Cinco de Mayo

They are definitely not under Home Rule, which was such a nonstarter IOTL that Gladstone’s push for it broke the Liberals and ushered in the dominance of the modern Conservative party. Thanks to TTL’s Sydney Affair the appetite for Home Rule is virtually nonexistent outside of a few Liberals like Lord Ripon, which of course has huge butterfly effects for the Liberals and Tories.

As for Ireland itself... we shall see!
Without Home Rule, they'll definitely rebel against Britain in World War I or whatever it's called. Also, if that conflict even happens in Cinco De Mayo I expect the alliances to be more or less the same as OTL but with some differences. The Confederacy would likely stay neutral since there is very little they would gain from the war and there is no eternal grudge between America and Britain for diplomatic and trade reasons.

Without Home Rule, they'll definitely rebel against Britain in World War I or whatever it's called. Also, if that conflict even happens in Cinco De Mayo I expect the alliances to be more or less the same as OTL but with some differences. The Confederacy would likely stay neutral since there is very little they would gain from the war and there is no eternal grudge between America and Britain for diplomatic and trade reasons.
Not tipping my hand on whether there's a WW1, but I definitely agree that "Entente CSA, CP USA" is one of the most overdone cliches in alt-history and if there's a WW1 close analogue (if) I have no intent of going there. The CSA has its own priorities and interests to defend without getting dragged into European conflicts.

Not tipping my hand on whether there's a WW1, but I definitely agree that "Entente CSA, CP USA" is one of the most overdone cliches in alt-history and if there's a WW1 close analogue (if) I have no intent of going there. The CSA has its own priorities and interests to defend without getting dragged into European conflicts.
I recall in one of your chapters that there was Black migration from the Confederacy to America albeit different from OTL's Great Migration. I expect that Black culture and prominent figures will be very different such as the NAACP, Ida B. Wells, Booker T. Washington and others.

I recall in one of your chapters that there was Black migration from the Confederacy to America albeit different from OTL's Great Migration. I expect that Black culture and prominent figures will be very different such as the NAACP, Ida B. Wells, Booker T. Washington and others.
Not only this, but the very fabric of Western music will change as well. As the CSA is more of a backwater with neither the urban centers nor the industrial power and cultural clout of the OTL US, I imagine that music like gospel, ragtime, or the blues will not have quite as much influence. Speaking of music, how is classical music developing? With France moving in a more conservative direction, music like that of Satie and Debussy may be less popular or may not receive as much focus. Ditto for the avant-garde movements in visual art as well.

Not only this, but the very fabric of Western music will change as well. As the CSA is more of a backwater with neither the urban centers nor the industrial power and cultural clout of the OTL US, I imagine that music like gospel, ragtime, or the blues will not have quite as much influence. Speaking of music, how is classical music developing? With France moving in a more conservative direction, music like that of Satie and Debussy may be less popular or may not receive as much focus. Ditto for the avant-garde movements in visual art as well.
Yup. The CSA's major cultural centres are Richmond, Atlanta, Louisville, New Orleans, Nashville, Memphis and potentially other cities such as Dallas, Houston, Galveston and Charlotte. Miami won't be a major city without Northern investment and expatriates like OTL. Jazz and R&B will be limited to the Confederacy same with Kentucky Fried Chicken.

I imagine you're probably right. I don't know much about art and music during this epoch - I'll defer to this suggestion as canon.

The Revolt of the Caudillos New
"...the Chihuahuan forces advanced the most rapidly, moving quickly down the Mexican Central main trunk and seizing railroad assets as needed. Had the army of "the reluctant rebel" Manuel Gonzales moved quicker, the northern rebellion could have struck a decisive blow. As it were, the slow movement out of Matamoros and Tamaulipas allowed the forces under Bernardo Reyes, a protege and personal favorite of Grand Marshal Miramon, to deploy rapidly both via the Mexican Eastern and via supply ships routed through Tampico to move on Saltillo and fortify the rail junction there. As a main stop on the Eastern, as well as supplying the only trackage that connected the Eastern to the Central in the entirety of the North, Saltillo was one of the key points in the burgeoning Mexican rail network and losing it would have effectively cost the central government the North. A complementary army under Chihuahua's formal governor Angel Trias took up a position at the small cotton-farming village of Torreon, at the other end of the "Transnorte" line to Saltillo. A division of Reyes' men did everything they could to bleed Gonzales' forces in Monterrey before finally falling back to Saltillo as planned, abandoning the larger city to pull behind the established defenses. Maximilian was horrified that Reyes had "surrendered" such an important city, but Miramon, with the rare help of his otherwise-rival Leonardo Marquez - the Interior Minister - who calmed the Emperor's nerves. Marines dispatched by Admiral Salvador de Iturbide to secure the Tehuantepec were successful in repelling Maya commandos throughout the summer, and the long sieges of Torreon and Saltillo began to ossify. Miramon assured the rest of the government that if the "Northern Twins" could be held sufficiently long, the rest of the army he was raising, after the Altiplano was fortified and pacified against the spike in banditry accompanying the chaos, a larger force could crush the rebels at Saltillo and end the war in one blow. All the men Miramon was pitching this to were veterans of the War of Reform and French Intervention, though, and their memories of those long, bloody conflicts riven with irregular fighting suggested otherwise.

Lozada, however, had no plans to wait, and immediately split his army in two - one to take the port of Mazatlan to his north, and the other to move rapidly through the Rio Santiago valley to Guadalajara and put genuine pressure on the regime..."

- The Revolt of the Caudillos