Harun al-Rashid dies in the invasion of anatolia( 782)

This an interesting pod I have not seen
Harun al-Rashid invaded Anatolia in 782 . With great success , how ever he pushes to far and his position was precarious, as the defeat of al-Rabi threatened his lines of communications

So Harun turned his army back,but during his march along the Sangarius River, he was surrounded by the tagmata under and Bucellarians to the how ever Tatzates, offered to aid Harun let's assume this doesn't happen .

And the Byzantines dicide to attack ( since negations fail ) and in figthing Harun dies and the army retreats back ( you can still have this portion of the army win or not I don't think it affects that much )

what are the effects on Irene rule and on the abbasid caliphate or nothing really changes ?

Last edited:
This an interesting pod I have not seen
Harun al-Rashid invaded Anatolia in 782 . With great success , how ever he pushes to far and his position was precarious, as the defeat of al-Rabi threatened his lines of communications

So Harun turned his army back,but during his march along the Sangarius River, he was surrounded by the tagmata under and Bucellarians to the how ever Tatzates, offered to aid Harun let's assume this doesn't happen .

And the Byzantines dicide to attack ( since negations fail ) and in figthing Harun dies and the army retreats back ( you can still have this portion of the army win or not I don't think it affects that much )

what are the effects on Irene rule and on the abbasid caliphate or nothing really changes ?
@John7755 يوحنا lets call the forum abbasids expert

Last edited: