Red Alert - Our 1953 USSR

Oh guys if we’re smart enough we can get the British to collaspe on themselves if we’re stable enough where Winston thinks that the empire is worth saving rather then economically stabilizing it could be good for us and also maybe stage a potential revolution in India since Winston is more paranoid that he flubs Gandhi move for peaceful independence
India is already independent at this date and the British are mostly retreating from their colonies already.

India is already independent at this date and the British are mostly retreating from their colonies already.
Fact of the matter, it's already too late to talk about plural Palestine. Palestine is fucked already. In 1953 beyond their only real hope is Nasser not screwing up the UAR plus winning the Six-Days War. We may or may not influence these developements, but I would draw attention to the fact that the late 50s and 60s are the worst moment to start a fight with the West.

We are talking about a huge nuke disparity.

Lazar Kaganovich

For those unaware Lazar was very much a yes man of Stalin, why am I choosing him? Mainly because I feel choosing someone very firmly entrenched in conservative circles could argue reforms are needed would be listened to and if guilty enough they would trust him he would not seek to demolish a system that protect him.

While it's definitely likely reforms would be watered down I feel a radical reformer who needs to placate conservative voices would face similar situation.

Though, on the topic of the Baltics, I'm willing to accommodate Latvia and Estonia but not entirely sure about Lithuania, by that it's quite imporant for keeping control of Poland plus Kaliningrad. In fact If we could I'm very tempted to merge Kaliningrad with Lithuania to improve the viability of it and secure the Baltics more or play around with their borders.

After the Baltics without coastline are no real threat and so can be accommodated a lot more, plus one of the USSR's mistakes was largely preserving the old Baltic nations borders.

I'm very tempted to merge Kaliningrad with Lithuania to improve the viability of it and secure the Baltics more or play around with their borders.
This could be a way to Russify Lithuania without violence.

Well, there will be violence in this, but mostly against the German inhabitants of Kaliningrad which are going to be expelled to open room for Russians. But this already happened OTL.

So... we should supply the UAR with outdated military weapons, equipment and aircrafts before the Suez Crisis...?
The UAR was only created after the Suez Crisis and due to it.

And supplying the Egyptians won't change the outcome of the Suez Crisis War, it was too much an one-side affair and we have too little time to change things that much. They were only saved due to Soviet and American intervention. If we really want to help Palestine, then we must prepare the UAR and Nasser to be more effective for round 2 against Israel during the 60s.

The UAR was only created after the Suez Crisis and due to it.

And supplying the Egyptians won't change the outcome of the Suez Crisis War. They were only saved due to Soviet and American intervention. If we really want to help Palestine, then we must prepare the UAR and Nasser to be more effective for round 2 against Israel during the 60s.
Ah ok, I'm for saving/preparing Nasser and UAR from Israel when the Six-Day War happens.

If the posters are referring to the 6-day war then, I am totally against the idea of genocide.
The USSR shouldn't support a Second Holocaust, no one is suggesting it. The desired outcome should be one where the Jews are accepted as citizens of the UAR (which already has lots of minotiries like Druzes, Kurds and Copts), while still having to give back the individual plots of lands that were stolen during the Nakba. Realistically, most Israelis would chose to leave to the West. Those who want to stay in Palestine and live peacefully should be accepted.

Last edited:
Chat, I would advise against becoming to focused on Israel, they arguably are one of the weaker states in the region for now.

More concerning should be Iran which should be seeing a coup in 1953, hopefully we can convince the communists to takeover and ask for a soviet intervention or the Turkish straits/border disputes with Türkiye that still be should be ongoing since Stalin just died.

Israel itself while formidable it's neighbours should be able to harass it indefinitely with little aid if they are smart.

Oh and guys we should also connect with the sydincalist so we can spread syndicalism as a alternative to communism as to well even the odds of reforms and ideology

The USSR shouldn't support a Second Holocaust, no one is suggesting it. The desired outcome should be one where the Jews are accepted as citizens of the UAR (which already has lots of minotiries like Druzes, Kurds and Copts), while still having to give back the individual plots of lands that were stolen during the Nakba. Realistically, most Israelis would chose to leave to the West. Those who want to stay in Palestine and live peacefully should be accepted.
Nasser is in charge of the UAR. A known Holocaust denier and someone who hired former Nazis to spread antisemitic propaganda such as The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Do yo really think he accept the Jews?

Nasser is in charge of the UAR. A known Holocaust denier and someone who hired former Nazis to spread antisemitic propaganda such as The Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Do yo really think he accept the Jews?
We can make him give it up for the sake of the nation to make his dream come true and have our backing

Chat, I would advise against becoming to focused on Israel, they arguably are one of the weaker states in the region for now.

More concerning should be Iran which should be seeing a coup in 1953, hopefully we can convince the communists to takeover and ask for a soviet intervention or the Turkish straits/border disputes with Türkiye that still be should be ongoing since Stalin just died.

Israel itself while formidable it's neighbours should be able to harass it indefinitely with little aid if they are smart.
I'm for taking advantage of the Iranian coup but I'd still like to supply and support UAR but that's gonna happen a decade later though.
Pretty much what @Ryan lozano said, we could force Nasser to give it up with our backing or be replaced with a more lenient leader for the UAR.

We should push someone else to become head of the UAR.
We won't be able to put a Soviet stooge as the head of the UAR. Nasser popularity was overhelming due to the Suez Crisis. We need to work with him.

The Arabs are ressentful of the Israelis due to the Nakba, but things weren't irrecoverable at this point in time yet. We can make them be magnanimous in victory, and we need to understand that its natural to hate someone when they fuck with you.

Last edited:
I'm for taking advantage of the Iranian coup but I'd still like to supply and support UAR but that's gonna happen a decade later though.

Pretty much what @Ryan lozano said, we could force Nasser to give it up with our backing or be replaced with a more lenient leader for the UAR.
I doubt we could just replace Nasser without angering the Arabs.