-the burgundies 800s-900s
-france 1030
-the burgundies 1100s-1200s (+1000s?)
-france 1180
-valois burgundy 1400s
-france 1477

Population Growth 1950 - 2020 by UN data
I continue

In the 20 years since the publication of "World Population Prospects: The 2000 Revision", you can take the results and determine the adequacy of the demographic models used by the UN in its forecasts. In the global plan, the UN almost guessed - although the population for 2020 is slightly larger than the "medium" option, it is closer to it than to the "high" one. At the regional level, disagreement begins - few countries are in the middle range. This is due to several aspects:
1) The UN did not guess the rate of falling fertility in Asian countries such as Iran and Africa
2) The “medium” varinat did not take into account fertility recovery in Eastern Europe
3) In many countries there are problems with population statistics (Ukraine, I'm talking about you) and migration
4) Obviously, the UN did not incorporate military conflicts into its model, such as the Syrian Civil War
5) I don’t understand in what dream of reason they found 2 million people in Bhutan at the turn of the millennium

blank linguistic map of Europe with country borders.... (map is editable)
This is an interesting mix of very modern lines and ancient lines. Also a lot of back-and-forth on representing presence of minorities over majorities.

Some examples:
in France occitan has been virtually extinct for decades, and even when it was still was spoken it's been a minority language for over century in its own heartland. Alsacian has a much smaller range and is a minority language, not a majority.

Meanwhile, Russian is underrepresented in Ukraine, Kurdish and others are underrepresented in Syria, Non-arabic is also absent in North Africa. Maybe have africa/middle east be a different color if you're excluding them and only doing Europe.

Last edited: