• Post made for three hours last night (9pm-12am EST) have been deleted. This was necessary due to some problems with server maintenance. Anyone who had problems logging into their account during this time should be fine now.

CSA policies from 1871-1900 ( Need help in making content )

So where do I begin...so I am making a mod for a game called Darkest Hour, that involves world campaign from 1871-1960s. As such of course alternative history timelines can occur during the play-through - Germany wins the First World War, Austro-Hungarian empire never collapses, British stay out of the world war 1 and etc.

Additionally besides that I have decided to from time to time add content for another already alternative history starting point where CSA secured its independence based of some fictional events that were described in Harry Turtledove's book ''How few remain''

As being new to these forums, I would like to start with this thread, where if it is possible, hear some ideas of how things would go down in a world where CSA is independent. Like flavor wise and minor event wise. Would there be any internal division, industrialization and etc that could be told through events so the world wouldnt feel desolate and bland. How would be the expansion of the navy carried out, railroad expansion and etc.
I hope I conveyed the idea behind this thread and I hope this was the right subforum for this.

Link to the project http://www.moddb.com/mods/dawn-of-weltkrieg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I am also making unit cards, although I have no idea what firearms would CSA use from 1870-1900 so help there would be also welcomed.
upload_2016-7-17_15-27-40.png

Have you checked out the TL191: Filling the Gaps thread over on the AH Books and Media section of the boards? The aim is to fill out Turtledove's world, and there's probably a lot in there you can draw on. The thread itself is getting pretty lengthy, but there's a handy index on the wiki.

Have you checked out the TL191: Filling the Gaps thread over on the AH Books and Media section of the boards? The aim is to fill out Turtledove's world, and there's probably a lot in there you can draw on. The thread itself is getting pretty lengthy, but there's a handy index on the wiki.
Ah thanks for info, will check that out.

Speaking of TL-191 - What type of firearms did Confederates use in war of 1880s Northern Aggression and World War 1? I cant seem to find a source....any ideas or ideas in regards how they would be called and who would be manufacturing them ?

Just a question, as you might know that whole +140 page worth of content. Was there anything mentioned about Knights of Golden Circle activities? Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you.
It doesn't look like it. However, the 'search' function in the top right-hand corner (plus the 'search this thread only' option) will probably be your best friend in this sort of case.

EDIT - THANKS. I have no idea how I missed those in index
It's possible that the index hasn't been updated for a while, in which case the search function will come in handy.

It doesn't look like it. However, the 'search' function in the top right-hand corner (plus the 'search this thread only' option) will probably be your best friend in this sort of case.

It's possible that the index hasn't been updated for a while, in which case the search function will come in handy.
Damn, thanks again, I feel so dumb, as I never noticed that search box.