CanadianTory's Wikibox Thread

So anyone interested in a particular politician? I'm thinking since I won't have the next batch of Federal Elections out for a bit, I might as well do requests. So, any suggestions?

Pierre Trudeau, assuming he gets into politics still, would be an interesting one.

If not, I'd say Jean Chretien.

Hmm, I have class in the morning, so I'll have to keep a list.

It doesn't have to be a box, but what's the dealio with Jack Layton?

Still a Toronto City Councilor. Unsuccessfully sought the Mayoralty in 1991 and again in 2000 (Narrowly lost there). He was constantly mentioned as a possible leader for the Ontario New Democrats, but now that there's been a merger, he's been one of the former NDPers who have refused to join the Lib Dems, instead seeking home in a more Left-Wing Reform Party.

Still a Toronto City Councilor. Unsuccessfully sought the Mayoralty in 1991 and again in 2000 (Narrowly lost there). He was constantly mentioned as a possible leader for the Ontario New Democrats, but now that there's been a merger, he's been one of the former NDPers who have refused to join the Lib Dems, instead seeking home in a more Left-Wing Reform Party.

Well, at least he tried.

Pierre Trudeau, assuming he gets into politics still, would be an interesting one.

If not, I'd say Jean Chretien.

How's this?

mayortrudeau1.PNG

Quebec:
Pierre Trudeau

mayortrudeau1.PNG

Last edited:
Interesting Trudeau infobox. I see he stayed with the NDP, which makes be a bit surprised that he never became leader.

Interesting Trudeau infobox. I see he stayed with the NDP, which makes be a bit surprised that he never became leader.

That would have been predictable. Besides, the NDP's poor showing in 1971 caused him to reevaluate his options. Popular Tory government, both the NDP and Grits in disarray, seemed only natural he'd go to Municipal politics :p

Besides, Mayor Trudeau would be awesome. Terrifying, but awesome.