The Kalten Krieg Begins
Great Patriotic War's Aftermath

C-54landingattemplehof.jpg

American C-54 Skymaster lands at Sydney Airport during the Syndey Airlift in 1948. When Australia was defeated, the Oceanian Confederation a puppet state, was created. Japan refused to aid the new government in rebuilding the major cities of the nation (Japan's industry was relatively untouched on the Home Islands, so they can help). With the refusal, the Government was relatively bankrupted and the economy was at a breaking point. From bases in New Zealand (which fell under FAE influence) and aircraft carriers off the coast, the Silver Air Force took action and supplied the coastal cities with food and materials. Embarrassing itself in the international community and the fact it was not doing it's duties to serve Asia, Japan eventually sent aid to Oceania and ended the airlift. This would be the first of many confrontations between the former allies.

images - 2020-06-29T193356.512.jpeg

Tirpitz photographed from the cruiser Wilhelm, during the Bermuda Standoff, where a fleet of German battleships and cruisers accidentally sailed into the American sphere of influence and was mistaken as an invasion force. When questioned, Captain Karl Topp replied by saying they went off course, as they were supposed to visit Dakar for supplies, although a lot of skeptics and researchers still doubt this. They were eventually released under pressure from Berlin, but not after they were taken in custody for 5 weeks and brought to a Interment Camp for questioning.

images - 2020-06-29T194551.970.jpeg

Italian soldiers charge uphill during the Battle of Hill 41. Croatian soldiers of the 2nd Rifle Battalion doing a training exercise with German troops accidentally entered Italian territory outside Trieste, encountering Italian border troops. Thinking the Italians were remnants of the Yugoslav Partisans due to them not wearing a standard Italian uniform, the Croatians opened fire. The Germans already knew that the "partisans" were Italians, but were scared of being involved. In orders, they retreated and partook no longer at Hill 41. By the end of the battle, 44 Italians and 56 Croatians lay dead, with hundreds more wounded. The Battalion was disbanded and was punished by the Germans. Refusing to hand over the Croats to Italy, relations soured between Rome and Berlin.

images - 2020-06-29T195416.045.jpeg

Hitler denounces Hirohito after his refusal to aid Oceania in its rebuilding process and gave Washington recognition for acting on Tokyo's behalf by commencing the Sydney Airlift. Hirohito backfired with a speech of his own, claiming that Washington influenced Berlin to speak against them, and that Hitler was too soft. Germany cut relations with Japan soon after.

View attachment 561460
American Musician Tiny Tim as seen in Martin Scorcese's 1982 film Joker as the title character. The role and the film, part of the "DCCU" would gain critical acclaim, with many suggesting that Tiny Tim even deserved an Oscar nomination for his performance as the broken and growingly unhinged comedian and eventual serial killer and super villain.​
I will see your Tiny Tim and I raise you a Marilyn Monroe
1593431681948.jpeg

Marylin Monroe in the 1962 Batman film as the Joker. The movie redefined the goofy batman of 50’s brining it back to the dark and grittiness of 1940’s. Playing Jackie Napier a failed comic turn fall women after a run in with Batman in Ace Chemicals she would be transformed into the Joker. A psychopath serial killer and criminal who threatens Gotham city and obsession with the Batman. The movie would go on to start the award winning show “The Batman” in which Marylin would play the joker.

I will see your Tiny Tim and I raise you a Marilyn Monroe
View attachment 561471
Marylin Monroe in the 1962 Batman film as the Joker. The movie redefined the goofy batman of 50’s brining it back to the dark and grittiness of 1940’s. Playing Jackie Napier a failed comic turn fall women after a run in with Batman in Ace Chemicals she would be transformed into the Joker. A psychopath serial killer and criminal who threatens Gotham city and obsession with the Batman. The movie would go on to start the award winning show “The Batman” in which Marylin would play the joker.
I see your Marylin and counter with Mark Hamil...

Mark Hamill as The Joker from 1995 Batman Rising. At the time of its release, many comics fans were upset over the decision to change the jokers classic look. Mark Hamill himself would come out and defend the changes, saying that they were intended as a homage to the 1928 classic The Man Who Laughs, widely believed to be the inspiration for the Joker.

(From an earlier post about alternate casting for Batman in the Blue Skies in Camelot thread)

Mark Hamill as The Joker from 1995 Batman Rising. At the time of its release, many comics fans were upset over the decision to change the jokers classic look. Mark Hamill himself would come out and defend the changes, saying that they were intended as a homage to the 1928 classic The Man Who Laughs, widely believed to be the inspiration for the Joker.

(From an earlier post about alternate casting for Batman in the Blue Skies in Camelot thread)
Would his performance be similar be similar to the joker in BTAS?

Better version of Mark Hamill Joker:

I see your Mark Hamill and raise you Willem Defoe:

I see your William Dafoe and raise you Robin Williams Riddler and Tim Curry Joker.
I see your Dafoe and Williams and raise you
1593473210003.jpeg

Wesley Snipes as Batman in “The Dark Knight returns”playing and older versions of his bat during the first DCEU and tv show, as he comes out of retirement to fight crime once again.

I see your Dafoe and Williams and raise you
View attachment 561704
Wesley Snipes as Batman in “The Dark Knight returns”playing and older versions of his bat during the first DCEU and tv show, as he comes out of retirement to fight crime once again.
I see your Wesley Snipes and raise you this:

The Joker(s), Two Face, and Riddler

Jim Carrey as the Joker from Tim Burton’s 1989 classic, Batman Begins.

The role for Joker in Batman Begins initially went to Jack Nicholson, but when Nicholson lost interest in the project Carrey (the runner up) got the part.

Willem Dafoe as the Joker in the gripping Batman live-action series, Caped Crusader (1990-1998).

Both Dafoe and Carrey would be hailed by fans as the best Jokers (often times there are arguments between Carrey fans and Dafoe fans as to who is the better Joker, who is the definitive Joker). Later on, Tim Curry would join Carrey and Dafoe as one of the most popular and recognisable Jokers by lending his voice to the Clown Prince of Crime in Batman the Animated Series (2005-2011).

Billy Dee Williams as Gotham District Attorney Harvey Dent from Caped Crusader.

Billy Dee Williams as Caped Crusader’s Two Face.

Four years later in 2002, Williams would take up the persona of Harvey Dent and Two Face once more in Tim Burton’s Batman Forever and teamed up with the Riddler (played by Robin Williams). The villainous duo would go up against Batman (played by Michael Keaton) and Catwoman (played by Michelle Pfeiffer).

Batman Forever movie poster.

The first official Warner Bros. trailer for Batman Forever.

The second official trailer for Batman Forever.

The first official Warner Bros. trailer for the upcoming Batman film, “Joker: The First Laugh” which is due to release this Summer (directed by Manoj Nelliyattu "M. Night" Shyamalan who worked with Tim Burton on Batman Forever).

The movie will star Ben Affleck as Batman, a first for him, and Willem Dafoe returning as the titular character, the Joker – the film is also going to be the origin story of the Joker put to the silver screen.

Second official trailer for Joker: The First Laugh.

A promotional poster for Joker: The First Laugh.

Comparisons between the Jim Carrey Joker and the Willem Dafoe Joker through dialogue.​

The role for Joker in Batman Begins initially went to Jack Nicholson, but when Nicholson lost interest in the project Carrey (the runner up) got the part.

Willem Dafoe as the Joker in the gripping Batman live-action series, Caped Crusader (1990-1998).

Both Dafoe and Carrey would be hailed by fans as the best Jokers (often times there are arguments between Carrey fans and Dafoe fans as to who is the better Joker, who is the definitive Joker). Later on, Tim Curry would join Carrey and Dafoe as one of the most popular and recognisable Jokers by lending his voice to the Clown Prince of Crime in Batman the Animated Series (2005-2011).

Four years later in 2002, Williams would take up the persona of Harvey Dent and Two Face once more in Tim Burton’s Batman Forever and teamed up with the Riddler (played by Robin Williams). The villainous duo would go up against Batman (played by Michael Keaton) and Catwoman (played by Michelle Pfeiffer).

The first official Warner Bros. trailer for the upcoming Batman film, “Joker: The First Laugh” which is due to release this Summer (directed by Manoj Nelliyattu "M. Night" Shyamalan who worked with Tim Burton on Batman Forever).

The movie will star Ben Affleck as Batman, a first for him, and Willem Dafoe returning as the titular character, the Joker – the film is also going to be the origin story of the Joker put to the silver screen.

Comparisons between the Jim Carrey Joker and the Willem Dafoe Joker through dialogue.​
You won

Well I declare myself the winner...

The Reaper
1593477924915.jpeg

Rare photo of the supervillain known as White Snake the first meta human villain to emerge after the first appearance of the Reaper. White Snake is reportedly a highly paid contact killer for the Black Mafia and a club singer in her past time.
1593478253444.jpeg

The mob boss known as Dolly Anne “Doll Face” a model who after a makeup accident would be become a meta human and criminally insane.
1593478669085.jpeg

a police drawing of the “Bug Man” a high tech super criminal.
1593478826455.jpeg

Duke Johnson head of the Johnson Family one of the most powerful families in the black mob.
1593478992309.jpeg

Simon Burke head of the Irish Mob who hold a tight pact with the black mob against Italian/Dixie/Vatos mafias
1593479276200.jpeg

one of the first sighting of the hero known as The Reaper after stopping a mugging.

Last edited:

I think Dafoe's face is almost perfect for the Joker but he is a bit short for the role IMO. Carrey on the other hand is pretty tall and has the right shape face too, a fairly long shin.
Pity neither actor got to play the part and IMHO no actor has really captured the role, a few have come close but there was always something off physically or acting wise.

nirvana-final-concert-1.jpg

Kurt Cobain performing with Nirvana in Munich, Germany in 1994.

nirvana-final-concert-4.jpg

This would be Kurt's last concert before going to rehab, where he would write a majority of the album "Boddah".

f23ddd9d2b7095e56b4bd859984cca9f.jpg

Seen above is the album cover of Boddah, painted by Kurt Cobain himself. The albums cover of "My My, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue)" would feature in the film GReY.

FooFighters-FooFighters.jpg

The album of Nirvana's album Foo Fighters, which many would point to as evidence of the "Kurt is dead" conspiracy theory.​

I think Dafoe's face is almost perfect for the Joker but he is a bit short for the role IMO. Carrey on the other hand is pretty tall and has the right shape face too, a fairly long shin.
Pity neither actor got to play the part and IMHO no actor has really captured the role, a few have come close but there was always something off physically or acting wise.
Agreed and poor Robin wanted to be the Joker so badly but never got the chance. :(