A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France

Pastons. Damn auto correct...
Ahaha, don't worry, it happens to the best of us! Also, which Pastons do you refer to?
It can become a tad annoying, can't it?
Indeed.
This is reminding me of the amount of times I've gone into add someone on the family tree and accidentally matched them up to the wrong Edward/Mary/Elizabeth/James, this is why we have to shove some Cecilys and Williams et all in.
Name variety is always tricky; when you have seven children and all of them want to name their eldest child after dearest mama, suddenly you've got five Marys and infinite Jameses(as I have in the timeline I'm currently doing...)

Reread Chapter 48 before reading the new one.
Saw that Lady Darce says the birth was hard on Mary. Am suddenly wondering if Queen Mary will die giving Henry his son. Kind of really want that now.
Yes, she’ll finally have a son but she also won’t be around to celebrate it.

Saw that Lady Darce says the birth was hard on Mary. Am suddenly wondering if Queen Mary will die giving Henry his son. Kind of really want that now.
FalconHonour has stated that Mary's going to be queen for six years(I think? Might have to go further back in the thread to check) so she's not dying on this birth, and not on any births for another six years, at least...

Name variety is always tricky; when you have seven children and all of them want to name their eldest child after dearest mama, suddenly you've got five Marys and infinite Jameses(as I have in the timeline I'm currently doing...)
I'd just like to say Jews are a lot more sensible with naming conventions: we only name people after the dead and it's considered taboo to name someone after a living relative. No John Smith the Tenth in Jewish families, thank you very much.

I'd just like to say Jews are a lot more sensible with naming conventions: we only name people after the dead and it's considered taboo to name someone after a living relative. No John Smith the Tenth in Jewish families, thank you very much.
I haven't quite reached "the Tenth" yet, but I'd say "the Eighth" is a close thing...and to say nothing of the actual Bourbons and their Louis the Eighteenth or something...

Ahaha, don't worry, it happens to the best of us! Also, which Pastons do you refer to?

Indeed.

The Paston Family of Norfolk. The Paston Letters are some of the best sources we have for the Wars of the Roses.

Indeed.

That sounds like a Scottish TL, am I right?
FalconHonour has stated that Mary's going to be queen for six years(I think? Might have to go further back in the thread to check) so she's not dying on this birth, and not on any births for another six years, at least...
Second births are often easier and quicker than first ones, I'm told.. And yes. The exact length of Mary's reign as Henry's Queen is still a little up in the air, but I do know we're not getting rid of her for a while...

That sounds like a Scottish TL, am I right?

Second births are often easier and quicker than first ones, I'm told.. And yes. The exact length of Mary's reign as Henry's Queen is still a little up in the air, but I do know we're not getting rid of her for a while...
Yes, it is a Scottish TL. Because the Stewarts had an unfortunate habit of naming their eldest sons James, always, and I had to continue the trend...
That depends on who you ask ;) And when you ask them.
Honestly, I don't believe there's a person in this thread who wants Mary Talbot to be queen longer than she has to be...

Yes, it is a Scottish TL. Because the Stewarts had an unfortunate habit of naming their eldest sons James, always, and I had to continue the trend...

Honestly, I don't believe there's a person in this thread who wants Mary Talbot to be queen longer than she has to be...
Henry wouldn't mind, as long as she gave him a boy to be Prince of Wales...

And have you got a link?

You think that's bad? THOMAS CULPEPPER'S BROTHER HAS THE SAME GODDAMN NAME! Try looking up historical sources on one and not find the other. Just try it. It's not fun.

What??? In what world does that seem like a good idea?

The Pastors are the same. I can only assume that the elder sibling was sickly and thought likely to die when the younger was named...
Same with the Petit Dauphin's sons. All three Louis!

What??? In what world does that seem like a good idea?
Go to a old church that has medieval gravestones, lots of sons and daughters that died in infancy with the same boy/girl name. Gets even worse when the entire family clan is naming after the patriarch/matriarch, multiple cousins/uncles/aunts, all with the same name, all with siblings with the same name. Made tracing the family tree fun to say the least.

The exact length of Mary's reign as Henry's Queen is still a little up in the air, but I do know we're not getting rid of her for a while...
Well, well lets hope she doesn't have half of the English nobles up in arms against herself and Henry ( what with her horrendous temperament and all ) if a Prince of Wales doesn't come soon enough........ well then who knows ?

Enjoying this thread, great going FalconHonour. The way you intertwine personal and domestic life with the factual narrative is simply brilliant

The House of Reuss remain champions of this game, though.
Tried to research them once. Gave up after 15 minutes after finding the twenty-something Heinrich.

Did they call the kids by their numeral? Were there middle names that just aren't listed anywhere in any records? Why did the women marrying into this family agree to this ridiculous tradition? I need to know.