Map Thread XX

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad you like it.

I mean I guess. I have done a few requests for maps. I just have to see what the request is before I agree to it. What are you looking for?

You know I just started making maps some months ago. There are some Bam maps you could likely use to better approximate the borders and stuff. I've largely got these borders down from looking at relief maps. As for my Greece/Byzantium maps, I've pretty much got those borders down by heart because of CK II and because of made a lot of maps when I was bored. @Zagan has a mapmaking tutorial. Here's the link if you're interested.

You're maps are better off than when I first started making maps.
@Basileus_Komnenos

1. well what I am looking is simply a map with slightly more detail, with cities and alliances more enunciated, for example if it
  2. Regarding the more detail, you can barely see that Italy holds Corsica Dalmazia Lubiana Nizza and Upper Savoy
I would love to have a map in this style below. Or close to it.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:KaterBegemot#/media/File:Europe_1878_map_en.png

And thanks for allthe compliments.

I'm not sure whether I want to know what happened to Japan ITTL or not.
I mean, it's not *that* bad, there's hasn't been any genocides (as MacArthur had respect for the Japanese, and his successors have followed suit), they're way better than some other states (like Vladdie, or the former Belgian Congo), and they're even (somewhat) of a democracy. They just want for good old American Unity (when I post the finished world map, you'll see what I mean), of course, not everyone agrees on what that is

1. well what I am looking is simply a map with slightly more detail, with cities and alliances more enunciated, for example if it
  2. Regarding the more detail, you can barely see that Italy holds Corsica Dalmazia Lubiana Nizza and Upper Savoy
I would love to have a map in this style below. Or close to it.
Ah I see.

Would something like this work? Its a map of the Roman Empire in the year 700. I posted this on the map thread not too long ago.
Byzantium AD 700

Here's a map I made depicting the Roman Empire in the year 700. What do you guys think of this map?

I mean, it's not *that* bad, there's hasn't been any genocides (as MacArthur had respect for the Japanese, and his successors have followed suit), they're way better than some other states (like Vladdie, or the former Belgian Congo), and they're even (somewhat) of a democracy. They just want for good old American Unity (when I post the finished world map, you'll see what I mean), of course, not everyone agrees on what that is
Does it mostly consist of 'MURICA, F#@K YEAH! by any chance?

So seeing this old map of yours, I guess the Arab/Muslim invasion of Hispania and Lusitania didn't happen? I probably won't exist in this TL. LOL
I'm fairly certain that is an OTL map.
Its an otl map of the Roman Empire as it stood in 700 AD just prior to Justinian II's return and second reign after his exile.

I might have some issues in regards to political boundaries as I'm not really quite sure which faction is which based on the color coding.

Its an otl map of the Roman Empire as it stood in 700 AD just prior to Justinian II's return and second reign after his exile.

I might have some issues in regards to political boundaries as I'm not really quite sure which faction is which based on the color coding.
@Basileus_Komnenos I can help no problem.

TTL NATO equivalent is PACATO (Pacific American Carribbean Asian Treaty Organization) is AZURE like Greater Thailand and Brazil , Canada is also in it I made it a different color to show they had OVERSEAS TERRITORIES (British West Indies plus BELIZE and Falklands)

• DARK BLUE is for USA's aligned countries that can't enter in PACATO like Republic of Algeria , Greater Italy, the (still) Union of South Africa, the West African Federation, or the Kingdom of Greece in Exile (Greek Islands, Cyprus and Crete) and Khalistan (Sikh state)

• RED is for the USSR

• LIGHT RED is for the (TTL extend) for WARSAW PACT like Kurdistan, Turkey, Mainland People's Democratic Republic of Greece , Congo and North Yugoslavia

• PINK is for Sovietphile countries NOT in Warsaw Pact

• GREEN is for the Portuguese Federative Republic (remember, besides Goa they had also had other enclaves in India I couldn't put due to the map type)

• PURPLE is for India

• DEEP PURPLE for India's puppet or satellite states of Punjab, Bhutan, Sikkim, Sri Lanka and Sindh

• YELLOW is for Chiang Kai Shek TTL United China

• White is for independent or unaligned like Cuba, Okinawa, Zanzibar Sultanate, Ryuku and few others.

After two days of work, I've finally finished an alternate history scenario of mine that's basically Code Geass and Man In The High Castle combined.

Code Grease.png

Overall, I'm not too pleased with this map. If I had to do a revision, I'd change a lot of the countries and borders, do less details so they wouldn't clutter up the map with numbers, and make it more clear what kind of territory the superpowers have.

After two days of work, I've finally finished an alternate history scenario of mine that's basically Code Geass and Man In The High Castle combined.

Overall, I'm not too pleased with this map. If I had to do a revision, I'd change a lot of the countries and borders, do less details so they wouldn't clutter up the map with numbers, and make it more clear what kind of territory the superpowers have.
I'd also recommend setting all your text colors to solid black. That yellow and that lime green are very difficult to read on the white bg.

In fact, as a general rule of thumb - very, very rarely does text that is not labels need to be anything besides solid white, or solid black (depending on background). 90% of the maps here use white backgrounds, so black text should be the rule - the colors of the polygons are already indicated in the legend so it is not necessary for reading the map.

I'd also recommend setting all your text colors to solid black. That yellow and that lime green are very difficult to read on the white bg.

In fact, as a general rule of thumb - very, very rarely does text that is not labels need to be anything besides solid white, or solid black (depending on background). 90% of the maps here use white backgrounds, so black text should be the rule - the colors of the polygons are already indicated in the legend so it is not necessary for reading the map.
Yeah, I'll stick to black text next time.