2020 AHFA World Cup Worldbuilding Thread

Uebeltank

Donor
Some smaller changes. Added Lübeck, added Transylvania and Banat to key, added Jewish autonomous area with Khemet. Key will need to be corrected with right font.
ahfa.png

I'm going to start the writeup today or tomorrow (hopefully) in the previouls posted google document. It'll be pretty barebones. Then I think this'll be ready for posting.

Uebeltank

Donor
Amount of national teams per continental confederation. Number for Europe depends on whether there is a common German team.
ahfa.png

Uebeltank

Donor
Spots in the tournament (OTL)
Host 1 (1)
AHFA Asia 7 (5.5)
AHFA Africa 6 (5)
AHFA North America 5 (3.5)
AHFA South America 5 (4.5)
AHFA Europe 13 (13)
AHFA Oceania 2 (0.5)

Format for qualification
AFC: Teams are divided into 6 groups of 5-6 teams with the top 2 from each group advancing. In the second round, teams are divided into 2 groups of 6, with the top 3 in each group qualifying. The two teams placed 4th plays in the 3rd round for a playoff spot.
CAF: The 40 teams are reduced to 24 in playoffs where the top 8 teams get byes. Teams are divided into 6 groups of 4 in the second round where the group winners qualify. The two best 2nd place teams qualifies for the international playoffs.
CONCACAF: The first three rounds are playoffs which reduce the amount of teams to 8. Top 4 get byes. In the fourth round, the 8 teams play each other in a group of 8, with the top 5 qualifying and the 6th placed team advancing to the playoff.
CONMEBOL: The 10 teams play each other in one group. The top 5 qualifies while the 6th placed team advances to the playoff.
UEFA: Same as OTL except divided into 8 groups of 5-6.

Last edited:

Uebeltank

Donor
BTW @Baconheimer/@Uebeltank - about my attempt to get everybody in the whole forum to vote for my bids, maybe you can somehow work this into an alt!FIFA scandal or something.
I don't actually remember the events of that. Wasn't really paying attention.
I'd say the bidding part is more about the tournament than about the world as a whole.