Beyond the town of Gettysburg

Ramontxo

Donor
Please chose whatever way is easiest for you, but keep this TL going
Dear audience, I do hope not do disappoint you, but I will be changing the narration mode to a more history-booky style. This is due to a little mental blockade concerning narrative writing, which has slowed the process in the past. I like my TL too much to abandon it. Updates will be coming quicker now, starting with tomorrow.

Chapter 22 New
Many thanks for the feedback, here we go again! Just finished this one:

Chapter 22
Sacrificing the Texas Brigade had saved the right flank of the Army of Northern Virginia at the last minute. While Wright's badly bloodied division was taken from the front line, about 200 mostly wounded Texans in the middle, two of whom were carrying a stretcher with Major General Hood who was unconscious after a head hit by shrapnel, Howe's and Newton's men regrouped to take a well deserved rest afterwards. The Union regiments were disorganized, some of them were running low on ammunition and they urgently needed water before any thought could be given to moving forward again

This respite was all the Confederates needed. Just minutes before noon, Evander M. Law, now acting commander of Hood's Division, could hear marching noises in his rear. It was Longstreet, who, after a heated discussion with A. P. Hill, had prevailed and led the remaining three brigades of Anderson's Division on the double to the site of the greatest threat. From left to right or east to west, Ambrose R. Wright's, William Mahone's and the tiny Florida Brigade under Colonel David Lang took up positions. The line was extended by the remains of the two Georgia Brigades from Hood's Division. Since Tige Anderson had been mortally wounded and his brigade was now commanded by Lieutenant Colonel William Luffman, Henry L. Benning assumed command of the combined units. Law's old brigade under Colonel James L. Sheffield formed a last reserve, shifted a little to the north.

When Sedgwick's Corps' lead columns made contact with the Confederate position again at about 12:30 p.m., they encountered a solid line of greycoats, who greeted them with a sharp volley. For the remainder of the afternoon, after an impromptu conference with his divisional commanders who advised against a renewed frontal attack, John Sedgwick was content to send out a heavy skirmish line and carry out several mock attacks to keep his opponents in place.

Maj. Gen. Richard H. Anderson, CSA.​

Whatever style you think helps you, go for it. I usually prefer textbook-type narratives, but I read yours because it's an interesting timeline and because you channel Gingrich when you write.