Masters of Fate : Alternate WWI TL

Peace
The masses ran out onto the streets on the evening of the 7th of August 1919. News of peace talks came with mixed reactions. Many couldn't wait to meet their couragous sons, proud fathers, loving husbands or caring brothers, some hadn't heard from their loved ones since the infamous Disasters on the Rhine. Others were not so happy about the news. They didn't want to see an end to the war until Berlin was laid in ruins, and it's people having to endure the same suffering as the citizens of Paris and London.

The armistice was to come into effect at the 9th hour on the 9th of August. Unfortunately thousands of soldiers would lose their lives in stupid attempts at glory and heroism, or just an unlucky soul hit by a stray bullet. The last of them being a sikh soldier known only as Ranbir, who died defending his comrades from soldiers of the 6th Bavarian Division. He would later become a symbol amongst both Hindu and Muslim communities in the Raj for loyalty to the British Crown and Imperial Unity. Future Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill would later mention him as the "Finest Brit in the Raj", in his pursuit for a Imperial Federation.

The Great War, as it came to be known in the West, lasted from the 28th of July 1914, after the Austro-Hungarian invasion of Serbia, until the 9th of August 1919. The war had claimed millions of military personnel dead or wounded, left millions of civilians dead, and many more displaced. The war itself , the famines, civil wars and diseases that ensued are thought of to have caused the deaths of between 30-60 million people in Europe alone, but estimates are harder to make the further east you go. Some even claiming as many as 80-90 million people died.
Depending on where one was in Europe, someone could have lost their entire friend group, or none at all. Villages could lose their entire youth, or not be touched at all. One thing was for sure though, it would take decades for Europe, and have large scale ramifications across the globe.

The Great War was the largest to ever have been fought, and none yet have even come close to compare to the truly massive death tolls and destruction.

!NOTE! This is my first TL, and writing is not exactly my speciality, but i will try to make this an interesting TL, if i choose to continue. And if u know any material i can read up on, or some info i can include, please comment. The main POD i have not exactly decided, but the intro holds some info about the war and the beyond it. I'm guessing it will be in 1915 or 1916, but for some PODs i may go a few years back in time and change a few things. I will mostly just write in my spare time and if im feeling exceptionally full of ideas.

Last edited:

Ficboy

Banned
Ban
Peace
The masses ran out onto the streets on the evening of the 7th of August 1919. News of peace talks came with mixed reactions. Many couldn't wait to meet their couragous sons, proud fathers, loving husbands or caring brothers, some hadn't heard from their loved ones since the infamous Disasters on the Rhine. Others were not so happy about the news. They didn't want to see an end to the war until Berlin was laid in ruins, and it's people having to endure the same suffering as the citizens of Paris and London.

The armistice was to come into effect at the 9th hour on the 9th of August. Unfortunately thousands of soldiers would lose their lives in stupid attempts at glory and heroism, or just an unlucky soul hit by a stray bullet. The last of them being a sikh soldier known only as Ranbir, who died defending his comrades from soldiers of the 6th Bavarian Division. He would later become a symbol amongst both Hindu and Muslim communities in the Raj for loyalty to the British Crown and Imperial Unity. Future Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill would later mention him as the "Finest Brit in the Raj", in his pursuit for a Imperial Federation.

The Great War, as it came to be known in the West, lasted from the 28th of July 1914, after the Austro-Hungarian invasion of Serbia, until the 9th of August 1919. The war had claimed millions of military personnel dead or wounded, left millions of civilians dead, and many more displaced. The war itself , the famines, civil wars and diseases that ensued are thought of to have caused the deaths of between 30-60 million people in Europe alone, but estimates are harder to make the further east you go. Some even claiming as many as 80-90 million people died.
Depending on where one was in Europe, someone could have lost their entire friend group, or none at all. Villages could lose their entire youth, or not be touched at all. One thing was for sure though, it would take decades for Europe, and have large scale ramifications across the globe.

The Great War was the largest to ever have been fought, and none yet have even come close to compare to the truly massive death tolls and destruction.

!NOTE! This is my first TL, and writing is not exactly my speciality, but i will try to make this an interesting TL, if i choose to continue. And if u know any material i can read up on, or some info i can include, please comment. The main POD i have not exactly decided, but the intro holds some info about the war and the beyond it. I'm guessing it will be in 1915 or 1916, but for some PODs i may go a few years back in time and change a few things. I will mostly just write in my spare time and if im feeling exceptionally full of ideas.
Just read some books on World War I and post-war Europe to get a better understanding of what was going on and what might have been.

Just read some books on World War I and post-war Europe to get a better understanding of what was going on and what might have been.
Dude. The timeline hasn't even gone over the POD yet, and it's just an intro. Saying shit like this is incredibly rude, especially since the OP is new to writing a timeline.

Ficboy

Banned
Dude. The timeline hasn't even gone over the POD yet, and it's just an intro. Saying shit like this is incredibly rude, especially since the OP is new to writing a timeline.
Sorry if I might have been unintentionally rude. I am simply giving advice to the author on crafting a good timeline and he has asked for feedback by the way as the introductory post indicates. Of course, it's just a suggestion that the author has the right to decide whether he wants to follow it or not.

Sorry. I am simply giving advice to the author on crafting a good timeline and he has asked for feedback by the way as the introductory post indicates.
The OP does not mention asking for feedback or help. This sort of shit discourages people from wanting to participate and does more harm than good.

I really doubt that Allies will reach Rhine Valley north of Saar by Summer 1919.
Realistically speaking, Entente 1919 offensive pushes out Germans from Belgium, Luxembourg and E-L. Then probably Germans ask for Armstice and that's all ends with a bit harsher ToV

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
UNBELIEVABLE.

That's it.

You couldn't make it four damned days without going back to the well? FOUR DAYS?

There are FOUR pending reports about your posting in the Report Queue at this moment.

Life's too short, ya' know?

To Coventry with you.

Nice work so far.
Always good to see new people starting a TL.
As for reading material that would depend on what the pod you are interested in.

Sorry folks, but I think i will delay this TL. Never done this before, and for a topic as grand as WW1, i want it to be done right, with detailed research and a great lore. I will definitively come back. But i need to get used to writing like this, and doing extensive research. Idk i just got a burst of enthusiasm watching and reading other people's TLs and just wanted to do something similar. Sorry to dissapoint u.....

Sorry folks, but I think i will delay this TL. Never done this before, and for a topic as grand as WW1, i want it to be done right, with detailed research and a great lore. I will definitively come back. But i need to get used to writing like this, and doing extensive research. Idk i just got a burst of enthusiasm watching and reading other people's TLs and just wanted to do something similar. Sorry to dissapoint u.....
It's all right. Inspiration comes and goes, and I've had a few failed TLs myself (under another account).
If the inspiration comes back and you want to continue, great. If not, that's alright. Better to wait and turn out a good product.

It’s alright man. Just write when you feel ready