1. Definitely, but not as same as OTL. In OTL, it was a fight between USSR and US. Now, France is also involved, which makes Africa a whole lot messier.Lebanon is not conquered by the uasr very interesting a definate hotbed in the future i presume.
Anyway i have several question:
1.since you mention africa im always wondering do the crazy leader of africa still exist (idi amin of uganda,mobutu of zaire,jean bedel bokasa of the car,samuel doe of liberia etc)
2.speaking of liberia what happened to that country
3.due to the uasr location who is in technical terms controll the mediteranian? since we have italy,spain,france,yugoslavia,uasr,turkey etc
4.what is the reason that german ship are nit allowed to rest
5.due to uasr not allowing american and british ship to rest are those two country (us and britain) atleast acknowledge that the uasr is a problem?
2. Discuss later at incoming African chapter.
3. France's sphere controls the Mediterania almost unmatchable.
4. Already answered by fellow friend.
5. During the 60s, Egpyt was decimated by British powers who wanted to resume colonialism in liberated Egypt. They finally Their hatred towards US is much later when they tried to expel Israelis (which dated back when Anglo-Israeli army swept Egypt). Basically is deep hatred.
Why didnt nasser just outright conquer kuwait? And does this make kuwait and to certain extent bahrain and the uae a us ally?
Speakinh of the middle east what happened to yemen and oman did yemen still undergo a split?
Nasser is controlling UASR with exponential expansion, more annexation means the death of UASR from international sanction. Remember that there are US and the Soviet Union, UASR is a big thorn for both of their expansion. Besides, Nasser needs to strengthen its nation from crumbling within. Kuwait is a US ally.
Yemen is unified with a communist nation, it will be discuss later in the Africa update. Oman also.