I SAWED THESE COUNTRIES IN HALF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a project done by Reddit user u/Pacmantaco, where he divided every nation in the world into two new states. I have decided to share these divisions with you, perhaps so they can serve as inspirations for timelines and stuff. One nation per day!

Afghanistan
First up is Afghanistan! The two successors are Amustan (north) and Pashtunistan (south). The rationale here is to create a Pashtun homeland in the southeast of the country.
afghanistan.png

If you’re not that user, and if you don’t have specific permission to post his content, folks around here tend to get upset at this specific action you’ve chosen. Maybe an outgoing link to his work posted in the Map Thread for reference instead?

Those borders are quite strange. Why include parts of Nuristan in Pashtunistan and the entirety of SW Afghanistan that's mostly Farsi speaking?

If you’re not that user, and if you don’t have specific permission to post his content, folks around here tend to get upset at this specific action you’ve chosen. Maybe an outgoing link to his work posted in the Map Thread for reference instead?
I actually did get permission, thank you very much.

For Algeria, the geographic differences between the north (Algiers) and south (the Tuareg Confederacy) serve as the dividing line.
View attachment 572966
I was expecting a North/South divide for Algeria, but I wasn’t expecting the line to be that far south, I was expecting it to be closer to the colonial era division between the Algerian departments and the southern territories

Andorra
Andorra was a little tricky, but I ultimately decided to use the Gran Valira and Valira d'Orient rivers as the dividing line. This leaves two principalities: Andorra la Vella (west, ruled by the French President) and Encamp (east, ruled by the Bishop of Urgell).
andorra.png

Those borders are quite strange. Why include parts of Nuristan in Pashtunistan and the entirety of SW Afghanistan that's mostly Farsi speaking?
i've seen some rather different ethnolinguistic maps of Afghanistan floating around the web.

Afghanlinguistic.jpg

Florida is independent. A whole nation of Floridamen.

Oh god, without the combined power of the other 49 states to keep Florida in check, the whole state is going to collapse into a lawless wasteland full of gator-riding gangs of retirees, Disneyworld costumed characters, and swamp men.

Status
Not open for further replies.