Victoria II

I like the AAR about Brazil clawing its way to great power status by conquering Latin America. Gives good insight into how war goals figure into V2, a feature lacking in diaries. The France one is also similarly good in showing diplomacy features.

Of course, in the Brazil AAR he ended up getting curbstomped by every country from the UK and the Ottomans to China and Japan within about twenty years. :p

Of course, in the Brazil AAR he ended up getting curbstomped by every country from the UK and the Ottomans to China and Japan within about twenty years. :p
And in the end he was also at war with Persia and Siam. :D Nice to see that unfettered warmongering has its consequences.

Onyx

Banned
You can't peacefully exchange territory in Victoria 2.

F_CK!!!!!!

Thats totally ridiculous, how the heck am I suppose to get the German Empire to be a Colonial Empire!?? And how to get Russia become Empire-Wank!!??

Paradox Mods better make this option available.....

I really loathed the original Victoria - this sounds like an improvement, so I'll give it a shot.

Victoria was the most boring, irritating, and frustrating game I've played, and I love micro-managed empire-building games.

I really loathed the original Victoria - this sounds like an improvement, so I'll give it a shot.

Victoria was the most boring, irritating, and frustrating game I've played, and I love micro-managed empire-building games.
Does...this change your mind? Ottoman India!

anything 2.png

F_CK!!!!!!

Thats totally ridiculous, how the heck am I suppose to get the German Empire to be a Colonial Empire!?? And how to get Russia become Empire-Wank!!??

Paradox Mods better make this option available.....
You can still colonize empty land of course, but you can't trade land with other countries anymore. It was to exploitable by the player and Paradox didn't want to code something that the AI was never going to use.

Onyx

Banned
You can still colonize empty land of course, but you can't trade land with other countries anymore. It was to exploitable by the player and Paradox didn't want to code something that the AI was never going to use.

Ugh, ri-god damn-diculous!

Now as Germany, I have to declare war on like what 5 nations just so I can get a piece of land in South America, Asia, and India???? God.

It just wasn't fun. There were too many limitations on what you could do, too much really frustrating micromanagement, like having to scroll through your whole empire to check every stupid PoP, etc.

Perhaps a good selling point in your case is that POPs are now non-splittable and will change by themselves. And you can view all of them from a single menu without going province by province on the map.

Penelope

Banned

Paradox focuses too much on making their games challenging. They need to focus on having better UI, Graphics, and adding more features to their games than making a game hard as fuck and only playable by 75 nerds with too much time on their hands

Onyx

Banned
I hope they made the POPs better

Everytime I was the CSA, I kept seeing Serbs, Ukrainians, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, hell, even Frenchies, keep coming into my state but leave the next few days, its annoying as hell.

I hope they made the POPs better

Everytime I was the CSA, I kept seeing Serbs, Ukrainians, Germans, Austrians, Hungarians, hell, even Frenchies, keep coming into my state but leave the next few days, its annoying as hell.
That is odd. The general problem is POPs going to states (not in the 'CSA' sense, in the 'Alaska' sense) where they shouldn't go, but arriving and then leaving? I suppose some might have assimilated, but it still shouldn't have been that fast. Hm... perhaps it has something to do with the confluence of the American immigration bonus and the USA immigration bonus...

Last edited:
They just put out the new forum avatars for V2. 1024 of them If I recall correctly, multiple versions per flag. (EDIT: 1040 actually.)
SCA_communist.png
Communist Scandinavia ;)
CSA_monarchy.png
Confederate Monarchy
CHI_fascist.png
Fascist China
AST_republic.png
Australian Republic :cool:

You can see them all at this link. Just change the country tag and the government form in the address to check the flags. (republic, communist, fascist, monarchy)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/archive/v2avatars/AST_republic.png

EDIT: Furthermore, it appears that the Chinese warlord states are in the game. Mughalistan and Hindustan are both in. And Austria-Hungary will be treated as a seperate nation? But Belarus and Iberia don't appear to be represented. Nor does what appeared to be a German Transylvanian state I thought I saw in a screenshot once.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, there's something in Transylvania. Here's its fascist flag.:D
SIE_fascist.png

EDIT 3: It's called Siebenbergen.

Last edited:
They just put out the new forum avatars for V2. 1024 of them If I recall correctly, multiple versions per flag. (EDIT: 1040 actually.)
SCA_communist.png
Communist Scandinavia ;)
CSA_monarchy.png
Confederate Monarchy
CHI_fascist.png
Fascist China
AST_republic.png
Australian Republic :cool:

You can see them all at this link. Just change the country tag and the government form to check the flags. (republic, communist, fascist, monarchy)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/archive/v2avatars/AST_republic.png

EDIT: Furthermore, it appears that the Chinese warlord states are in the game. And Mughalistan, but also Hindustan. And Austria-Hungary will be treated as a seperate nation? But Belarus and Iberia don't appear to be represented. Nor does what appeared to be a German Transylvanian state I thought I saw in a screenshot once.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, there's something in Transylvania. Here's its fascist flag.:D
SIE_fascist.png
That link doesn't work...just sends you to another one. I thought that only people who bought the game could see them?

That link doesn't work...just sends you to another one. I thought that only people who bought the game could see them?

Do you mean it sends you to the Australian Republic icon? It should, that's what its links to. You change the tag and government in the web address. I guess I didn't make that clear. :eek: And apparently anyone can see them with this. I went through several before registering the game.