No Bismarck Challenge

Bismarck doesn't exist or isn't relevant in Europe. How does this affect German Unification and broader European politics?

Bismarck doesn't exist or isn't relevant in Europe. How does this affect German Unification and broader European politics?
There was the Omsk Assembly, some german pointed was a 'hail mary' of the habsburgs to try to revive the HRE as a new german based nation, Wilhelm I, even if more pragmatic, was as romantic as his brother and wanted to supported it, but bismark and other thought would fail and might have killed the zollverein, depends if that work, we could get a neo HR mittledeutchsland losung(in which part of austria, but not all of it) is part of a unified germany under the HREGN label

There was the Omsk Assembly, some german pointed was a 'hail mary' of the habsburgs to try to revive the HRE as a new german based nation, Wilhelm I, even if more pragmatic, was as romantic as his brother and wanted to supported it, but bismark and other thought would fail and might have killed the zollverein, depends if that work, we could get a neo HR mittledeutchsland losung(in which part of austria, but not all of it) is part of a unified germany under the HREGN label
I doubt it would work, simply put whale it was clear that the german people wanted unification, the heads of the smaller German states dint want it and if saxony or Bavaria sase no then it's not going to happen, especially considering how conservative both the prussian and Austrian monarchs are. Really whith out bismark or some other extremely talented diplomat Germany probably isn't unifating until after the next Europe cofeguation assuming one comes at all.

I doubt it would work, simply put whale it was clear that the german people wanted unification, the heads of the smaller German states dint want it and if saxony or Bavaria sase no then it's not going to happen, especially considering how conservative both the prussian and Austrian monarchs are. Really whith out bismark or some other extremely talented diplomat Germany probably isn't unifating until after the next Europe cofeguation assuming one comes at all.
grammar please, you started nice and collapse mid paragraph. Still DUNNO, nothing is set on stone, we could never see an unify germany, or france would try to annex luxemburg and the Omtz agreement would make germany unify vs france or something...nothing is set on stone, we could see the status quo under Zollverein too

Fascinating. Any other possibilities. One idea I had was an Austria-dominated Germany... but not sure how likely that is.
The butterflies are so massive are hard to predict what could happen, still if something don't changes are napoleon el pequeno(aka Nappy III) blunders and mistake, and here he could try luxemburg and end even worse that OTL

Femto

Banned
I think we could've Prussia winning a war against Austria, trying to pull a Greater Germany and getting a Franco-Russo coalition in their ass. The Prussian Army would be strong even without Bismarck but without his carefully though diplomacy they could get themselves into hot and dangerous waters, having to back off rather facing half of Europe.

The Zimmermann telegram didn't do wonders for my hopes about German diplomacy without Bismarck's guidance.

Last edited:
I think we could've Prussia winning a war against Austria, trying to pull a Greater Germany and getting a Franco-Russo coalition in their ass. The Prussian Army would be strong even without Bismarck but without his carefully though diplomacy they could get themselves into hot and dangerous waters, having to back off rather facing half of Europe.

The Zimmermann telegram didn't do wonders for my hopes about German diplomacy without Bismarck's guidance.
The last part was either Kaiser Wilhelm II or his advisers getting too cocky and thinking Mexico would really fight the US (and it's likely Mexico wasn't even in good condition to fight a war, having just had a civil war in the recent past). That, or they didn't think they would be caught.
Admittedly sinking of the Lusitania was badly mishandled by the Germans too. Thanks.