The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

And here's a patch that I just did as a result of working on something else.

-Fixed Puerto Rico's East coast
-Fixed the position and size of PR's eastern islands
-Fixed/added the Virgin Islands
-Added the maritime and internal borders for Puerto Rico and the American Virgin Islands.
-Added a small island I don't recall the actual name of in the North-East Caribbean.

PR & VI Patch.png

Various patches with autonomous bits:

Karelia:

ndI1i.png

North Caucasian autonomous republics:

2LNWA.png

Russia's central Asian autonomous republics (Tatarstan et al.) - there's a bit of northern coast and Kazakhstan's border to line up with:

GMMLX.png

Autonomous republics in the east.

m73to.png

(Only actually one pixel) Crimean Autonomous Republic within Ukraine:

OKXam.png

Adjara within Georgia:

ta6Yv.png

Karakalpakstan within Uzbekistan:

y1sf9.png

Gorno-Badakshan within Tajikistan:

dqs88.png

Patch to Serbia with Vojvodina and claim on Kosovo:

tSDFw.png

Brussels, Flanders and Wallonia within Belgium:

axM4O.png

Bougainville within Papua New Guinea:

r2kVS.png

A series of patches for North America;

In order:
-Gulf of California (fixed and added islands and coast)
-Mexico-Guatemala border & the Northern coast of Belize (fixed)
-Southern Canadian Maritimes (added and fixed islands and coasts)
-Door peninsula (fixed)

Patches.png

Two patches;

1. Major revision of the Baja California peninsula and associated islands and some minor corrections along the North West Mexican coast.

2. S. California; Fixed the Cali. Channel Islands, minor coastal fixes and minor fix of the Cali-Arizona border and corrected the Salton Seas location.

Mex Patches.png

Last edited:
So Iori how would someone go about getting a copy of this improved Q-BAM? I doubt most people will have the time, or be willing to put the effort into, putting all of these patches onto a map.

So Iori how would someone go about getting a copy of this improved Q-BAM? I doubt most people will have the time, or be willing to put the effort into, putting all of these patches onto a map.

Their's a version that's updated with everything except the patches posted thus far in my initial post.

And adding the patches is'nt difficult, it's a simple matter of copying the pasted file (sans the outline) and pasting it onto the map.

The below is a before and after of some editing I've done on the Foggia Peninsula (I have no idea what its actual name is), but I'm not really sure on it, so I'm looking for opinions on it;

Foggia Comparison.png

The below is a before and after of some editing I've done on the Foggia Peninsula (I have no idea what its actual name is), but I'm not really sure on it, so I'm looking for opinions on it;
Capo Rizzuto seems to be missing.

Capo Rizzuto seems to be missing.

Aside from a peninsula way to small to even show-up on the map, I have no idea what that is.

Anyways, the below is a patch for the South-Central Mediterranean, which includes some coastlines changes to Tunisia and Italy, a minor alteration of the northern Algeria-Tunisia border, a correction of Malta and the inclusiong of ALOT of islands.

SCM Patch.png

Aside from a peninsula way to small to even show-up on the map, I have no idea what that is.
There's that one particular bulge where Google Maps is slightly more angular than what I see on your map. I don't know whether it's possible to get a better approximation at this resolution.

Alright, so something we really need is the three big Iraqi lakes, I tried to do a patch myself (attatched) but I'm really not happy with it and am not even going to use it (only shown to give people an idea what I'm talking about).

Iraqi Lakes.png

Here are the autonomous communities of Spain.

EDIT: Forgot the Enclave of Treviño. :eek:

spainpatch.png

Last edited:
Another thing I've been trying to fix but not sure on is the Geneva area.

The below is what I've gotten so far, but I'm not sure on it.

Thoughts, opnions?

Geneva Edit.png

Last edited:
Another thing I've been trying to fix but not sure on is the Geneva area.

The eblow is what I've gotten so far, but I'm not sure on it.

Thoughts, opnions?

That looks pretty good from what I can tell. Switzerland is so small anyway.

I grouped the Federated States of Melanesia, the Marshall Islands and Kiribati.

I might have missed a few islands; please tell me if I have.

pacificpatch.png