Cinco de Mayo

It's really hard to imagine this France falling, as it's hinted at. Even if some idiot took the throne, it seems Napoleon has done a lot to stabilize it

It's really hard to imagine this France falling, as it's hinted at. Even if some idiot took the throne, it seems Napoleon has done a lot to stabilize it
The credit really belongs to Bismarckian figure if Francois Bazaine, who kicked the country into shape after its embarrassment (and near collapse of the Empire) in the Third Unification War, though Nap 4 has certainly been a more vigorous Emperor than his father was at the end of his reign, and it wasn’t *that* long ago ITTL that France was putting down communard revolts and struggling

As for the rest of your thoughts... well, nobody thought European monarchy was going to collapse pre-WW1 either, did they? ;)

Frederick and Victoria: Consorts of Germany
"...despite the near-miss when Emil Max Hödel fired his pistol at the 81-year old Kaiser on May 11, Wilhelm did not increase security for his open-carriage rides on the Unter den Linden. The crown prince and his wife were dining when the word reached them, less than a month later, that another attempt had been made on his father's life on the very same street, this time fired by a Dr. Karl Nobiling with a shotgun [1] from a window overlooking the route. The mortally-wounded [2] Wilhelm was rushed back to the Stadtschloss, where his age, poor health and the buckshot took him later in that evening.

As news of the assassination reverberated around Europe, June 2 would become an infamous day in Europe for the slaying of the Kaiser but also the first day of Frederick III's reign. As he clasped his father's hand as Wilhelm took his dying breath, he rose as Emperor of Germany. Bismarck took Frederick aside, and despite their differences, they embraced and wept. "Good luck, Your Majesty," the Iron Chancellor was said to have whispered to the new Kaiser before they kissed hands. The Wilhelmine age had ended - the age of the Consorts had begun..."

- Frederick and Victoria: Consorts of Germany

[1] Both of these events are entirely OTL, except...
[2] Here our butterfly flaps her wings

The credit really belongs to Bismarckian figure if Francois Bazaine, who kicked the country into shape after its embarrassment (and near collapse of the Empire) in the Third Unification War, though Nap 4 has certainly been a more vigorous Emperor than his father was at the end of his reign, and it wasn’t *that* long ago ITTL that France was putting down communard revolts and struggling

As for the rest of your thoughts... well, nobody thought European monarchy was going to collapse pre-WW1 either, did they? ;)
You monster, I actually really like this France lol

You monster, I actually really like this France lol
We’ll see what happens! lol. I actually enjoy Frenchwanks since they’re uncommon. You should check out my pseudo ASB “Napoleon’s World” over on the althistory wikia if you want some “French superpower” action haha

Thank you!! And thank you for reading
It's not only a Second Mexican Empire survives alternate history but a no Lost Order 191 Confederate victory scenario as well with rather realistic results to boot: Basically they earn their decisive victories in Chambersburg and York, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Fredericksburg, Virginia but they've got a lot of issues to sort out after the War of Southern Independence/Civil War ends. The only thing I object to is the existence of the Ku Klux Klan I doubt they would ever pop up given the altered circumstances of the post-war South compared to it's Reconstruction counterpart. Zebulon Vance (cool name and mustache by the way) will soon become President and hopefully he'll put the Confederacy/Dixie on a better path to industrialization and a post-slavery society. It seem as though an alternate version of the Great Migration will occur given that we've seen escaped slaves and free blacks move to the United States with a lot of persecution. The Republicans are effectively dead and another party will rise to take their place.

It's not only a Second Mexican Empire survives alternate history but a no Lost Order 191 Confederate victory scenario as well with rather realistic results to boot: Basically they earn their decisive victories in Chambersburg and York, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Fredericksburg, Virginia but they've got a lot of issues to sort out after the War of Southern Independence/Civil War ends. The only thing I object to is the existence of the Ku Klux Klan I doubt they would ever pop up given the altered circumstances of the post-war South compared to it's Reconstruction counterpart. Zebulon Vance (cool name and mustache by the way) will soon become President and hopefully he'll put the Confederacy/Dixie on a better path to industrialization and a post-slavery society. It seem as though an alternate version of the Great Migration will occur given that we've seen escaped slaves and free blacks move to the United States with a lot of persecution. The Republicans are effectively dead and another party will rise to take their place.
I like hearing your thoughts! I went back and forth on including the alt-Klan but found a different niche for them. We'll see about Zeb Vance... if anything that may be too optimistic a take, this is no dystopia but this is also the kind of TL where we've already had the Natives be genocided even more brutally than OTL and where a ten year old prince was just shot in the face at his first communion, so stay tuned!

I like hearing your thoughts! I went back and forth on including the alt-Klan but found a different niche for them. We'll see about Zeb Vance... if anything that may be too optimistic a take, this is no dystopia but this is also the kind of TL where we've already had the Natives be genocided even more brutally than OTL and where a ten year old prince was just shot in the face at his first communion, so stay tuned!
SO OTL? people always sell short how brutal OTL was

SO OTL? people always sell short how brutal OTL was
That’s what I’m shooting for with this project. A world as realistically brutal, silly, farcical, ugly and hopeful as OTL, but of course in different ways. I don’t believe in dystopias or utopias - I want to follow my instincts wherever they lead with the course of TTL’s history, hopefully up to present day if possible

That’s what I’m shooting for with this project. A world as realistically brutal, silly, farcical, ugly and hopeful as OTL, but of course in different ways. I don’t believe in dystopias or utopias - I want to follow my instincts wherever they lead with the course of TTL’s history, hopefully up to present day if possible
So is there going to be a Franco-Prussian War and World War I just like OTL. Germany so far has united itself in a war under Otto von Bismarck but at the same time France is still under a monarchy and not a republic due to winning the Battle of Puebla and keeping Mexico as a puppet state so if the Franco-Prussian War still occurs it may or may not end the same and who knows if World War I will break out with the results of OTL.

Last edited:
And so far you've done, france wank nowstanding(again OTL was a france wank too), this TL have been amazing

So is there going to be a Franco-Prussian War and World War I in this timeline just like OTL.
Already Happened, France loss but didn't loss E-L as bismarck hold more political capital and was able to soothe the southern states fear with a enforcable DMZ in Eltass and colonies

keeping Mexico as a puppet state
Mexico was more a satellite state itl than a puppet state, and even that didn't last long. A shorter and less devastating war meant that the Imperial government was able to stand on its own legs rather quickly, and they shook off French "tutelage" as soon as they could.

Mexico was more a satellite state itl than a puppet state, and even that didn't last long. A shorter and less devastating war meant that the Imperial government was able to stand on its own legs rather quickly, and they shook off French "tutelage" as soon as they could.
Techically Mexico is already out the french orbit since TTL F-P war, is just Max is using all europeans for their money for Mexico

The Age of Questions: Britain in the Gauntlet of Change and Upheaval
"...whereas Lord Stanley was indecisive and terrified of his Cabinet, and Spencer Horatio Walpole was cynically jaded to the point of aloofness, it was Carnarvon's thirst for influence and power, efforts to push out competent rivals, and stubborn refusal to bend from his instincts even in the face of clear evidence his approach was doomed to failure that lends to his low esteem among historians, when ranked against other Prime Ministers of the 19th century. However, unlike many of his peers, Carnarvon had something of a second life in the last decade of his life (he would die only aged 57 in 1890). He scaled back his activities in the House of Lords after leaving Downing Street and would never again serve in an official government role; he declined the offer made to him by Queen Victoria to appoint him Governor-General of Canada, a country where he is still regarded highly for his role in Confederation and negotiating British Columbia's entry into the Dominion, and when the Tories briefly returned to power in the mid-1880s [1], he held no office. Instead, he made a tremendous impact with his funding of research into antiquities, a legacy continued on by his son, George Herbert, a financier who helped fund much of the excavation of Egypt's Valley of Kings [2]. Asked shortly before his death to reflect on his tumultuous - and in the eyes of his contemporaries, disastrous - premiership, Henry Herbert, the 4th Earl of Carnarvon, simply shrugged, puffed his cigar and remarked, "Well, we can't all be a Pitt or a Peel, now can we?"..."

- The Age of Questions: Britain in the Gauntlet of Change and Upheaval

[1] Flash-forward
[2] This is OTL factual

Wait what? The Tories spent the last fifteen or so years driving the country into a ditch and the voters reward them with a return to power a few years later? One of three things must have happened.

1 - No/very limited electoral reform/franchise legislation between 1878 and the mid 1880s
2 - The Liberals must somehow be worse from 1878 to to the mid 1880s than the Tories were from 1870-1878.
3 - The electorate drank lead paint and it made them forget the 1870s entirely.