After the ottoman conquest of the Balkans, there were many groups of local converts to Islam, as you can see with Albania and Bosnia now. But, apart from these regions, there were surprisingly (at a modern vision) sizable communities of local muslim converts throghout the Balkans, Bulgaria was around 50% muslim before independence if you count in Dobruja (that was actually 70% muslim) and without it 40% muslim, Macedonia and Epirus-Thessaly were 1/3 muslim and before the ottomans were expelled, the Peloponnese was 1/4 muslim and Crete was nearly reaching a 50% muslim population.

With this in mind, i don't want to push it much, somehow (although i have some ideas for PoDs that i will actually share) during some period of the ottoman rule, the population of the Balkans converts considerably towards Islam, sufficiently to get 60-70% majorities, and it consolidates that way, you have the muslims being majority but at the same time, the christian population is significant enough to not be simply considered as a "mere minority".

For this, i can think in some PoDs:
● Simply cancelling the Millet System, established by Mehmed I apparently with the objective of consolidating existant religions to avoid popular new-religions-driven uprising (which actually happened during his reign). The PoD is simple, he crushes the revolt as OTL but stops by that, not creating the Millet System and avoiding future consolidation of the Orthodox Apparatus during Ottoman Rule, while at least i think isn't going to cause significant butterflies until at least the Fall of Constantinople (when the system was further consolidated by the establishment of the Patriarch of Constantinople as the leader of the ortodox christians in the empire).
● Surprisingly enough, major revolts, because, well, supressed revolts are always followed by a backlash, as example, the process that kickstarted Albania's islamization was the revolting and unloyal nature of the region's population, which resulted in the ottomans simply force-converting the most-troubled regions and actively supporting Dervish activity in the region. The (or at least some) other parts of the Balkans have to prove as rebellious and troublesome for the ottomans decide that supporting conversion is actually a good idea for stability. How to make these rebellions happen is what troubles me.
● A somewhat late PoD, managing to continue the Köprulu Era successfully, maybe a victory at Vienna or no attack on the city at all. With a continuing Köprulu Era you can continue for longer the conversions that happened during the period (Albania's islamization was finished then IIRC, and Cretan Muslims just were a thing because of the Köprulu) and because the Köprulu were actually supporters of conversions in the Balkans (they made some forced ones by themselves IINM), continuing the Köprulu Era can solve the problem, although i don't quite know the conversion situation at Mainland Greece during the time (so it might be a problem if it not followed the patterns of Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Crete and Serbia).

After all that explained, any thoughts on that or other possible PoDs? And yeah, the main question, what are the effects of that in Ottoman and european history? Any butterflies (i'm not going further into this because IMO this post is already way too long, so...) that might result from that?

● Simply cancelling the Millet System, established by Mehmed I apparently with the objective of consolidating existant religions to avoid popular new-religions-driven uprising (which actually happened during his reign). The PoD is simple, he crushes the revolt as OTL but stops by that, not creating the Millet System and avoiding future consolidation of the Orthodox Apparatus during Ottoman Rule, while at least i think isn't going to cause significant butterflies until at least the Fall of Constantinople (when the system was further consolidated by the establishment of the Patriarch of Constantinople as the leader of the ortodox christians in the empire).
● Surprisingly enough, major revolts, because, well, supressed revolts are always followed by a backlash, as example, the process that kickstarted Albania's islamization was the revolting and unloyal nature of the region's population, which resulted in the ottomans simply force-converting the most-troubled regions and actively supporting Dervish activity in the region. The (or at least some) other parts of the Balkans have to prove as rebellious and troublesome for the ottomans decide that supporting conversion is actually a good idea for stability. How to make these rebellions happen is what troubles me.
I think those two could work in tandem/synchrony, as not Millet and more revolts make ottomans pushing islamization a lot and convice Nazareans to move other part of europe/new world.

● A somewhat late PoD, managing to continue the Köprulu Era successfully, maybe a victory at Vienna or no attack on the city at all. With a continuing Köprulu Era you can continue for longer the conversions that happened during the period (Albania's islamization was finished then IIRC, and Cretan Muslims just were a thing because of the Köprulu) and because the Köprulu were actually supporters of conversions in the Balkans (they made some forced ones by themselves IINM), continuing the Köprulu Era can solve the problem, although i don't quite know the conversion situation at Mainland Greece during the time (so it might be a problem if it not followed the patterns of Bulgaria, Macedonia, Albania, Crete and Serbia).
This one could work well, again tandem the two previous one

Maybe the European powers don’t back a Greek war of independence? Maybe they even colonize the place like how Corfu was a British protectorate.

If the Ottomans retain the balkans and industrialize the european portions of the empire, it might attract a great many immigrants from other parts of the empire that were muslim-majority.

I think those two could work in tandem/synchrony, as not Millet and more revolts make ottomans pushing islamization a lot and convice Nazareans to move other part of europe/new world.
Thinking about that, it may be correlated, without the Millet System the orthodox christians might be more prone to revolts, as even IOTL you had a revolt here and there, with the majority of them being led by the clergy (what tells a lot about the influence of the Millet System). So i think it might work, although i'm not looking into creating a christian emigration from the Balkans (not that it would be in some way easy to do that because of the distances and infrastructure and such).
This one could work well, again tandem the two previous one
Yeah, although it wouldn't be possible to coordinate that with the other two, since by then the Millet System is already way too established and more revolts although possible might even make the process less smooth.
Maybe the European powers don’t back a Greek war of independence? Maybe they even colonize the place like how Corfu was a British protectorate.
Well, it depends, i can see some sort of greek nationalism (more religiously neutral by that) forming if the ottomans go as bad as they went IOTL in the Late Period, but by then butterflies from (well, let's take the third option for a PoD) the Köprulu Era continuing probably would change Russia's position drastically, and this changes everything, look, muslim or non-muslim, any large-scale greek revolt will get a lot of foreign support because of the hellenophilia, and IOTL the Brits and French initially didn't support the revolt because of fear of russian influence, if ITTL they are in a position to intervene and the russians don't have the insane power-projection from OTL, you could see considerable help (even if they don't enter the war) at least from the british. But hey, IMO, in that situation a Greek Revolution would probably be more successful than IOTL, and it might just throw the Ottoman Empire into chaos.
If the Ottomans retain the balkans and industrialize the european portions of the empire, it might attract a great many immigrants from other parts of the empire that were muslim-majority.
I think so, the thing is, i think it's not sufficient to get the 60-70% majority (although certainly sufficient to get a majority) and by the time the ottomans can industrialize, sectarianism in the Balkans might be even fueled because of these immigrants, as if the turks are trying to overcontrol the "poor christians", backfiring horribly.

Thinking about that, it may be correlated, without the Millet System the orthodox christians might be more prone to revolts, as even IOTL you had a revolt here and there, with the majority of them being led by the clergy (what tells a lot about the influence of the Millet System). So i think it might work
Yeah for me those two ideas work in tandem and feedback the others, so those could be the basis for a TL