AHC: Afroasiatic instead of Bantu migration in Central and Southern Africa

And actually it seems they have moved south in Tanzania as recently as 1300 BCE, so what would stop them from going on?

They were neolithic pastoralists, while the Bantu had West African farming practices and used iron tools. Outside of the lands not suited for farming, they were assimilated.

The Chalbi Desert and the Sudd impeded movement southward, while there wasn't as much of a boundary between West and Central Africa. Maybe some sort of conquest or other disaster in Ethiopia or Nubia could cause a migration away and, if they cross the natural boundaries present, reach the East African Highlands that were suited for the crops grown in Ethiopia?

Yes it was located in the horn of africa and inhabited by the proto somalis.
I don't believe it was a kingdom or a political entity, more a general territory.

They were neolithic pastoralists, while the Bantu had West African farming practices and used iron tools. Outside of the lands not suited for farming, they were assimilated.

The Chalbi Desert and the Sudd impeded movement southward, while there wasn't as much of a boundary between West and Central Africa. Maybe some sort of conquest or other disaster in Ethiopia or Nubia could cause a migration away and, if they cross the natural boundaries present,
I don't think iron played a role in the early Bantu expansion, also I'm not sure that the Cushites did not have Iron by the time the Bantus in the region had it as well.
I think the farming differences are more important.

The Sudd is not south to the horn of Africa, so I'm not sure why it would impede migration and they did apparently bypass the Chalbi desert anyway and reached Northern Tanzania.

reach the East African Highlands that were suited for the crops grown in Ethiopia?
Is that the case? What kind of crops are we talking about? I agree that having a important non-pastoral component would help.

I don't believe it was a kingdom or a political entity, more a general territory.

I don't think iron played a role in the early Bantu expansion, also I'm not sure that the Cushites did not have Iron by the time the Bantus in the region had it as well.
I think the farming differences are more important.

The Sudd is not south to the horn of Africa, so I'm not sure why it would impede migration and they did apparently bypass the Chalbi desert anyway and reached Northern Tanzania.

Is that the case? What kind of crops are we talking about? I agree that having a important non-pastoral component would help.
the darn place has a queen! ofc it's a monarchy