Famous last words.
Lol!

Quite well done! He looks like Alexander the Great in a French uniform in a way :cool:
Thanks! I was aiming for it to exude some sort of Imperial Authority. I plan on Napoleon II incoporate some pseudo-Roman practices and Aesthetics as part of the new "Empire style" art, cultural works, and architectural projects commissioned in the Empire.

May I ask what you used to make it?
I used Paint.net to make it. I mostly used the line tools to smooth out some of the rougher edges though.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
Vive la France! Vive L'Empereur!

Here's some cover art I finally finished. It features Napoleon II here and I based it off this painting by Leopold Bucher. Though I I reworked it from the original painting depicting him in a white uniform, and I changed the colors scheme to depict something more similar to otl's Second French Empire's uniforms. I also added a shoulder epaulette and a Royal sash. I based this on other contemporary paintings of Napoleon II and other ones on Napoleon III. The background painting is called "Return of the troops to Paris" by Emannuele Masse. Its one of my favorite later 19th Century paintings depicting the French Army.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making this timeline eventually a pdf when I finally complete it and use this art piece as the cover art. What do you think of it?

ZHFVGLU.png
wow, such a good painter, the correction is unnoticeable. XD
Ok, i'm joking but don't get delusional about your painting skills. we don't need another depressed painter that starts a WW

Vive la France! Vive L'Empereur!

Here's some cover art I finally finished. It features Napoleon II here and I based it off this painting by Leopold Bucher. Though I I reworked it from the original painting depicting him in a white uniform, and I changed the colors scheme to depict something more similar to otl's Second French Empire's uniforms. I also added a shoulder epaulette and a Royal sash. I based this on other contemporary paintings of Napoleon II and other ones on Napoleon III. The background painting is called "Return of the troops to Paris" by Emannuele Masse. Its one of my favorite later 19th Century paintings depicting the French Army.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making this timeline eventually a pdf when I finally complete it and use this art piece as the cover art. What do you think of it?

ZHFVGLU.png

Like the style of Napoleon II, but you stretched the painting! Doesn't look that nice tbh, I would leave it in its original proportions

Like the style of Napoleon II, but you stretched the painting! Doesn't look that nice tbh, I would leave it in its original proportions
I couldn't find a bigger version of the painting at the time. I just corrected it and posted the newer version with a more cleaner image.

wow, such a good painter, the correction is unnoticeable. XD
Thanks! It took a while at first, but as I did more, I got more and more used to it.

Ok, i'm joking but don't get delusional about your painting skills.
What? You mean I'm not da Vinci reborn lmfao! x'D

we don't need another depressed painter that starts a WW
Me: Its not like 2020 can't get any worse than it already is.
2020: Cowabunga it is

I mean I read mostly some books about Napoleon before deciding to write this timeline. I just got a book about the court of Charles X, and I have a book about Napoleon II on my phone as well.

I'm reading a lot of other articles and stuff though from my school library as well to help me with some research on this period. But obviously with the pandemic, my access to that has mostly been limited to online.

Do you have any other books/sources you recommend?

if you make Napoleon II had a military formation in the austrian army,you might like to read the book "For God and Kaiser" wich showhs exactly how peculiar the Habsurgh army was and for what they fought!

Last edited:
Vive l'Empereur! I can't wait to see Napoleon II take the throne and conquer Europe once more. Hopefully he'll learn from his dad's mistakes and that sort of thing. Just imagine the reaction of the British when they hear about his coronation.

September is already booked from the US gender reveal fires. XD
Tell me about it. I live in CA and the smoke worsened the air quality significantly.

we still have October( avoid the 7th, pls it's my 25th birthday :) ), November and December( on Christmas would be perfect)
Happy early Birthday! I turn 22 in December though so fingers crossed nothing happens then.

if you make Napoleon II had a military formation in the austrian army,you might like to read the book "For God and Kaiser" wich showhs exactly how peculiar the Habsurgh army was and for what they fought!
I was thinking of his grandfather letting him have some military instruction here in ttl. Since there’s no Hundred Days, Austria will be less paranoid about the House of Bonaparte. I could see him gain an army commission in Tyrol though.

you might like to read the book "For God and Kaiser" wich showhs exactly how peculiar the Habsurgh army was and for what they fought!
I just got it. I’ll definitely be reading it soon.

Vive l'Empereur!
Vive L’Aiglon!

I can't wait to see Napoleon II take the throne and conquer Europe once more.
Yeah you’ll be in for a fun ride once the major events start moving forward. The divergences I’m thinking for Napoleon though pale in some ways to some other political developments in otl. The history of Latin America and the US for example will be on a radically different course than in otl.

Though this eventually means that this tl’s Great War and the history of 20th century will be unrecognizable to us.

Hopefully he'll learn from his dad's mistakes and that sort of thing.
He’ll in some ways be like Napoleon III from otl as he learns to work within the confines of the European balance of power to eventually get to the point to completely upend it altogether.

Just imagine the reaction of the British when they hear about his coronation.
Oh I think everyone in Europe will freak out the prospect of another Bonaparte taking the throne. This tl’s Victorian Age will be fun though in terms of politics and ttl’s Queen Victoria though.

Last edited: