Der Krieg Des Sieges | A Central Powers Timeline

Title Page
YNWp97Y.png

A Central Powers Timeline

Just wanna give a heads up that the first update will hopefully be done by the end of the week. I’ve gotten much of the rough draft done but it’s been my birthday week so I have been between drunk and hungover quite a lot. BuT I’ve thought of this scenario for years so I know I want to do this

Hopefully this is not just typical Kaiserreich wank.
Thats actually my motivation to do this timeline. I don't like Kaiserreich that much, it’s ASB on many levels and I don’t get why people like it so much. It’s fun on HOI4 but when you look at the lore it gets quite ridiculous. So I want to write a realistic Central Powers victory timeline.

Thats actually my motivation to do this timeline. I don't like Kaiserreich that much, it’s ASB on many levels and I don’t get why people like it so much. It’s fun on HOI4 but when you look at the lore it gets quite ridiculous. So I want to write a realistic Central Powers victory timeline.
Kaiserreich is a backstory to make sense of game design. View it from the lens that they are trying to create an interesting world with each region having conflicts and then they work back from that point. It has a lot of popularity because it really made all of the world vibrant in HOI in a way the base game did not. You have lots of events and paths for every part of the world instead of most parts having nothing.

I do hope we see something different. I have seen quite a few CP TLs, and they all end up looking the same, with Germany gobbling up everything, while A-H falls apart, and we have to have WW2 for some reason.

We have to have WW2 because it's very unlikely that the cross-tensions that would arise from any peace acceptable to the winners after the cost of a fully modern industrialized war (something no power in 1914 was aware of or prepared for) could be long-term acceptable, especially once further economic cross-currents emerged.

Doesn't have to happen, doesn't have to happen a think like IRL, but a second war is exceedingly likely in almost any realistic or unrealistic scenario short of some sort of Germany takes over the entire planet BS.

Some things are just independent of the specifics of national politics.

We have to have WW2 because it's very unlikely that the cross-tensions that would arise from any peace acceptable to the winners after the cost of a fully modern industrialized war (something no power in 1914 was aware of or prepared for) could be long-term acceptable, especially once further economic cross-currents emerged.

Doesn't have to happen, doesn't have to happen a think like IRL, but a second war is exceedingly likely in almost any realistic or unrealistic scenario short of some sort of Germany takes over the entire planet BS.

Some things are just independent of the specifics of national politics.
Agreed.
Someone will be left pissed off by the final peace treaty- could be France, could be Russia, could be Japan, could be anyone- but Germany doesn't have the capacity to subdue all of Europe and will be distracted by its own problems. Eventuallly, someone's going to take a punch at the Kaiserreich.

In 1920, the idea of Germany getting back up on its feet and conquering almost all of Europe was a horrifying one, but eventually, what happened? Britain and France got tired and relaxed. America said "enough of this!" and turned its back on the world. And then the Great Depression gave the West bigger worries. All that put together, and one fiery German got the opening he needed... and the rest is history.

The same sort of thing will happen in a CP victory. Germany will watch over France like a hawk for the first few years, but it'll be distracted by (amongst other things):
  • The need to keep a lid on whatever Eastern European puppet states exist
  • Austria-Hungary and/or the Ottoman Empire most likely having serious issues with their minorities and internal functions
  • Party politics (as I recall, the Kaiser promised a constitutional convention after the war to get the SDP on board in 1914. Only defeat prevented it from happening.) Expect the SDP and Conservatives to tear each other apart in the Reichstag
  • Economic issues
  • The expenses involved in running Mittelafrika
  • And half a dozen things I'm forgetting
Since the CPs physically can't conquer all their foes, they will eventually, bit by bit, lose their iron grip over Europe. Will the French be back on their feet in 1920? Not a chance. But what about 1940? 1945? 1950?

WWII might not look a tiny bit like OTL's- different combatants, different dates, different everything- but there will be at least one war, circa 1940-1950.

*end rant*

That said, I'm still really looking forward to where you take this one!
:)

Note, a "bit" of a rant;

We should not forget that A-H is not fated to collapse as soon as somebody breaths in its general direction. I mean, you need to go to late 1917, early 1918 that independance starts to be even considered by these vaunted nationalistic masses. Frankly, has anyone even took a look at various political movements among the "enslaved" nations of the A-H, especially those that advocated for immediate independance? They are small, almost laughably so, and the chief concern they often raise is that people they are trying to make independant are generally apathetic to them. What generally desired by Czechs and Croatians (just to give an example) is to stand as equals with the Austrians and Hungarians, and these movements would now have blood of hundreds of thousands of their countrymen as proof of their loyalty, demanding greater Autonomy, not independance. They would consider weakened A-H a perfect thing, not to split off and try for independance, but to stand up and ask for greater rights. It took 4 years of war, huge casualties, losing their army 3 times over, and fighting on (at one time) on four fronts for the nation to collapse. Just saying, oh and the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy collapsed, because I have no knowledge of the area, and I can not be bothered to go beyond Wiki article, is incredibly deterministic and frankly lazy approach.

A-H was one of the fastest growing economies of the world, passing by Russia, was major exporter of goods, especially electrical goods, and with plenty of markets around is likely to bounce right back. Hungarian rebellion, oh so beloved by the people here, is going to end up a curbstomp, as majority of ones who actually caused problems were land owning magnates, not to mention, has anyone took a look who exactly is the Honved (which is expected to fight the rest of the Monarchy), aside from Hungarians (and they can not count on all of them TBF)? A lot of different nationalities, and I guarantee you, a Slovak or a Croatian is not going to stand idly by or even fight for Hungarian indepandence, while they have none.

First update should be posted this Saturday, focusing on the early stages of the war and the POD that causes this timeline.

Hint: it is amazing that sacking one cabinet minister can completely change history.