Proposals and War Aims That Didn't Happen Map Thread

Karl_v._Habsburg_5_Kingdoms-Oct.16_1918_%28v2%29.png

Found this map on Wikipedia. Apparently a map of a quintuple monarchy proposed by Emperor Karl on October 16, 1918 ("Imperial Manifesto of 16 October 1918"). Does anyone know anything more about this proposal? I've never heard of it before and the Wikipedia article cites a paper that I can't access.

Looks like the Palestinians were going to get screwed again. Instead of getting their own state, they would have become a second class minority split between four other countries.
To be fair, the 1948-1967 era in the West Bank, ruled and annexed by Jordan, was fairly good and accepted by the palestinians. The Jordanian parliament was even accounting for them, it had like 1/2 of the representatives from the West Bank and the other 1/2 from the East Bank (Jordan proper).
Then, the Neguev and the Sinai aren’t really different from each other.

Last edited:
To be fair, the 1948-1967 era in the West Bank, rules and annexed by Jordan, was fairly good and accepted by the palestinians. The Jordanian parliament was even accounting for them, it had like 1/2 of the representatives from the West Bank and the other 1/2 from the East Bank (Jordan proper).
Yes Negev isnt really Palestine but Palestinians would dominate Jordan completely and the monarchy would probably go the way of Iraqi monarchy soon

To be fair, the 1948-1967 era in the West Bank, ruled and annexed by Jordan, was fairly good and accepted by the palestinians. The Jordanian parliament was even accounting for them, it had like 1/2 of the representatives from the West Bank and the other 1/2 from the East Bank (Jordan proper).
So if that's true, why did the civil war in Jordan occur? Genuinely curious

So if that's true, why did the civil war in Jordan occur? Genuinely curious
As far as I’m concerned, it was after the 1967 war and loss of the West Bank that tensions between the palestinian militants (which hardly existed before the war) and the Jordanian government

As far as I’m concerned, it was after the 1967 war and loss of the West Bank that tensions between the palestinian militants (which hardly existed before the war) and the Jordanian government
So why were they created? Did militants get pushed out of the West Bank or did they start forming as a result of Israel's military occupation of the West Bank, which the Jordanian government lost control over?