Jewish Russia?

Keenir

Banned
Pagans never made that claim (outside Roman territorium),

riiight, because the Rus' were Christians for forever, before even the Armenians converted in the early 1st Century,
:rolleyes:

and I have never heard about muslims in Russia who made that claim

nice dodge of what we were discussing.

again.

Yes of course, many serious historian call all christianity catholic and Orthodocts presplit christianity Orthodocts.

you know (and don't take this the wrong way), the longer you talk to me, the worse your spelling gets.

the words have meaning but their are no contect:confused:

I think my earlier statement stands: walk away, take a breather, and come back later.

Valdemar II

Banned
riiight, because the Rus' were Christians for forever, before even the Armenians converted in the early 1st Century,
:rolleyes:.

Really the Russian began their claims after they became Christian, but that part is really to hard for you to understand

nice dodge of what we were discussing.

again..

No Muslim outside the former Roman Empire took the title Caesar, but again you lack the ability to keep on focus instead of finding new Strawmens

you know (and don't take this the wrong way), the longer you talk to me, the worse your spelling gets..

Ay attacking the foreigner spelling, classy

I think my earlier statement stands: walk away, take a breather, and come back later.

I do not think that a answer is good idea, because I feel no need to be kicked or banned, but I am sure a ingenious guy like you can guess, what I wanted to answer.

Last edited:

Keenir

Banned
Really the Russian began their claims after they became Christian, but that part is really to hard for you to understand

yes, because clearly I know no more than you.

No Muslim outside the former Roman Empire took the title Caesar,

nor did any Christian.

but again you lack the ability to keep on focus instead of finding new Strawmens

you have taught me well, master.

Ay attacking the foreigner spelling, classy
:rolleyes:

it is classy, since I'm the only one that you use foreigner spelling with.

I do not think that a answer is good idea, because I feel no need to be kicked or banned, but I am sure a ingenious guy like you can guess, what I wanted to answer.

not with all those commas, nope.

Gaaaah! WWI, WWII, Communism, basically everything, is different with such a POD. A early mistake in AH is to assume that nothing changes when you change something

I'm quite well aware of this, and I fully understand that Russia may not have followed the same road it did in OTL. However, since Karl Marx was a German, I don't find it TOO far out of the scope of possibility that at least the idea of Marxism would have been developed.

Admittedly, I think the way that I phrased my statement could have been confusing. Believe you me, it wasn't like I was expecting the world to progress on like it did. What I meant was more along the lines of how the world would have changed, i.e. what WWI and WWII would have happened IF they happened, or what a Jewish Russia would look like if Marxism did or did not take roots.

I don't think you understand. Russia becoming Jewish would have HUGE consequences on Eastern Europe. Germany might not even form, so don't count on Marx being born.

However, I am in the belief that something resembling Marxism will enentually come along, but when, where, why, and how I can't say.

I'm quite well aware of this, and I fully understand that Russia may not have followed the same road it did in OTL. However, since Karl Marx was a German, I don't find it TOO far out of the scope of possibility that at least the idea of Marxism would have been developed.

Admittedly, I think the way that I phrased my statement could have been confusing. Believe you me, it wasn't like I was expecting the world to progress on like it did. What I meant was more along the lines of how the world would have changed, i.e. what WWI and WWII would have happened IF they happened, or what a Jewish Russia would look like if Marxism did or did not take roots.
You seem to have little (if any) understanding of the butterfly theory. Something happens that far back everything changes. A big challenge for new AHers is to get rid of the belief that history is set in stone the way it happened IOTL.

And AHFanatic; Triple posting? Come on man!

One thing to consider is that IOTL countries like Poland who tolerated the Jews absorbed several waves of Jews fleeing from countries from which they had been expelled. Naturally a Jewish state would be even more attractive than a Christian one, so a Jewish Russia would benefit from an influx of immigration and an inflow of talent and wealth.

One thing to consider is that IOTL countries like Poland who tolerated the Jews absorbed several waves of Jews fleeing from countries from which they had been expelled. Naturally a Jewish state would be even more attractive than a Christian one, so a Jewish Russia would benefit from an influx of immigration and an inflow of talent and wealth.

OTOH, if they're pork-eating Jews, then they're seen as disagreeable heretics and this may be rather less attractive than moving to Islamic territory.

Bruce

(Yes, I know, can't let the pork thing go...but I really don't know what sort of farm animals 9th century Russians kept. Judging from other examples, your average peasant probably didn't see meat that often, but given the Russian climate, any extra protein helps...)

Keenir

Banned
OTOH, if they're pork-eating Jews, then they're seen as disagreeable heretics and this may be rather less attractive than moving to Islamic territory.

(Yes, I know, can't let the pork thing go...but I really don't know what sort of farm animals 9th century Russians kept. Judging from other examples, your average peasant probably didn't see meat that often, but given the Russian climate, any extra protein helps...)

very true, which actually helps -- in both Judeism and Islam (not sure about Catholocism), if the only way to survive is by eating unclean food (as in, that's the only option, food-wise), then God will not only understand, but God will also forgive he who eats the unclean food.

In at least modern religion, I've found that Christian religions are often a lot less flexible about the whole eat bad food to survive thing, while Muslims and Jews tend to be able to bring themselves to eat unclean meat.

In at least modern religion, I've found that Christian religions are often a lot less flexible about the whole eat bad food to survive thing, while Muslims and Jews tend to be able to bring themselves to eat unclean meat.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean here or to which Churches you are referring...

Most mainstream denominations of Christianity have pretty much abolished the old dietary laws,
so unless I missed something, this is a non-issue for most Christians and Christian denominations.

Are you talking about the attitudes to dietary laws of some modern Protestant and post-Protestant sects here, or are you talking about the ancient Churches who have maintained these dietary laws, such as the Coptic and Ethiopian Orthodox Churches?

Leo Caesius

Banned
I seem to recall that Cabeza da Vaca and his men nearly starved to death because they had exhausted all of their potential food save for their horses, but refused to eat the horses due to some religious taboo. I might be wrong about the explorer, though.

I seem to recall that Cabeza da Vaca and his men nearly starved to death because they had exhausted all of their potential food save for their horses, but refused to eat the horses due to some religious taboo. I might be wrong about the explorer, though.

I do recall that some early Medieval Pope had forbidden the Catholics to eat horses, so that there would be enough cavalry to counter the invading Moors...

NapoleonXIV

Banned
Yeah, I say we pack up all the newbies and send them to a "reeducation camp". :D

I'll never forget that first day when we rolled up and everyone crowded forward to look throught the slats of the RR cars. The huge iron gates, the words "Forschung Macht Frei" overtop them, the thousands of prisoners with their hollow eyes and behind them all the stacks, belching their obscene smoke of the banned into the filthy air.:p

You seem to have little (if any) understanding of the butterfly theory. Something happens that far back everything changes. A big challenge for new AHers is to get rid of the belief that history is set in stone the way it happened IOTL.

And AHFanatic; Triple posting? Come on man!

Nor do I and I truly don't care much. You guys act as if this AH stuff actually happens and follows certain laws. This butterfly theory is just that, an idle speculation of what might happen given certain circumstances.

Now my theory, and it's just as valid as yours, is that Butterfly is bollocks. History is like a big pond. If you throw in a pebble it makes a splash, and there are ripples, which spread out and become less an less as they go further and further. A little pebble has hardly any effect, a big rock disturbs the whole pond for several moments but eventually, a placid surface returns, and history proceeds, just as before.

Napoleon, you've got things all confused again.

The site you refer to is only in the event that the reeducation in Doctor What's lab does not take. Which is not a possibility to be ruled out entirely but I'm sure you know that Doctor What has an exceptionally high rate of success in his facilities.

Admittedly 73% either die under stress or have to be lobotimized and used as manual labor and/or infiltrators within the GOP local establishment, but almost 24% are properly 'adjusted'!:)

Well, so long as the electric current is working.