Map Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCammy

Banned
Awww.... My map got lost on the last page. Anyone care to comment on it? (Besides the glaring ASB-ness of it.;))

KCammy

Banned
i gotta say, it looks nice, but whats the actual setting? is the US being invaded on all sides by britain?

It's set in the quite distant future. (2050-ish) It's the third world war, America can't take the fact it's closest ally went communist, so Britain had to clean up the reactionary regime with the help of China....

Most of the fighting the British are doing is on the Eastern front. Very little on the Northern. (By a division of about 80/20)

Long live the Map thread!

What better way to honor the passing of our wanked out Map Thread then with the old favourite, an Axis Wank! This is inspired by this map, I just rehashed it onto a convential map and came up with some backstory which I'll add to it on my dA.

The red outline indicates areas under the control of the SS btw.

attachment.php

Long live the Map thread!

What better way to honor the passing of our wanked out Map Thread then with the old favourite, an Axis Wank! This is inspired by this map, I just rehashed it onto a convential map and came up with some backstory which I'll add to it on my dA.

The red outline indicates areas under the control of the SS btw.
Nice map. Its a classic. Looks really good. ^_^

Why not, I didn't get feedback for this one back in VII, either. It's a brainstorm map for a possible revival of my Ethelred the Pious timeline. That TL stalled because I could never come up with a coherent plan for the Franks after 930.

attachment.php

POD: Vikings conquer England in 871.
880s: The Viking raids that brought down Emperor Charles the Fat are less severe; many of the would-be raiders were involved in the process of building new kingdoms in England. Frankish Empire stays together.
920s: New wave of raids, many of them led by new generation of English Vikings; Spanish Christian kingdoms devastated; Neustria rebels and splits from Frankish Empire.
930s-40s: Germany chooses local king and rest of empire splits up. Carolingians stay in power in Lotharingia.
Projecting forward: To secure its frontiers, Neustria attacks Cornish kingdom, which had occupied parts of the Channel coast. Cordoba Caliphate expands across Pyrenees. Increased Arab incursions in southern Italy. Aquitanian king comes to power in Italy, fights off a major invasion, and is named emperor.
Not shown: Germany probably expanded eastward as in OTL.

The date 980 on the map is probably a little early. More likely this shows 990 or so.

Last edited:
Why not, I didn't get feedback for this one back in VII, either. It's a brainstorm map for a possible revival of my Ethelred the Pious timeline. That TL stalled because I could never come up with a coherent plan for the Franks after 930.

-snip-

Cool map! I have a real soft spot for the Franks, the Carolingians and Charlemagne. But one so rarely sees it.

New map thread! Umm...here's a map!

Basically, Stalin gets gunned down by an alien space bat and instead of his brutal dictatorship, the Soviet Union becomes dominated by a partnership
between Bukharin and Marshall Tukhashevsky. It's now 1956 and the Third Balkan War ended nine years ago. Bulgaria, Italy and Hungary defeated Romania,
Greece and Yugoslavia. The USSR managed not to get involved, but did nab Moldavia when Romania looked like it was on the way out.

Instead, the USSR has concentrated on East Asia, as Bukharin had always said that 'the East is Red' and due to Tukhashevsky's experience there during the Civil War.
Mongolia was annexed in the thirties and war with Japan in the forties while the world watched the Balkans proved the game-changer, as Manchuria became a satellite Republic,
Korea became a People's Republic and China fell to the Communists, albeit without its former Central Asian lands, which had been lost during the Civil War. Japan only retains
its independence due to American protection, which its prickly army still resents. Only the shoddy Soviet Navy saved it.

In 1951 India gained independence from Britain, but due to the assassination of Gandhi in 1945 a strong Hindu nationalist movement forced the British to partition the country yet
further than OTL; Pakistan is larger and the new state of Uttar Pradesh was formed alongside the Indian Republic. Burma remains a British protectorate due to pro-Chinese insurgency.

In the Middle East the Arab Kingdom promised to Emir Feisal in 1917 is given to him, with relatively weak League of Nations Mandates over Iraq, Syria and Jordan; it is expected to
gain full independence in 1960, although the vastness of oil deposits found in Iraq makes this unlikely. Palestine is a British Dominion, specifically a Jewish Dominion with
British protection; Egypt is expected to gain full independence in 1964.

Asides from that, Spain is Republicanm, Germany is still a liberal democracy and the Baltic States have formed a confederation to try and stand against perceived Soviet threats.
The Soviet Bloc, meanwhile, is biding its time...

sfgfjghkhjpng.PNG

sfgfjghkhjpng.PNG

POD: Vikings conquer England in 871.
880s: The Viking raids that brought down Emperor Charles the Fat are less severe; many of the would-be raiders were involved in the process of building new kingdoms in England. Frankish Empire stays together.
920s: New wave of raids, many of them led by new generation of English Vikings; Spanish Christian kingdoms devastated; Neustria rebels and splits from Frankish Empire.
930s-40s: Germany chooses local king and rest of empire splits up. Carolingians stay in power in Lotharingia.
Projecting forward: To secure its frontiers, Neustria attacks Cornish kingdom, which had occupied parts of the Channel coast. Cordoba Caliphate expands across Pyrenees. Increased Arab incursions in southern Italy. Aquitanian king comes to power in Italy, fights off a major invasion, and is named emperor.
Not shown: Germany probably expanded eastward as in OTL.

The date 980 on the map is probably a little early. More likely this shows 990 or so.

Actually, by the time of your PoD the Frankish kingdom had already split. It was divided between Charlemagne's three sons at Verdun in 843.

Actually, by the time of your PoD the Frankish kingdom had already split. It was divided between Charlemagne's three sons at Verdun in 843.

...And reunited, split again along different axes, partially reunited, split again, split more, etc. etc. Charles the Fat reunited the whole thing for the last time over the course of the 880s, unaffected by the PoD. In OTL the empire split again before Charles was even dead; in TTL it lasts for about one and a half generations after him.

OK, I have some questions for Beedok.

1. Why was there no revolution that led to a seperate nation in NA?
  2. Why is there a Dutch Japan?
  3. Could you show me the rest of the world if you have a map.

The Dutch world in 1835.
I like that the Cape Colony hasn't expanded into the east, as there would be no reason for trekboers without the imposition of British authority. That said, have the Dutch outlawed slavery or even impeded it yet?

OK, I have some questions for Beedok.

1. Why was there no revolution that led to a seperate nation in NA?
  2. Why is there a Dutch Japan?
  3. Could you show me the rest of the world if you have a map.
1. There was. It has the "Dutch Colonial Successor" colour. It is still culturally Dutch though.
2. They used the increase of resources over OTL to take it.
3. I wasn't really planning to. Still, I suppose I could.

I like that the Cape Colony hasn't expanded into the east, as there would be no reason for trekboers without the imposition of British authority. That said, have the Dutch outlawed slavery or even impeded it yet?
They are starting to have awkward feelings towards it.

Oh, sweet! New map thread. First! :D

Anyway, I'll start it off with this work in progress map for my "linguistic" timeline (same as the Amerikan language map came from):

So you are going to actually make this into a timeline? It be great if you are!

The year is 1987, same as the previous map. There are still unresolved territorial disputes between California and Oregon (California's claims are based on an old treaty signed by the British and Mexico in 1856 granting the territories "west of the Colorado river and on the to coast of the Pacific ocean" to California, while Oregon cites a later peace treaty defining the limits of the territories of Oregon and Deseret which California regards as a temporary cease fire line only). The two have been in several wars, the latest in the 1950s, leading to the current status quo, which no one is satisfied with. The League of Nations is on the case, trying to decide on an official ruling, but the decision has been stalled since the mid 80s.

I still need to give Mexico states, and I don't know what to do with the Canadian provinces (the current are just on the map provisionally), nor if I'm satisfied with the provinces of Columbia (they are called Alaska, Yukon and British Columbia, btw).

Interesting. I'm surprised that Oregon and Desert are a federal union of sorts, and that Coulmbia is seperate from Canada.

As for the Canadian Provinces, I could see a division similar to what was seen in Decades of Darkness happening.

As for the Columbian Provinces, I think you would better off getting rid of the provinces all together and just have Columbia be a unitary state due to how much larger B.C.'s population would be in comparison to Alaska and the Yukon's. Of course, I think it be much more likely for Columbia to join Canada, but I guess I'll have to wait for the TL to find out why it didn't. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.