Map Thread XX

India is in fact up to date! The Dominion in the north, the Commune in the east, and the Federation in the south with its pals Goa, Madras, and German Ceylon. My goal was to make the entire map accurate to the latest version (1.19) and while I aimed for accuracy to the pixel, that’s probably wishful thinking.
He's asking about India because there's an upcoming rework to the subcontinent that will dispense with the old states entirely. It looks like this:
79txi1ufsp151.jpg

D4XJAvWXoAAc7Oj

“We could finally fulfill The Boss’s vision… Outer Shopping Mall. International waters is a perfect place for commerce. Free from all the borders and laws and regulations, we can provide the finest goods to every customer… at a price no one else can match. And with our ICBM delivery, orders can be on your doorstep within 90 minutes, no matter where you are in the world. A weapon… to surpass Metal Gear…”
dear god. Sign me up. Imagine if all customers also get a cardboard box, latest in stealth technology, as Ocelot put it.

Putting aside the goofiness of this scenario, it becomes a lot less funny and a lot more eerily dystopian when you take into account that privatized militias are on the rise throughout the world, aren't very well-regulated by the international community, and when paired with the emergence of lethal autonomous weapons could genuinely be used as a means for large corporations to wage war and take control of territory without accountability from a state if they really wanted to.
Cyberpunk 2nd Corporate War be like:

The New Empire State.png

Huey Long's Dream (maybe)

There is a Huey Long joke to be made here. Basically a cute lil Commonwealth. Sorta like the Fallout ones, but meant in a future. May redo it cause apparently the US-22th century map got updated. Louisiana, and New Orleans specifically, are the HQ and main stronghold of the National Perfection Party. Description by @Siryeehaw, you can find it here.

10. National Perfection Party- America is full of imperfections that flaw and ruin our democracy. These debilitating flaws have taken a toll on the US, and it has nearly destroyed the US and her people.
Positions: "Perfectionism", elitist democracy, progressive.
Aspirations: Achieve American perfection, return to the era of 1950's Americana, in which men and women can live anywhere, doors unlocked, and ensure the American people are never threatened. Never again.

Do look forward to more US meps :> they smol, cute, bite-sized and quite nice.

After a lot of of mapmaking practice, I've finally made something that I think is good enough to share. So, I noticed that the Quarter-BAM Kaiserreich map is outdated and no longer accurate, so I decided to remake it from scratch. I know, it's not an original idea, but it is my very first map that I'm showing people, so maybe it's better to focus on my mapping skills rather than my ideas for now.

Anyway, I used borders from existing Quarter-BAM maps first, and only filled in gaps by eye as a last resort. I referenced HoI4 KR and google maps to make sure that everything's as accurate as I could get it. I also coloured it with the TOAST3R scheme. Criticism welcome!

View attachment 678348
The only thing I can find "wrong" is that the Italian Republic seems to own land across the Ticino River

He's asking about India because there's an upcoming rework to the subcontinent that will dispense with the old states entirely. It looks like this:
79txi1ufsp151.jpg
Oh, that makes sense then. Please excuse my ignorance, sorry… noobs gonna noob i suppose.

rbtyyilf55m71.png

Hope this doesn't count as current politics. This is just a dumb map I was inspired to do while procrastinating from my job.

rbtyyilf55m71.png

Hope this doesn't count as current politics. This is just a dumb map I was inspired to do while procrastinating from my job.

A cute lil' scenario. It's less OTL convergent when you realize the Soviet Union was formerly the Lithuanian Empire, America is Spanish speaking with a French minority, and the Afghans are mostly followers of the Blood Buddha. :biggrin:

A cute lil' scenario. It's less OTL convergent when you realize the Soviet Union was formerly the Lithuanian Empire, America is Spanish speaking with a French minority, and the Afghans are mostly followers of the Blood Buddha. :biggrin:

Hahaha! This is kinda meant to be infuriatingly convergent in purpose, but I like that explanation much better.

It's ok to do it every once in a while ONLY if you properly credit the mapmaker, but I wouldn't suggest doing this constantly, or only posting other people's maps
Of course you can.
But don't hesitate to specify that it is not your map (despite the presence of a direct link to the original map), to avoid any suspicion of plagiarism.
Well, just in case I’m just going to post a link to the person’s map then and not the image to make sure there’s no confusion. I will however of course give credit to the original author.

Imperium Aegyptia: 1 A.D. By KingsofWinter

It’s a Alternate History map on Deviantart that I discovered not too long ago and wanted to share, which follows a What If scenario where Marcus Agrippa dies in 36 BC when defeating Sextus Pompey, leading to Cleopatra and Mark Antony to emerge victorious over Octavian years later.

I want to of course stress that this is not my work, I am simply sharing and linking to it. All credit should go to the original author KingsofWinter.

Last edited:
Alright, I had another go at my Quarter-BAM Kaiserreich map! I updated India, added some coloured boxes around island groups, and made many adjustments and tiny fixes. I'm a lot more certain of the accuracy of small details this time!

(Again: I made this map myself from scratch (modified from 1991 base map), accuracy is my goal so I spliced in borders from existing Qu-BAM maps first and only drew borders by eye as a last resort, and I coloured it using the TOAST3R scheme. It's my first map I'm proud enough of to show people, criticism welcome, etc. etc.)

Edit: A couple more small tweaks, I'm confident that it's a good final draft now!
Kaiserreich Quarter-BAM Dymaxion88 (v2).png

Last edited:
rbtyyilf55m71.png

So is this China anything like the PRC?
Because if it is the outcome would not be China leaving and the fundamentalists regaining control, it'd be China basically slaughtering them all and not caring about the civilian losses, until the threat was destroyed.

Here's the first "complete" map in a project I'm doing, inspired by @soviet_killer which I'm sure is a bit too obvious, sorry! Need to try and figure out what sort of political parties would arise from this sort of scenario in which the English Civil War creates a parliamentary republic instead of a military dictatorship. Hopefully I can do election maps, party logos, etc., and write up some history for it, but this is a good start in a new style I've not done before