Blue Skies in Camelot: An Alternate 60's and Beyond

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Never claimed that there were good fascists or even that they were bad, I made no claim as to their moral positioning, you're strawmanning and I'm not going to sit here and take it. Also not sure what "encourage gag people" is supposed to mean, so I'll just ignore it. Also going to ignore the rest of your emotionally driven screed against fascism. You do, however, seem to be conflating authoritarianism with fascism which is just incorrect. Fascism is authoritarian, Authoritarianism is not fascism. Fascism is an ideology, Authoritarianism is a governing style. Nazi Germany was authoritarian, the Soviet Union was authoritarian, Brazil under it's military dictatorship was authoritarian, even Poland today could be described as authoritarian, or at the very least as undemocratic. Authoritarianism is not inherently immoral or "evil" as you say, neither is democracy or republicanism inherently moral, you'd do well to remember that. Also, it's not the ideals of the government you shmuck, it's the ideals of the people who make up the government. If you replace the people, then you can change the ideals that drive the government. This is how you can get politically progressive government for 8 years and then a conservative government for 12 years and then a centrist government for 2. And your last claim is just flat out wrong, I have no real need to engage with it.
Don't insult other members.

To also be clear you are treading very dangerous ground, even when you aren't insulting people

I don’t know what you talk about.
I quoted Ogrebear (who said CalBear should lock the thread) saying if CalBear locks the thread it may never open again and you quoted me saying you kinda agree. I was asking if you agreed with me that it should not be locked or agreed with Ogrebear that CalBear should lock it until the author returns.

Greetings all!
I understand that less than savory conversations have been taking place here of late. Please behave yourselves and abide by all site rules, folks!
As we are nearing the thread limit anyhow, I may look at starting a new thread if/when I'm ready to continue the timeline.
Best wishes,
President_Lincoln

Greetings all!
I understand that less than savory conversations have been taking place here of late. Please behave yourselves and abide by all site rules, folks!
As we are nearing the thread limit anyhow, I may look at starting a new thread if/when I'm ready to continue the timeline.
Best wishes,
President_Lincoln
I think this means they accept the locking and closure of this thread because of the reasons mentioned and possibly because of recent issues.

Please, before we close the thread give individual warnings to all who caused trouble. There's been too much I'm afraid.

Greetings all!
Best wishes,
President_Lincoln
Will you be providing a links to this continue timeline threads

Last edited:
Greetings all!
Best wishes,
President_Lincoln
Continue when able.

Greetings all!
Best wishes,
President_Lincoln
This is the greatest Kennedy timeline I've read. Do you still plan to edit the timeline to make some of the retcons you discussed? I think you mentioned you were going to change 1964 to a Kennedy Goldwater race, and take away Reagan's primary against Romney in 1972.

This is the greatest Kennedy timeline I've read. Do you still plan to edit the timeline to make some of the retcons you discussed? I think you mentioned you were going to change 1964 to a Kennedy Goldwater race, and take away Reagan's primary against Romney in 1972.
Thank you very much for your kind words. After giving the matter a great deal of thought, I've decided not to perform any of the retcons. My fellow posters here have helped me see that to go back and start changing things would compromise the integrity of the TL.
We move forward!