AHC: Wank your birthplace

as specified -> city/town/village, in general, the settlement you were born in.

It's Mexico City, São Paulo has $140 billion in nominal GDP, while Mexico City enjoys $266 billion, what's a quite shaming disparity, since Mexico City has 9 million people (compared to São Paulo's 12 million) and its metro area has 21 million people (compared to São Paulo's 22 million), Brazil being Brazil i guess, but still, São Paulo is the biggest city-economy of the Southern Hemisphere.
I live in Moscow and despite all Russia's demographic problems and disasters of 20th century it's grossly overpopulated as it's the only city in the country where life sucks not as much and so everybody are trying to move here and they never leave afterwards, there's like 15 million people or maybe more, no way of knowing for sure as many people live without any registration or they live formally in the Oblast but really in the city, and the whole place is practically one giant construction site, Idk how to 'wank' that, make it even bigger or what

Last edited:
Have Eindhoven not have some massive bad luck in the late 15th century to mid 17th century. Sacked, burned, occupied multiple times because the Habsburgs were being the Habsburgs. If its walls are not removed by the Spanish it could easily become an important fortress city in the southern part of the Dutch Republic, blocking the way to Den Bosch. Combine that with an earlier interest in putting factories in the city and it could probably have a larger population today, even if it is a relatively important city in the Netherlands, perhaps even becoming the technological centre of continental Europe

My City of San El-Hagar or Tanis in Egypt specifically EL-Sharqiyya Governorate here the Nile River branch that was passing through it does not dry out and the ancient lake does not dry out. Also, the city remains somewhat the center of my governorate and turns into a major tourist city in Egypt because it was one of the capitals of ancient Egypt and is still there to Now the ruins and remains of an ancient Egyptian temple in it, and also the increase in the number of museums in it. Well, a museum is being built now, but well, you understand my point.

Lima won't get much bigger in any scenario, really. Being the capital of a unitary medium-size South American state is about as good as it gets, the only thing you can do is make it richer. So without further ado:

*insert Inca wank here*

OTL Lima and its port of Callao grew to be the primary port of Tawantinsuyu due to its (relatively) direct road to Cuzco compared to all other options as well as the quality of its deepwater port. {Not}Lima was the first major coastal settlement established by the Tawantinsuyu as they emerged from their internal problems caused by the spread of European plagues and would continue to be the most important port of the Empire until its conquest of Buenos Aires in {17XX}. Buenos Aires served as the key import/export hub of the empire due to being downriver from the Andes and closest to Europe of all ports in Tawantinsuyu, but by this point, Lima had more than enough inertia, economic clout, and prestige behind it to continue to be the 2nd most important city in Tawantinsuyu as well as the largest. Nowadays Lima is the financial capital of Tawantinsuyu, while Cuzco remains the administrative center and Buenos Aires is the industrial center of the state

I live in Moscow and despite all Russia's demographic problems and disasters of 20th century it's grossly overpopulated as it's the only city in the country where life sucks not as much and so everybody are trying to move here and they never leave afterwards, there's like 15 million people or maybe more, no way of knowing for sure as many people live without any registration or they live formally in the Oblast but really in the city, and the whole place is practically one giant construction site, Idk how to 'wank' that, make it even bigger or what
Well, in this case in particular, increasing its size would not actually count as wanking Moscow, but rather increasing its standard of living.
Lima won't get much bigger in any scenario, really. Being the capital of a unitary medium-size South American state is about as good as it gets, the only thing you can do is make it richer. So without further ado:

*insert Inca wank here*

OTL Lima and its port of Callao grew to be the primary port of Tawantinsuyu due to its (relatively) direct road to Cuzco compared to all other options as well as the quality of its deepwater port. {Not}Lima was the first major coastal settlement established by the Tawantinsuyu as they emerged from their internal problems caused by the spread of European plagues and would continue to be the most important port of the Empire until its conquest of Buenos Aires in {17XX}. Buenos Aires served as the key import/export hub of the empire due to being downriver from the Andes and closest to Europe of all ports in Tawantinsuyu, but by this point, Lima had more than enough inertia, economic clout, and prestige behind it to continue to be the 2nd most important city in Tawantinsuyu as well as the largest. Nowadays Lima is the financial capital of Tawantinsuyu, while Cuzco remains the administrative center and Buenos Aires is the industrial center of the state
I'd gladly add that nearby OTL Lima there was the coastal native town of Pachakamaq, that was very religiously notorious due to its claim to be the "Gate of the World", what would actually make an incredible nickname for the main port city of a mountain empire.

A combination of political pressure and different surveying gets the North Carolina Railroad built through the University of North Carolina and the town of Chapel Hill (at least, at the foot of the hill around today's Estes Drive) rather than past Mr. Durham's plantation as iOTL. Fifteen years later at the end of the Civil War, a miscommunication or accident causes the state capital of Raleigh to get burnt around Sherman's army rather than surviving as iOTL.

Afterwards, the state legislature temporarily meets in the University buildings down the road... and then there's some problem in rebuilding the capitol building in Raleigh, they get used to their temporary quarters, and the state capital stays in Chapel Hill along with the university. The land-grant college in Raleigh that later became NC State never gets founded; instead, the money goes to expand the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill. Meanwhile, the tobacco boom goes to Chapel Hill as well (instead of Durham as iOTL) since the railroad is through there. Trinity College (later Duke University iOTL) moves to Chapel Hill as well, since Durham never exists without the railroad through it.

By the twenty-first century, the city of Chapel Hill, still the North Carolina state capital, by far outstrips the small town of Raleigh. It isn't quite the equal of Charlotte in population, but it's the cultural hub of North Carolina, and UNC (the "-Chapel Hill" suffix is superfluous ITTL) is universally acclaimed as the best state university in the South.

but rather increasing its standard of living
So basically a Russia wank? Well I think that's been done already(and considering how MUCH of a Russia-screw OTL was for the last century practically ANY atl involving Russia would've been a Russia-wank in comparison, except for Axis victory scenario)

*insert Inca wank here*

i no kidding though of an alt scenario what if lima or more accurately the port of Callao and its surroundings became like a hong kong that the spanish failed to conquer the entire inca empire but took major cities as ports

Last edited:
Saskatoon sk, Canada starting as a Liqour dry community becomes a prominent trading post in the fur trade with the quick travel time of the river aiding the speed of trade from the rocky mountains in southern alberta. This soon began to encompass more than just the fur trade as grain timber and metal ores began to take the fast route through the praires to what soon became the central hub for the praire provinces based in nearly the center of the 3. Though Nipiwan was for a while thought to outbase Saskatoon due to its position downriver of the convergence of the south and north Saskatchewan rivers, and that it was the central route of river travel down to the lakes of manitoba and the hub of Winnipeg. Saskatoon was soon named to the Capital of the province Saskatchewan. Due to the growth of the city and the ever increasing trade and goods that went through the city and that it acted as a unifying city in the praires, Saskatoon was named Capital of a unified Province of Buffalo which encompassed Alberta Saskatchewan Manitoba in 1981. However as the City unified western Canada together it acted as a dividing force for Canada. To the point where the Premier of Saskatchewan was first the second most powerful/influential politician in Canada behind only the Prime Minister. Before it became official during the crisis of the 2010s, when Premier of Saskatchewan was named Prime Minister of the Praires and then Prime Minister of Western Canada encompassing all territories and west of Ontario. Saskatoon at this point was named Capital of Western Canada and was the heart of the West. Its population was around 6 million and its Economy rivaled that of any of the major cities in the east like montreal or Ottawa.

I'd gladly add that nearby OTL Lima there was the coastal native town of Pachakamaq, that was very religiously notorious due to its claim to be the "Gate of the World", what would actually make an incredible nickname for the main port city of a mountain empire.
I like it! Though that depends. If the Sapa Inca doesn't catch on to the fact that Pachacamac, in particular, revolted against the Inca, all's fine. Otherwise? They might keep the mythos, maybe the name, but the people there...oof. Andean civilization's social norms are rough for rebellion, especially for the Inca who specialize in to be blunt, cultural genocide through deportation. That religion won't be present there for very long if it's discovered and the Inca have the means and will for it

On the topic of how that site selection would actually turn out for a principal port, it'd depend heavily on who's in charge of that decision. Is it a northern-focused Sapa Inca that's favorable to Quito like Huayna Capac? Someone who's trying to reunite the nation after a civil war between north and south like Atahualpa? Ninan Cuyochi is a wild card we know not much of. Or is it someone like Huascar whose rise to power was backed by the Cuzco nobility and might decide for a very Cuzco-centric choice of principal port of the nation that disregards the center and north of the country. Or alternatively, it could be a Sapa Inca down the line that conquers Lima from the Spanish anywhere from a couple of years to centuries later that decides to use existing infrastructure as a chief port. For my money, Atahualpa's the most likely candidate to choose the Lima coastal strip/Pachakamaq as a reconciliation choice that bridges the northern and southern Andes.

Have Eindhoven not have some massive bad luck in the late 15th century to mid 17th century. Sacked, burned, occupied multiple times because the Habsburgs were being the Habsburgs. If its walls are not removed by the Spanish it could easily become an important fortress city in the southern part of the Dutch Republic, blocking the way to Den Bosch. Combine that with an earlier interest in putting factories in the city and it could probably have a larger population today, even if it is a relatively important city in the Netherlands, perhaps even becoming the technological centre of continental Europe
Becoming a Fortress Town isn't everything, just look at Breda, Den Bosch ('s Hertogenbosch) or Bergen op Zoom. My own Brabantian town could have profited from already becoming a town in medieval times and not just a 'vrijheid' ('freedom' had limited town rights, not full town rights) and the full grant of Louis Napoleon.
As for Oosterhout, that's simple not missing the meeting for the railroad through Brabant, which eventually granted it to Gilze and Rijen....

Last edited:
I'm from the Upper Rhine in Germany, I could imagine that a Germany forming around a strong kingdom based on the Rhine could easily have its capital in my general region. So maybe a TL where the Franks aren't as initially successful but in exchange build a lasting kingdom in the area of Northern France, Benelux, Germany.

Otherwise, my hometown is already quite wanked being the capital of the richest state of Germany and itself one of the richest cities in Germany.

I'm just gonna use an late POD so to make my city still look and act like in OTL mostly.

July plot works and the USAF and Royal Air Force don't blow Brunswick to Kingdom come during October, so around 1000+ people would have been saved as well as the 90% of medieval buildings that have been made into hellfire. 35% of the residential buildings were destroyed. 50% of the industry and 60% of buildings of cultural interest were destroyed.
90% of the old city was destroyed, with Brunswick as a whole being 42% destroyed.
Thus making us one of the heaviest attacked city, but thank God with very few deaths compared to the destruction.

So, Brunswick is whole and still looks good, that's part 1. Part 2 is preventing the inner German border. I know I have said this countless times, but Zhukov and co proposals for a united Germany (With surrendering a year earlier, Germany would be independent in 1947). The thing is that a big amount of our economy came East before the split. Thus crippling a large amount of our economy and potential work force from surrounding cities. The only near city being bigger now being Hannover. A city which always had a distaste against us, thus often working against us. That brings me to part 3, during occupation there were proposals supported by politicians from Oldenburg and Brunswick to split what would have become Lower Saxony into Weser-Ems (Oldenburg), Lower Saxony (Hannover or maybe Engern) and Eastphalia (Brunswick), thus becoming 3 equal sized and populated states.

With Brunswick now being less destroyed, not cut off from the east and not being second fiddle to Hannover, I could see Brunswick growing bigger and becoming more important than in OTL. Maybe the Oker Valley would have survived and we would be a big computer producer in Germany with an international airport.
A Brunswick of maybe 320.000 thousand people. Combine that with my threat about Germany having a 30% pop increase since the 70s like France and the Scandis and we could have seen a Brunswick of maybe 500.000 even...

Truly we have been cucked from our potential if I might say so myself as a proud Brunswicker.

There were also plans to split the Prussian province of Saxony between Saxony and either Brandenburg or a Weflish state. If we combine that with our Eastphalian state idea, then we could have also have Northern Saxony Anhalt with Magdeburg being part of this state, thus making Brunswick's control ever bigger....

Oh what could have been...
But honestly, I would rather choose for our Low German dialect to still be alive and prosper instead of having a 500.000 Brunswick...
But maybe this is just me being a Low German lover.

But a 500.000 Brunswick with an active Low German community would be a blessing.
Sorry for the rant.

1653046417586.png

Here how mega Eastphalia would have looked like.

Since I have dual loyalties:

My birthplace (Caracas, Venezuela 🇻🇪): In 1641, the San Bernabé earthquake destroyed the little town and prompted a costly reconstruction — which would prove pointless, since the city would be destroyed again in the 1812 earthquake. However, ITTL clever minds decide to rebuild it a little more to the west — roughly around today's El Recreo parish, which is in the geographical center of the city.

With such an early POD, everything could have changed — but let's assume things follow roughly the same path. But ITTL, the city survives the 1812 earthquake with its infrastructure largely intact. As a result, the city's growth is healthier and attracts more migration from the rest of the country early on — reaching 300k inhabitants by 1900 and gaining some popularity as a gorgeous destination. Guzmán Blanco's investments in the city's renovation with a French touch certainly don't hurt, either.

Enter the oil industry and Juan Vicente Gómez. ITTL, Gómez decides that he actually likes the city. He uses most of the country's budget to invest heavily in the city during his rule. By 1936, it has more than 600k citizens and gets 70% of the national investments in infrastructure. The growth becomes unstoppable in the following decades, though — fueled by European and rural migrants. In the meantime, the Plan Rotival is followed through and increased oil revenue in the afternath of World War II allows for the construction of highways and public housing. And in 1948, the OAS is founded in the city — attracting more positive press to it.

By 1961, the Federal District — which includes its OTL territory and the eastern areas of the valley — has a population of 3 million. The traffic issues facing a city with such a fast growth are key factors behind the construction of the Caracas metro system — which is inaugurated in 1963. The metro currently has six lines, four airways and land connections to the international airport in the coast, as well as to several commuter towns within the metropolitan area.

Assuming Venezuela is able to keep its 1970s prosperity up to this day, it is likely the city (metro pop. 7.7 million) remains a major tourist destination and an important financial hub in Latin America. It is also worth noting that a lot of this growth would probably come at the expense of Maracay and Valencia, thus freeing up lots of fertile land that used to produce high quality coffee. If IOTL Venezuela produced as much coffee as Colombia by 2000, I would expect it to surpass it ITTL — which could have done wonders for the country at a time of low oil prices.

My current home (Puebla, Mexico 🇲🇽): In 1824, Tlaxcala is not separated from the state of Puebla. Later on, the city benefits from May 5th becoming a national holiday in Mexico, the construction of a light-rail metro system in the 1990s — as well as a Mexico City-Puebla passenger railway —, creation of the FTAA/ALCA in the 2000s with its offices in Puebla, the expansion of the airport, and the Meritorious University of Puebla (BUAP) — my alma mater — becoming an even greater university than it is today with policies more welcoming towards foreign students and faculty.

Another key factor is industrialization. Several key factories in Mexico are located here in Puebla, including the Volkswagen one that is the biggest outside of Germany. But if the city took some more — mainly from places such as Guadalajara, Guanajuato, Queretaro and the metropolitan area of Mexico City — it could have secured very important sources of income to expand its infrastructure.

Finally, better urban management could help. The city has some issues with public parking that certainly makes it difficult for people to come with their cars — a necessity in a city this big. More buses and less combis transportating people in the Cholulas and Cuatlancingo to Puebla would make a lot of people's lifes better — as well as more creative routes such as a direct one from Cholula to the Universitary Cultural Complex, which I desperately need.

As a result of all this, Puebla becomes Mexico's second most populated metropolitan area (metro pop. 5-5.5 million) and is an even more mandatory place to visit for tourists.

People could actually associate the euphemism "Sweet F.A" with my birthplace?

It is otherwise an unremarkable market town in the middle of nowhere.