Communist Germany 1918

What If Germany Became Communist In 1918?

• Total voters
I know it may seem a bit out there, but I've seen more ridiculous propositions on the website. What if the communist revolutionaries in Germany after WW1 succeeded in a takeover of Germany? How would WW2 play out? Would it even happen? What about the cold war? For this example let's say Bavaria breaks free under a communist regime and successfully raises a powerful militia.

-P.S. my first post so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right

World War II would happen with different alliances. You could see a Soviet-German alliance against a Anglo-French one. The question is what would trigger the war.

World War II would happen with different alliances. You could see a Soviet-German alliance against a Anglo-French one. The question is what would trigger the war.
Thoughts on what may trigger it If the Nazi's didnt desire a bigger lebensraum? I feel like war would've been avoided, the British and French definately wouldnt have started it. Perhaps soviet aggression in the baltics? Maybe they would've invaded poland anyway due to the desire of reclaiming old territory.