AHC; President Ann Richards

If we go with Richards in 1996, who are her primary opponents? Who is her running mate? And who are they running against in the general?

At least for her running mate, I'd say either Dick Gephardt or John Kerry, leaning towards the latter. Gephardt is a Congressional wheeler-and-dealer who could play a Biden-esque role on the ticket and help with organized labor, especially if trade is a divisive issue in the primary. Kerry is a liberal Northeastern Catholic war hero, so essentially perfect as a running mate for a Southern moderate without a ton of foreign policy experience.

If we go with Richards in 1996, who are her primary opponents? Who is her running mate? And who are they running against in the general?

At least for her running mate, I'd say either Dick Gephardt or John Kerry, leaning towards the latter. Gephardt is a Congressional wheeler-and-dealer who could play a Biden-esque role on the ticket and help with organized labor, especially if trade is a divisive issue in the primary. Kerry is a liberal Northeastern Catholic war hero, so essentially perfect as a running mate for a Southern moderate without a ton of foreign policy experience.

I think that a good running mate for her would be someone like Bill Bradley, tbh