Hitler found Alive in Argentina in 1969

Let's say that Hitler doesn't turn his body into an unstable drug cocktail allowing him to think more rationally and be healthier in general. When the soviets start marching towards Berlin Hitler and Eva fake their deaths and escape to Argentina with Eichman.

After finding the bodies the allies quickly (quickly as possible with 1940's DNA testing anyway) realize they've been duped and start a 25 year long manhunt for the most wanted man in the world.

Eventually Hitler is discovered living in Argentina in 1969 anonymously acting as an advisor to the military regime. He's 80 years old but without the drugs in his system he's alive and still has a grasp of his surroundings. He and Eva also have a 19 year old son currently serving in the Argentine army, heavily indoctrinated and likely to become a serial rapist. The UN (Israel and the USSR especially) demand that Juan Ongania hand him over to finally face justice for crimes against humanity.

He refuses.

Would the UN be able to invade Argentina to get Hitler? What happens to Argentina afterwards if they do? What becomes of Adolf Jr.? Could this convince neighboring countries to hand over their nazi expats? And what course would Nixon take caught between South American and European allies?

Last edited:
Unlikely.

Even if Hitler is not drugged all kind of toxines and could live until end of 1960's there is not place for him where to go. Any government in the world is not going to protect him. He is most hunted human ever. Such regime just would be extremely stupid for protecting such hated man.

And even if Hitler somejhow manage to hide in any country and is found, government will happily hand him to anyone who wants him, no matter is that Israel, Soviet Union or International War Crime Tribunal. No one protect him anymore. If Argentinan president decides protect him, he will be ousted and quickly. On protecting of Hitler is not any benefit and ratherly just damage intrests of a country.

He is then quickly overthrown by his own military and the Hitlers are handed over.

Ongania would either have Wolfenstein reboot-level tech thanks to Hitler being there, or absolutely insane to reject this ultimatum.
Didn't South American dictatorships refuse to hand over Nazis all the time? Israel literally had to Kidnap Eichmann. I'm pretty sure pride and short sightedness are common human traits. Besides, it's not like I said Argentina survives.

Last edited:
Didn't South American dictatorships refuse to hand over Nazis all the time? Israel literally had to Kidnap Eichmann. I'm pretty sure pride short sightedness are common human traits. Besides, it's not like I said Argentina survives.
Adolf Eichmann doesn't come remotely close to Adolf Hitler.

Nor did Eichmann have the UN, the closest the world has to a single voice, saying "HAND HIM OVER."

Also, that flippancy about Argentina surviving isn't needed.

Adolf Eichmann doesn't come remotely close to Adolf Hitler.

Nor did Eichmann have the UN, the closest the world has to a single voice, saying "HAND HIM OVER."

Also, that flippancy about Argentina surviving isn't needed.
Fair enough. Moving on was Ongania stubborn enough historically for the military to then dogpilie him and save their own skins? Could this still cause a trend and what happens to the kid?

I think that if this is changed so that Hitler is living under a fake name in sparsely populated parts of the Andes, raising a family, and rich from jewels he took with him, this scenario is more plausible.

I can’t see what Hitler is supposed to contribute to the Argentinian government, why he would want to risk his life to help a people he considers inferior, or why they would risk everything for him.

I think that if this is changed so that Hitler is living under a fake name in sparsely populated parts of the Andes, raising a family, and rich from jewels he took with him, this scenario is more plausible.

I can’t see what Hitler is supposed to contribute to the Argentinian government, why he would want to risk his life to help a people he considers inferior, or why they would risk everything for him.
I guess it doesn't really matter long as he's discovered that year.

It indeed would be more realistic that Hitler adopst fake personalit, goes to plastic surgeon and perhaps grows beard or then shave his moustaches and perhaps even shave himself bowl or whatever different hair.

There just is not way that some government would protect him. And Hitler as advisor would be hellish stupid. There would be tons of better advisros for army than Hitler.

Several Germans historically served as advisors in the Argentine military post war
Yes, as technical advisors. But as much as they may have agreed with Nazism, they didn't create it. And it's not like Hitler can get to work in developing jet fighters, or train the air force in performing CAS missions. It would be political advise. Why would he provide it for a Latin American nation, no matter how much Spanish and Italian immigration it had received, and would anyone want political advise from the man who lost WW2?

I dunno. Make him have a daughter as well as a son, have Onganía fall in love with her and try to protect her father because of that. But the consequences remain the same: he gets couped and Hitler is send to whoever wants him.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Fair enough. Moving on was Ongania stubborn enough historically for the military to then dogpilie him and save their own skins? Could this still cause a trend and what happens to the kid?
Hitler's a dead man. Only question would be where and when.

He now had three of the most effective direct action intelligence services every created targeting him, Mossad, the GRU AND the KGB, along with probably most of the agencies on the European continent. The Israelis will want to take him alive, if possible, transport him back to Israel, give him a fair and transparent trial and 1st class hanging, if they can't get him out alive, the Mossad team will deal with the issue in place.

The Soviets simply won't care. They'll send someone from the KGB/GRU either straight from the Embassy that day or a team under diplomatic cover and wack him, probably with his wife and son. The hit squad will then hold up their diplomatic passports, take an Aeroflot flight back to Moscow and be awarded as Heroes of the Soviet Union.

The Soviets could go all brinkmanship on the Argentinians, and threaten them with some canned sunshine, but they are smart enough to know that simply going in and wasting him, his family, and any poor dumb bastards who get in the way would send just as powerful a message.

One way or the other, he's a dead man walking. This was before the movement to eliminate judicially sanctioned execution took hold. Pretty much every country in Europe had a statute on the books, even if it hadn't been used in decades (even countries that had eliminated peacetime executions had an exception for wartime, count on that loophole being exploited if he were somehow to wind up in a country with no peacetime death penalty). Beyond that there isn't a place on Earth that would be willing to offer him asylum.

When Hitler is trialed on public television and eventually executed a lot of the mythology of the Third Reich will come crashing down. Hitler in our popular culture isn't very similar to the actual person and historical figure. Hitler will likely come off quite, I don't know, perhaps mundane in the 1960s. Hitler was a pretty mundane and even rather boring person. The popular culture depictions would be radically different but beyond that I don't see much really happening. If anything it would be almost positive, the Fuhrer trialed (and found guilty obviously) in a democratic Israel. There would be a element of closer for the victims perhaps.

Last edited:
I was also thinking about giving the Hitler's a 12 year old daughter. Eva would be 45 in 1957 so is that too old for a second kid and if not what becomes of the brother and sister after daddy's extradited to the Hague?

Last edited:

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I was also thinking about giving the Hitler's a 12 year old daughter. Eva would be 45 in 1957 so is that too old for a second kid and if not what becomes of the brother and sister after daddy's extradited?
It would be at the higher end of normal fertility, but not unheard of (although likely an utter shock to all involved). What happens to the children, and Eva, would be entirely dependent on who took them and if it was an abduction or an assassination. The Israelis and many of the Western European countries would either leave them in place or hand them over to the BDR. If it is the Soviets or Poles they would likey hand them over to the DDR.

If it was an assassination the easiest way would be to either plant a bomb in a car or in the residence. Eva and the children would be collateral damage. Depending on which country pushed the button in him the concern about the optics would range from "really be better to wait until he's alone, or just with Eva" to "send it" with the KGB at the "just try not to get anything on your shoes" end of the scale and the U.S. or Israel at the opposite "looks really bad on TV when you blow up a little girl" end of the bell curve.

It would be at the higher end of normal fertility, but not unheard of (although likely an utter shock to all involved). What happens to the children, and Eva, would be entirely dependent on who took them and if it was an abduction or an assassination. The Israelis and many of the Western European countries would either leave them in place or hand them over to the BDR. If it is the Soviets or Poles they would likey hand them over to the DDR.

If it was an assassination the easiest way would be to either plant a bomb in a car or in the residence. Eva and the children would be collateral damage. Depending on which country pushed the button in him the concern about the optics would range from "really be better to wait until he's alone, or just with Eva" to "send it" with the KGB at the "just try not to get anything on your shoes" end of the scale and the U.S. or Israel at the opposite "looks really bad on TV when you blow up a little girl" end of the bell curve.
One father worshiping monster of a son it is than. I just though a kid sister that was probably sweet would've balanced it out.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
One father worshiping monster of a son it is than. I just though a kid sister that was probably sweet would've balanced it out.
One sweet 12 year old girl doesn't outweigh "the ONLY reason your father isn't already dead is that Satan had to finish building a new Circle of Hell to house him"