Map Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be stickied?

And now...

COMING SOON BY EUIO!

2 North America maps, one as globe, and one dipped in tea.:)

I thought it was Majapahit.

Nope, Srivijaya existed as the regional power in SE Asia until around 11th century, when they got invaded by Singhasari, a Javanese Hindu Kingdom. Than at 1300s, the successor of Singhasari, Majapahit (yes, "that" Majapahit;)), also invaded Srivijaya an eventually conquered Srivijaya once and for all. By that, Majapahit succeed Srivijaya as the next dominator of SE. Asia.

Speakin' o' hard to spell names, how about Tawantinsuyu and Haudensaunee (both of which I can spell without looking them up:p:cool:)

I think those names are easy to be spelled, although for me those names are even harder to be spelled than Majapahit, Singhasari, or Srivijaya... :p;):cool:

Oh yesyesyes !!! I'm talented at spelling hard names :cool: :p:D

Here's a teaser for the super tea-soaked map:cool::

Teaser.png

nick012000

Banned
Is that Halo map canonical?

Also, is this the place where you post maps you've made, or can you make requests for them as well?

I'm a bit new here, so please forgive any slight I might be making by asking.

Thande

Donor

Also, is this the place where you post maps you've made, or can you make requests for them as well?

You can make requests, sure: just don't necessarily expect them to result in anything ;)

Welcome to the board btw

This thread is for posting AH maps. You can request for someone to make a map, too.

I was doing a little research on the Mafia yesterday, ironically. It's origins are in the 1800s, apparently (as is this use of the word "mafia" - from the title of a play, actually). A minor point, actually, as I'm sure there were crime lords of some kind in 17th century Sicily. Just thought I'd put in the 2 cents I found yesterday.;)

(Yay! Map Thread III!)
From the knowledge I've gathered (which isn't exactly a lot, mind you), the Mafia has its origins in the middle ages. Without a strong local ruler (due to absentee rule from Naples, Province, Aragon, ect.) people hired local criminal for protection. Thus, the Cosa Nostra was born.

But the idea isn't exactly that Don Corleone goes on a conquering spree, but a major criminal baron leads the Sicilian revolt, and later takes all of Spanish Italy

I've been working on a map (chart maybe?) for while
Nice ones, Kraken! :cool:

I gave it a comment before, and now I WANT TO KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT FONT.

This thread reminds me of Belgium.
Thats looks kinda Matrix-ey, so try Dafont under sci-fi.

And why Belgium :confused:

VT45

Banned
I've been working on a map (chart maybe?) for while, and it just got finished. And gets to go on the first page of a new thread. Yay!

SolarSystemMap.png

And another version of same:

SolarSystemMap2.png

Maps not to scale, obviously.

Which style do you all prefer?

Planets and orbits of 1, writing of 2. 2 is much easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.