BDWI: Why didn't the British and French intervene in the American War of Reunification?

So I'm new here so this is probably a pretty stupid question, why didn't the British and French intervene during the War of Reunification?

I mean they assisted the Confederates during the Great American War so why not intervene in favor of their former ally when the war broke out in 1889?

It's simple- they couldn't. Germany had signed a defensive pact with the Union that neither britain nor france felt like testing.

So I'm new here so this is probably a pretty stupid question, why didn't the British and French intervene during the War of Reunification?

I mean they assisted the Confederates during the Great American War so why not intervene in favor of their former ally when the war broke out in 1889?

Probably because the Southern elites were unable to create a stable state. Each state was doing what it want. Some fire-eaters were saying nonsense as the Confederation should invade or annex San Domingo, Cuba or Haiti.

Slavery was not abolished but enforced. Hundred of people were condemned for smuggling slaves to the North, and Union propaganda was making of each of them a martyr of liberty.

Of course, the bloody reprisals against the Unionists and the few slaves revolts don't help.

Well in 1889, the Confederation had very few friend in the world. Good they went with the trash to the bin of history.

Yeah, as soon as the Southern Confederacy elected radical racist Alexander H. Stephens as their second president, they shot themselves in the foot. They shot themselves in the head with the election of Robert Toombs as their third president. The idiot was responsible for destroying the alliances so carefully created by Judah Benjamin, Robert M.T. Hunter, and Howell Cobb, and all because he wasn't willing to lay out a plan for the end of slavery. Britain and France didn't even ask for enforcement of it yet, all they wanted was a plan! Internal instability probably didn't help either, with all the revolts of parts of their army and populace due to the government trying to entrench slavery even firmer than before. The fact that three of their best generals, "Ironrod" Jackson, James Longstreet, and Pat Cleburne, all led men in these revolts and were subsequently executed probably hurt them even more. And I need not say anything about Toombs' successor, Nathan B. Forrest.

As true as it is that France and Britain were distancing themselves from the south, don't forget their opposition to slavery and the modus operandi of the CSA was always second fiddle to realpolitik, otherwise they wouldn't have funded the Southern Uprising in 1915

I'm confused.
Why are people claiming the British supported southern Confederates? They certainly supported the New England Confederation and can be argued as supporting the Western Confederates but the Southern States were mostly the United States, however remnant they were.
Southern Confederates as I recall were those advocating disbanding the Union.