Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

RPQIU5XIXXVD(I~IY%XDMXS.png

Norsk Stålverk was set up with investment from British firm Vickers and Levinsten Consortium. After World War I, they manufactured what was then the world's largest gun barrel to be fitted on battleship at that time (Hk 21 419mm/45 calibers gun). More than 7,000 workers worked in their main plants across Norway and Vinland to produce army, naval and aviation weapons during World War II for the Nordic Armed Forces and Lend-lease Act.

Last edited:
My Magnus Opus,my headcannon of all the presidents of the United States since 1920 to 2012 in my Kaiserreich Headcannon
View attachment 776843

I feel this list being bit implausible. No that Kaiserreich would be very plausible anyway but there is some problems.

1. I would imaginate that Joseph P. Kennedy is POTUS instead JFK. Another thing of cours is if he is killed on WW2 like in OTL.
2. JFK's assassination would be probably butterflied away.
3. I can't see Reagan's or Bush's presidencies still occuring.

I feel this list being bit implausible. No that Kaiserreich would be very plausible anyway but there is some problems.

1. I would imaginate that Joseph P. Kennedy is POTUS instead JFK. Another thing of cours is if he is killed on WW2 like in OTL.
2. JFK's assassination would be probably butterflied away.
3. I can't see Reagan's or Bush's presidencies still occuring.
Yeah, this is not meant to be realistic in any way shape or form, this is just me basically being "oooh this guy seems like a cool president", also JFK died of natural causes in this TL, but as I've said this is not meant to be realistic in any way shape or form

What if Alberto Fujimori's family had decided to stay in Japan?

1664096319433.png

Kenya Fujimori (born 28 July 1938) is a Japanese politician who served as Prime Minister of Japan from 1989 to 1997, during the height and eventual collapse of the country’s bubble economy.

Fujimori’s political career began with his being elected to the House of Representatives in 1980. Under the patronage of Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, Fujimori established himself as a notable conservative voice within the LDP. In one of the biggest political upsets in Japanese history, he won the 1989 LDP leadership election as a dark horse candidate after Noboru Takeshita's resignation. The first years of Fujimori's tenure saw the continuation of Japan's high economic growth, which enabled Japan to surpass the US as the world's largest economy in terms of GDP in 1993. However, signs of decline began to appear in the following years, leading up to the burst of the Japanese economic bubble in 1997, further exacerbating the Asian financial crisis at that time. What started out as a regional crisis quickly spiralled into a global economic depression, due to the close ties between Japanese corporations and the world economy. Fujimori resigned as Prime Minister in August 1997 amidst Japan's rapidly dwindling economy. In 2000, he was sentenced to 5 years in prison for charges of bribery and corruption during his premiership, making him the first former Prime Minister of Japan to be incarcerated.

Last edited:
What if Alberto Fujimori's family had decided to stay in Japan?

View attachment 776875
Kenya Fujimori (born 28 July 1938) is a Japanese politician who served as Prime Minister of Japan from 1989 to 1997, during the height and eventual collapse of the country’s bubble economy.

Fujimori’s political career began with his being elected to the House of Representatives in 1980. Under the patronage of Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone, Fujimori established himself as a notable conservative voice within the LDP. In one of the biggest political upsets in Japanese history, he won the 1989 LDP leadership election as a dark horse candidate after Noboru Takeshita's resignation. The first years of Fujimori's tenure saw the continuation of Japan's high economic growth, which enabled Japan to surpass the US as the world's largest economy in terms of GDP in 1993. However, signs of decline began to appear in the following years, leading up to the burst of the Japanese economic bubble in 1997, further exacerbating the Asian financial crisis at that time. What started out as a regional crisis quickly spiralled into a global economic depression, due to the close ties between Japanese corporations and the world economy. Fujimori resigned as Prime Minister in August 1997 amidst Japan's rapidly dwindling economy. In 2000, he was sentenced to 5 years in prison for charges of bribery and corruption during his premiership, making him the first former Prime Minister of Japan to be incarcerated.
Ngl that's a cool idea

What if Ronald Reagan was a liberal?

1966.png
D1968.png

R1968.png
1968.png

Beginning the year 1968, the Republican Party had no frontrunner for the nomination, with New York Governor Nelson Rockefeller and former California Governor Richard Nixon facing each other, with 1964 nominee Barry Goldwater also in the race. Nixon had lost considerable ground in the polls following his loss to Ronald Reagan in the 1966 California Gubernatorial Election, while Barry Goldwater had been pressured to enter the race by the conservative faction after the assassination of George Wallace in late 1967. Rockefeller, seeing a lack of a more liberal option, entered the race after those two, quickly gaining ground in the polls and eventually having a slight lead over Nixon in early 1968.

For the Democrats, after President Johnson's withdrawal, the expectation was that Hubert Humphrey would easily win the nomination, facing only token opposition from the left, anti-war wing of the party in the form of Eugene McCarthy. Those expectations were shattered when New York Senator Robert F. Kennedy, the brother of deceased President John F. Kennedy, threw his hat into the ring. Kennedy fought against McCarthy for the anti-war vote, and narrowly won the California primary. Kennedy had just finished giving a speech after winning the California primary and was walking out of the hotel when Palestinian national Sirhan Sirhan fired multiple shots at the Senator. Kennedy was grazed by 2 of the bullets, struck by one, and collapsed to the floor, while Sirhan was subdued. Kennedy was rushed to the hospital and narrowly survived, having to recover for a month. The attempted assassination of RFK brought back memories of JFK in the American public, and Kennedy rode this wave to win most of the remaining primaries.

Entering the conventions, it was still up in the air as to who would win either nomination, with Rockefeller having a slight lead. In the end, Rockefeller had siphoned enough support from Nixon to win on the second ballot, and Humphrey won the Democratic nomination with the help of Johnson and the party establishment. Kennedy gave one of two incredibly notable speeches, the other one being given by Ronald Reagan, calling for party unity and publicly endorsing Humphrey for President. The vice-presidential nominations were much less contentious, with Rockefeller's endorsed pick, Maine Senator Margaret Chase Smith, being picked for the Republicans, and North Carolina Governor Daniel Moore being nominated by the Democrats.

Rockefeller started the general race with a small lead, mostly due to conservative votes going overwhelmingly to Strom Thurmond, who launched an independent campaign after the nomination of Rockefeller. Rockefeller steadily increased his lead, with conservatives switching to his side after Thurmond's assassination. Rockefeller himself would face an assassination attempt, narrowly dodging it after he suddenly stopped to shake hands with an unknown supporter. Humphrey's campaign, meanwhile, went much smoother than Rockefeller's, being energized by endorsements and campaigning from big names such as Robert Kennedy and Ronald Reagan. Rockefeller went into election day with a slight lead, though the majority of states were tossups at the time. The election would be called for Rockefeller at 4:29 a.m. EST, after the states of Texas and Illinois went to him by slim margins. The biggest upset of the night, however, was the fact that Humphrey narrowly won California, due to heavy campaigning from Governor Reagan. This was not enough to push him over the edge however, and Humphrey would deliver his concession speech at 11 a.m. CST.

----------

I'm sorry if this text is too long/ramble-y, but I just really like this idea :)

Part of The Meddling Monk Series

Thomas of Bohemia was the younger brother of the Bohemian King Siegsmund VII and husband of the English Queen Annabelle I. He was born in 1934, the son of King Siegsmund VI. Educated in Prague, Thomas grew up in an atmosphere of fear. Bohemia was surrounded by the Eurasian Christian People’s Coalition, who had annexed her neighbours during the Continuation Wars a decade earlier.

In order to ensure his country’s parliament voted to confirm his brother, following the death of their father in 1950, Thomas served as an officer of the Imperial Diet in Prague. Thomas began a career as a diplomat which saw him posted to Mesopotamia, the United States of Ceylon and finally, England. In 1955, Thomas visited Winchester to attend the Battle of Bosworth anniversary celebrations. He met Princess Annabelle of Wales at a ball orchestrated by the King’s chaplain Peter Butterworth and the two began a long courtship. It ended, in 1962, when the two wed at St. Peter’s Chapel in London. Together they had three daughters: Catherine, Melina, and Louise.

This marriage alliance helped bolster ties between the kingdoms of England and Bohemia, which was seen as a bulwark against Eurasia. As consort of the Queen, he served as patron and member of hundreds of prestigious societies and charitable organisations. A private man, he rarely appeared alongside his wife at royal events or ceremonies. He is perhaps best known for his acerbic wit and foul mouth, which caused frequent scandals. A keen fisherman and horse breeder, he once boasted that ‘despite being a German I breed the best horse and hounds in England.’

Thomas died in 2003, following a decade’s long battle with Alzheimer’s.

Thomas of Bohemia.png

Last edited:
Part of The Meddling Monk Series

Thomas of Bohemia was the younger brother of the Bohemian King Siegsmund VII and husband of the English Queen Annabelle I. He was born in 1934, the son of King Siegsmund VI. Educated in Prague, Thomas grew up in an atmosphere of fear. Bohemia was surrounded by the Eurasian Christian People’s Coalition, who had annexed her neighbours during the Continuation Wars a decade earlier.

In order to ensure his country’s parliament voted to confirm his brother, following the death of their father in 1950, Thomas served as an officer of the Imperial Diet in Prague. Thomas began a career as a diplomat which saw him posted to Mesopotamia, the United States of Ceylon and finally, England. In 1955, Thomas visited Winchester to attend the Battle of Bosworth anniversary celebrations. He met Princess Annabelle of Wales at a ball orchestrated by the King’s chaplain Peter Butterworth and the two began a long courtship. It ended, in 1962, when the two wed at St. Peter’s Chapel in London. Together they had three daughters: Catherine, Melina, and Louise.

This marriage alliance helped bolster ties between the kingdoms of England and Bohemia, which was seen as a bulwark against Eurasia. As consort of the Queen, he served as patron and member of hundreds of prestigious societies and charitable organisations. A private man, he rarely appeared alongside his wife at royal events or ceremonies. He is perhaps best known for his acerbic wit and foul mouth, which caused frequent scandals. A keen fisherman and horse breeder, he once boasted that ‘despite being a German I breed the best horse and hounds in England.’

Thomas died in 2003, following a decade’s long battle with Alzheimer’s.

Several questions relating to this universe:
  1. What happened to the Belgian goverment after the end of the Belgo-Eurasian War?
  2. Who was the Prince Clovis House's namesake?
  3. How was the Capet surname revived?

Several questions relating to this universe:
  1. What happened to the Belgian goverment after the end of the Belgo-Eurasian War?
  2. Who was the Prince Clovis House's namesake?
  3. How was the Capet surname revived?
1. The Belgian government - officially: the United States of the Netherlands - evacuated to London after the Eurasians overran the capital city of Calais. They are today recognised only by England and it’s allies as no one wants to provoke the Eurasian Coalition.
2. Prince Clovis was a member of the Royal family (themselves a cadet branch of the Tudor family) of the Kingdom of Brisbane - an English colony - who fought in the English Army during the War in the Air - a major European war in the 1920s. He died during the Battle of Madrid (there will be an infobox about him later).
3. During the ATL French Revolution the royal family were forced to change their surnames from Valois to Capet, to shame them. The Dauphin chose to bare the surname with pride, as a mark of what he had survived, when he was restored to the throne.

Last edited:
It might look broken on phones, I swear I tried but it just wouldn't take the full pictureView attachment 775985View attachment 775986
All pictures were taken from Wikipedia except for the map, which was made with EU4, the Extended Timeline mod, and the map capture tool (turns out that mods that change province borders are reflected on the map created), before being put in Paint and further edited for accuracy.

The War of 1870 [I'm taking name suggestions] was brief but major war in Europe that took place from 1870 to 1871. It was contested by Spain, Italy, Russia and the German states (which over the course of the war unified into Germany) on one side and France and Austria-Hungary on one side.

The war's origins are steeped in several long running conflicts of the states involved in the war, but its immediate powder keg started when the Spanish crown was offered to Leopold, Prince of Hohenzollern, a distant, Catholic relative of the then-King of Prussia, Wilhelm I. Leopold, pressured by Prussian Minister-President Otto von Bismarck, accepted the crown and was proclaimed King Leopold I of Spain on June 30, 1870. This immediately sent the French into a furor and, engaging in his typical manner of blunt, brusque, and heavy-handed foreign policy, Napoleon III threatened war if Leopold did not renounce the Spanish throne. As Leopold was already on the throne, Spain and Prussia both rejected this, and rather than risk losing face, France declared war on both countries. The South German states had defensive treaties with Prussia and joined the war on their side, as did the Prussia-dominated North German Confederation.

The two-front war posed a problem for France; Prussian organization meant that, despite earlier French mobilization, Prussia would bear more troops more quickly, while France had to divide itself in order to defend the Pyrenees. Knowing he could not spare any troops, Napoleon III recalled his garrison in Rome at the beginning of the war, whose purpose had previously been to ensure that his erstwhile Italian allies did not invade the Papal States, but, in an attempt to preserve papal sovereignty, sent an ultimatum that any state that invaded the Papal States would be at war with France. This ultimatum caused great public furor in Italy, where protests essentially demanded the government invade Latium and seize Rome. Victor Emanuel II called the French's bluff, figuring they wouldn't open a third front when already facing two, and invaded the Papal States in August. Napoleon III, once again cornered, declared war on Italy, opening a third front to his war.

Napoleon's declaration of war on Italy had massive repercussions. Increasingly fearful of the prospect of a Prussian victory in the war, having bad blood with both them and Italy, and emboldened by his defeat of a push for a more liberal reorganization of the Austrian state in 1867, Emperor Franz Josef declared war on the German states, Italy, and Spain, claiming they intended to dismember France and upset the European balance of power. This, in turn, activated the provisions of a reinsurance treaty between Prussia and Russia, who due their hatred of both Austria and Napoleon III were eager to enter the war. This turn of events seriously alarmed the British, who considered entering the war with France and Austria, but Bismarck's assurances that Belgian and Dutch neutrality would be respected and Prussia inflicting serious military defeats on France dampened Britain's motives and capacity to enter the war, and so they remained neutral.

Through Prussia and Italy were somewhat hampered by facing multiple fronts, for France and Austria these problems were far worse; the two states were not able to properly resist militarily; Austria had fallen and France asked for an armistice by March of 1871. The military victories against France and the heavy-handed attitudes of Napoleon III's foreign ministry inspired a great increase in German nationalism, which the Austrian declaration of war hardly dampened. This inspired the German states to proclaim the Empire of Germany in January 1871, with Prussian King Wilhelm I as Emperor of Germany.

Following the end of hostilities, negotiations were held in Frankfurt, resulting in the Treaties of Frankfurt, Offenbach, and Nice. The first dealt with France and its cessions to Spain, Germany, and Russia. It was forced to hand the territories of Alsace-Lorraine to Germany and Rosellón and Oran to Spain, as well as recognize Morocco as being within Spain's sphere of influence and handing the title of protector of Christians in the Ottoman Empire back to Russia, as well as paying an indemnity to all three countries.

The Treaty of Offenbach dealt with Austria and its cessions to Germany, Spain, and Russia. Galicia, Lodomeria, and Bukovina were handed over to Russia, while Bohemia was annexed into the German Empire. Austria was demoted to an archduchy, and while not directly annexed into Germany proper, Archduke Rudolf of Austria (Franz Josef, humiliated by the loss, abdicated the throne in favor of his son) maintained the title of King of Bohemia in addition to being Archduke of Austria and Margrave of Moravia [I'm making this up, I'm not sure what exactly is the title for Moravia]. In his capacity as King of Bohemia (which was also his highest title), he was subservient to Wilhelm I, essentially vassalizing Austria (with the expectation that it would be, alongside Moravia, eventually annexed into Germany proper). The rest of the lands not awarded to Italy by the Treaty of Nice were given to the new and restored Kingdom of Hungary, which would be a client state of Germany, Russia, and Italy.

The Treaty of Nice was concerned Italy and its gains. Italy annexed the Papal States; France returned Savoy and Nice to Italy and ceded Corsica as well, along with a recognition of Italian claims over Tunisia and an indemnity; and Austria granted Italy Trentino, Istria, the Austrian Littoral, Carniola, and Dalmatia (Carinthia and Styria remained a part of Austria and was eventually annexed into Germany).

The war would have significant repercussions and it is generally heralded as the end of the Concert of Europe. The grievances brought about by this war shaped the future alliance blocs of late 19th century Europe, along with the completion of the unifications of Germany and Italy. It stabilized Spain and halted its decline, while expanding Russian power. The emergence of a new Hungarian state was also an important development, and the Austrian collapse changed the Balkan landscape to one where Russia, the Ottomans, Germany, and Italy all had active interests. There were also important political developments; Napoleon III was overthrown in the course of the war, with the French Third Republic established. The republic lasted even less time than the Second and the election of 1871 saw a monarchist-majority Parliament elected, which soon restored the monarchy under Philip VII. Meanwhile, in an ironic twist of fate, Bismarck, the man who had essentially orchestrated the entire war, was forced to resign in its aftermath, as the treaties that resulted in the aftermath of the war, in particular the Treaty of Offenbach, were entirely antithetical to his foreign policy goals, leaving a unified Germany to chart a new course. These fault lines remained until they exploded in the beginning of the First World War.
How about the War of the Six Monarchs?
Or War of the Four Emperors