexing the Austrian portion of the Austro-Hungarian Empire now that it is falling to pieces.
We'll have to see once we return to Danubia in 1918... but it might be easier to leave a puppet in place in Vienna.
No not really. Germany wouldn't really want this. The last thing the Prussians and the Kaiser would want is more Catholics within their borders. The Habsburgs were Germany's main principle and reliable ally for decades in the region. If Austria collapses, this will leave Germany in a difficult position. The German Empire administratively was essentially Prussia and friends, and the addition of Austria and Bohemia into the German empire complicates matters as it threatens the Kaiser's position within Germany.

Danubia is also one of the few things keeping some form of stability in the Balkans as well.

In regards to Poland, @Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth, a more equitable solution to solve the whole issue would be to give the Habsburgs rule over Poland as a separate Kingdom (under Archduke Stephen) with Galicia given as well. This was pretty much the plan in otl during the start of WW1.

No not really. Germany wouldn't really want this. The last thing the Prussians and the Kaiser would want is more Catholics within their borders. The Habsburgs were Germany's main principle and reliable ally for decades in the region. If Austria collapses, this will leave Germany in a difficult position. The German Empire administratively was essentially Prussia and friends, and the addition of Austria and Bohemia into the German empire complicates matters as it threatens the Kaiser's position within Germany.

Danubia is also one of the few things keeping some form of stability in the Balkans as well.

In regards to Poland, @Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth, a more equitable solution to solve the whole issue would be to give the Habsburgs rule over Poland as a separate Kingdom (under Archduke Stephen) with Galicia given as well. This was pretty much the plan in otl during the start of WW1.
Right about Danubia.

With regards to Poland, I thought about this but then realised it probably wouldn't work. Here's why: ITTL the Austro-Hungarian soldiers who went to Italy in our world end up doing occupation duty in Poland. However, they're withdrawn when Hungary goes to pot to help put that down, leaving the Germans to step into the vacuum. This is in summer 1917, during the era of the Regency Council. So, since the Germans step into the void, they should put their man on the throne- no?

"The hobo who got addicted to QAnon" :D
I suppose that's possible-- I plan to have him join the army and fight in Danubia but it might be something for after that.
Considering that Dora Gerson was murdered at Auschwitz, I doubt he'd have much luck with her ITTL...