Map Thread XXI

Also, just realized something: The future scenario by @Vonga-vonga could be a possible solution to the Fermi Paradox in how it shows a possibility that technological civilization is doomed to collapse back to a pre-industrial state.
Personally, I don't believe that humanity, or any civilization, is able to technologically regress further back than the early 1900s, if at all.

df7qxuz-7f71b506-fa12-44a5-9220-dfc6d49b30a4.png
... And here's the OTL worlda for 1700. Thought it'd be a good idea to start moving away from Euratlas for this one, it was not -- what should have been a fairly easy map lead me on a wild goose chase for good maps of 1700s France with fairly limited luck.
Odd to have a autonomous color for the most Lithuanian parts of Lithuania. Was that color meant for Royal Prussia?

Does anyone still remember polandball?
I took this nice history of Europe...

...and continued it into the future.

Combined:
It is really depressing to see humanity learning almost nothing from its past mistakes, until it sinks after unleashing such horrors.
Some questions:
In 2400, what do these three-eyed states represent?
-What is this successor state in southwestern France from 2400 to 3200 (with a ruined city of Paris above it?)?
-In 2760 what does all these states with eagles from England to Switzerland mean?
-In 3200-5000, is the people with a swastika a distant heritage of Nazism?

Odd to have a autonomous color for the most Lithuanian parts of Lithuania. Was that color meant for Royal Prussia?
IIRC, Samogitia had some degree of autonomy.
It was a fairly loose autonomy, but yes, it was autonomous. In hindsight, maybe I should have done it with dashed lines or something, but I believe it only lost autonomy over time so there'd be no point in doing that now.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duchy_of_Samogitia

In 2400, what do these three-eyed states represent?
-What is this successor state in southwestern France from 2400 to 3200 (with a ruined city of Paris above it?)?
-In 2760 what does all these states with eagles from England to Switzerland mean?
-In 3200-5000, is the people with a swastika a distant heritage of Nazism?
-Three eyes in polandball represent being irradiated.
-Bayonne. It's basically reborn France with a different capital.
-Just various German and Anglo states that emerged after the complete collapse of Scandinavian system. As most of the population in those territories died, a large portion of their population is from neighboring states, like Switzerland.
-No, it's a far future "mutation" of Swiss cross.

Oh, that's nice.
Though I agree with Techno Angel, straight lines in Kazakhstan are bothersome. Plus if Russia would annex parts of it I imagine it'd be slightly different parts, more along ethnic lines. Something like in this map:
The reasoning behind Russia annexing some Kazakh territory is your Polandball map showed Kazakhstan with a big chunk ripped out of his head and chained to Russia (implying puppet). Then in 2060 it's straight up annexed.

I didn't go into how realistic this future map may be because it's essentially just fiction, but if you know anything about Russia's demographics you can say that it's very unrealistic, considering how with the current trends Russia won't be, well... Russian by the end of the century, much less capable of annexing anything - Europe has the same problem, but in Russia it is much worse

I think it's more likely for the country to fall apart with Muslim-majority parts breaking away, China annexing Siberia directly and what's left turning into something similar to giant Bosnia

And I live there

I didn't go into how realistic this future map may be because it's essentially just fiction, but if you know anything about Russia's demographics you can say that it's very unrealistic, considering how with the current trends Russia won't be, well... Russian by the end of the century, much less capable of annexing anything - Europe has the same problem, but in Russia it is much worse
Yeah, Russia lasts to 2060 and then splits up in the Polandball map.

I think it's more likely for the country to fall apart with Muslim-majority parts breaking away, China annexing Siberia directly and what's left turning into something similar to giant Bosnia

And I live there
I admit I don't know trends in Russian demographics, so what's Russia gonna be?