Votes: 80 52.6%
  • Stalinist Soviet Union

Votes: 27 17.8%
  • North Korea

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Muslim Integralism

Votes: 5 3.3%

• Total voters
No matter how much you dislike or despise a group, you REALLY shouldn't generalize. There are good and bad in ALL groups.

How does that work? There were good men in Quantrill's Raiders? The Janjaweed? Al-Queda? I'm all for different cultural standards of morality, but there is no possible way a decent human being could be in one of those groups.

Aztecs. so crazy that I get no suspension of disbelif (human sacrifice) but they are real. Decent sientific progress make them a eqvivalent to the nazis and communists.

My choice for worst villain is the Nazis.

I don't know wht the banned Hymie Goldberg had against the Brits but he apparently sees (saw?) no good to the Empire at all.

Despite my choice of Nazis as the worst, some of them were not evil.

No matter how much you dislike or despise a group, you REALLY shouldn't generalize. There are good and bad in ALL groups.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke

I believe thats the crucial factor for these infamous regimes go be able to attain power and did what they did.

The reason the Nazis qualify is that the Aztecs did their evil acts because of crazy mistaken faith, Pol Pot, Stalin's Russia and Mao's China were willing to kill millions for their political objectives

In the case of Nazi Germany killing millions WAS the political objective.

Difficult vote. Since the Khmer Rouge (which I would call the most evil regime this world has yet seen) are not an option, I voted for Nazi Germany.

Superdude

Banned
The reason the Nazis qualify is that the Aztecs did their evil acts because of crazy mistaken faith, Pol Pot, Stalin's Russia and Mao's China were willing to kill millions for their political objectives

In the case of Nazi Germany killing millions WAS the political objective.

Well, one could say that, going by certain elements, Nazism was a faith, of sorts.

Jbenuniv

Banned
Based solely on the number of people murdered, Communism in general wins with 120+ million, which is pretty evil. This breaks down to 20-30 million in Soviet Russia, 40-80 million in China, the rest being in Eastern Europe, Cuba, Latin America, and the Middle East.

However for ultimate evil it would have to be the Japanese Empire. Very brutal and viscious.

Difficult vote. Since the Khmer Rouge (which I would call the most evil regime this world has yet seen) are not an option, I voted for Nazi Germany.

It was my fault not to insert that regime. I regret it, and ask forgivennes to its unknown number of victims.

I Vote

...for the Turks as being the worst in hisotry for warmongering and mass murder.
Compared to others, the Turks have been able to carry our these atrocities for over 1,000 years.

From the huns and their destruction of the Roman Empire, the Avars and their ransacking of Germanic peoples and the Byzantines, the Seljuks and their devastation of Armenia and Anatolia, the Timurids and their sadistic lust for blood (millions killed in India) and the Ottomans joy at the ruination of cities and peoples.

A people who live at the expense of others.

Keenir

Banned
...for the Turks as being the worst in hisotry for warmongering and mass murder.
Compared to others, the Turks have been able to carry our these atrocities for over 1,000 years.

Using your logic, the Germans are the ultimate evil...they were destroying cultures and burning villages long before the Romans came (whereupon the Germans put a stop to Roman expansion & made the Romans start to slide into decadence and weakness....then the Germans invaded England, an invasion that not even the Normans could undo....Germans were part of a corrupt and evil regime that attempted to destroy England under Philip II....the Germans killed millions of Jews during the Middle Ages, and millions more in the 20th Century.

Using your logic, the Germans are the ultimate evil...they were destroying cultures and burning villages long before the Romans came (whereupon the Germans put a stop to Roman expansion & made the Romans start to slide into decadence and weakness....then the Germans invaded England, an invasion that not even the Normans could undo....Germans were part of a corrupt and evil regime that attempted to destroy England under Philip II....the Germans killed millions of Jews during the Middle Ages, and millions more in the 20th Century.

I haven't a clue what our on about, as regards logic...

The land of 'England' prior to Germanic conquest was called Brittania.
And the Normans (another Germanic people) did conquer England.
Phillip II king of Spain may have claimed Gothic ancestry but was Spanish and he attempted to overthrow the Protestant rule of England, not destroy England.
Of course the crimes against humanity would put the Germans as 1st place for 'worst villains in history' but at least the German government has accepted the crimes and made efforts to amend them.

Todays Turkish Republic denies the Greek, Armenian, Assyrian, Alevi and Kurdish genocides ever happened...

I've never heard of an Alevi or Kurdish genocide.

I know that the Kurds were the boots-on-the-ground for the Armenian Genocide and were historically quite brutal to the Assyrians too. Are you referring to the modern situation with the Kurds?

From the huns and their destruction of the Roman Empire, the Avars and their ransacking of Germanic peoples and the Byzantines, the Seljuks and their devastation of Armenia and Anatolia, the Timurids and their sadistic lust for blood (millions killed in India) and the Ottomans joy at the ruination of cities and peoples.

Are you Greek, Armenian or Kurdish?

Hapsburg

Banned
Nazis were the worst. No question. They tried purposefully to obliterate entire ethnic and religious groups for no real reason. At least the soviets didn't purposefully try to obliterate the ukrainians; the famine that did that was partially due to the failed attempt at collective farming- they had no idea that it would fail so badly.
And as for the British...well, yes, one could argue that they indirectly caused much more death than any other empire, but...they didn't purposefully try to kill ethnic groups. What they did inadvertantly led to the situations where said killings happened, but they did not mean for things to spiral out of control like that.

Mao wasn't evil, neither was Stalin. They both did what they saw as necessary to create a society without oppression. They were no more racist than Churchill and FDR.
WHAT? Mao once said he'd kill half of the Chinese people in order to complete a single one of his projects.

Don't talk about those bastards helping anyone. Mao and Stalin are on the same level as Hitler and Pol Pot. In fact, they killed more people.

JMO...Stalin....Biggest rat bastard in history..... Except for a possibe earlier moggot who's not chronicled. He surely gets it on strength of signing the papers. Pol Pot did pretty well too though...1/4 of the population....