Could France have won/drawn the Franco-Prussian War with a better operational plan?

From my understanding, although the French had several significant disadvantages in leadership and artillery tactics/technology, their infantry acquitted itself well at the beginning of the war, outshooting the Prussians. Later towards the war as the Prussians advanced on Paris the French were able to raise large forces (though poorly trained) which launched some slightly successful attacks though too little and too late.

I have a feeling a better operational plan might give the French a fighting chance. OTL Bazaine's army fought almost alone against the Prussians then retreated into Metz and surrendered. Napoleon III's relief army was captured at Sedan. After that the Republic still managed to raise forces. All this seemed to happen sequentially, each army being beaten in succession. Could these forces have fought united instead?

Even discounting the latter forces (since they were raised only by the Republic). Would it have been possible for the Army of the Rhine to retreat and link up with the forces that would become the Army of Chalons? Would French logistics be up to the challenge of supplying enlarged forces in closed distances?

Most importantly, would political realities allow this?

From my understanding, although the French had several significant disadvantages in leadership and artillery tactics/technology, their infantry acquitted itself well at the beginning of the war, outshooting the Prussians. Later towards the war as the Prussians advanced on Paris the French were able to raise large forces (though poorly trained) which launched some slightly successful attacks though too little and too late.

I have a feeling a better operational plan might give the French a fighting chance. OTL Bazaine's army fought almost alone against the Prussians then retreated into Metz and surrendered. Napoleon III's relief army was captured at Sedan. After that the Republic still managed to raise forces. All this seemed to happen sequentially, each army being beaten in succession. Could these forces have fought united instead?

Even discounting the latter forces (since they were raised only by the Republic). Would it have been possible for the Army of the Rhine to retreat and link up with the forces that would become the Army of Chalons? Would French logistics be up to the challenge of supplying enlarged forces in closed distances?

Most importantly, would political realities allow this?
Absolutely, problem being that those operational problems where created by the shaky political environment in the second empire.