An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

California: The Spanish IOTL didn’t colonize California until they started getting worried that the Russians were moving into the area. TTL Mexico would react the same way. If the Romans started to set up a colony in California, the Romans immediately turn from ‘friend’ to ‘hostile’ in Texcoco’s eyes. Because at this point, the only reason to have California is as a base to attack Mexico.

Hmm...what about OTL Washington State/British Columbia?

The defeat is so total that ‘the trees are speaking Cham’ enters the Vietnamese lexicon as a sign for when things are about to end really badly for the participants.

Holy fucking shit man that’s nasty. Actually savage.

Haha Mataram can go **** himself for being a greedy bastard. Serves him right, only the Cham alliance in South east asia is the only worthwhile alliance. Japan and Korea are a bit far and have their own problems and wants.

I smell the upcoming reckoning in the next update, the straights of Se asia to India should be controlled by the Romans "alone".

I've been a lurker for a few months and I would like to say this is an excellent timeline and I hope Basileus444 can continue to provide us with his good writing. I have a question regarding Mexico: what is its religious makeup? Is it Orthodox, Avignon Catholic, does it contain sizeable Mesoamerican polytheist population, or a combination of two or all three? Also, it's been a while since we went into details of the American continent, so I think it might merit a summary or, if you think it's possible, a map.

Haha Mataram can go **** himself for being a greedy bastard. Serves him right, only the Cham alliance in South east asia is the only worthwhile alliance. Japan and Korea are a bit far and have their own problems and wants.

I smell the upcoming reckoning in the next update, the straights of Se asia to India should be controlled by the Romans "alone".

Looking out for national interest is completely rational, They are not even askinf that much. The Romans gave the same thing for free to the Ethiopians way before the Roman Ethiopian alliance began.

Also does storm happens that often? How did the Romans(and Spanish) get hit by three storms in a row? Is it storm season or something

Looking out for national interest is completely rational, They are not even askinf that much. The Romans gave the same thing for free to the Ethiopians way before the Roman Ethiopian alliance began.

Also does storm happens that often? How did the Romans(and Spanish) get hit by three storms in a row? Is it storm season or something

I 100% agree about Mataram. They’ve been solid Allies despite the weakness Rome has shown and taken advantage of it. Might not feel great but the Romans shouldn’t have tried to half ass their Alliance either. If Mataram switches sides now it would be hate worthy. But they could be the next Eastern ally to assist Rome longterm.

Your completely right, he does deserve compensation but honestly dealing on the dark with the Spanish whilst having an active alliance with Rhome. Strikes me that he's not to be trusted long term, and the Roman response to his provocation was handled, smoothly without him knowing.

Since he demanded western tech, him or his successors might want to rustle with the Romans on the region. Of course just copying it doesn't mean they'll succeed especially given Otl examples (As stated by the guy on last two updates).

Honestly the storm could and can happen but I don't remember in my history of it happening at the almost same time. There might be real examples here in Asia but most of those storms should be happening on a singlular basis. SE asia after all is on the tropical side of the equator. You can see the rain virtually come to you ever faster.

I've got a question that I don't think has been asked before in the thread.

When do you read the new updates? Right when they come out or is there a time you normally read them like on a commute?

I normally read new updates while I'm exercising. Normally on the elliptical but, since quarantine removed that from me, while doing weights at my desk.

When do you read the new updates? Right when they come out or is there a time you normally read them like on a commute?

I normally read new updates while I'm exercising. Normally on the elliptical but, since quarantine removed that from me, while doing weights at my desk.
Usually as I see them, but I usually check the site when there's a lull time at work so I'm in no hurry to begin with, though I'll read through whatever other alerts I have first to get them out of the way before settling down to focus on the latest AAOM installment.

Despite the series of setbacks for the Romans in the big picture doesn't things look very grim for the Spainish? Unless they decisively smash the Taprobane fleet they're pinned in the West whilst the Eastern reinforcements can roll on down.

But for dramatic effect Napoleon needs to make a grand entrance into the theatre, the stakes need to be high!

At work if the update occurs during the week on the day it is posted. I have a few monitors here at the office so I can keep this site open more or less all day while I do actual work. If my boss is a reader...well, I work diligently and studiously with no interruptions. I was only kidding a few sentences ago! :)

As soon as it's posted lmao

How are Spanish light ships capturing all those troopships loaded with armed soldiers? They would be somewhat weak from sea sickness but probably still too numerous for Spanish frigates to capture. Is naval gunnery tech in this era strong enough to force surrender?

How are Spanish light ships capturing all those troopships loaded with armed soldiers? They would be somewhat weak from sea sickness but probably still too numerous for Spanish frigates to capture. Is naval gunnery tech in this era strong enough to force surrender?

I guess presumably if the transports get separated from the main fleet they are easy prey to getting attacked by a few ships at once? Like how a pack of wolves will try to separate the slower/weaker members of a herd of moose and then go for the kill once they are away from the main pack.

I cant wait to find out what the bombshells in africa and italy are. My theory is that it involves Carthage and them trying to retake genoa. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew

Cryostorm

Donor
Monthly Donor
I cant wait to find out what the bombshells in africa and italy are. My theory is that it involves Carthage and them trying to retake genoa. Perhaps they bit off more than they could chew
Didn't Rhomania already take Genoa, and most of Liguria, before the move east? I believe that was the siege and blockade that got really bad there in the end for the city.

Likely small stuff. Now it would be unfortunate if Spain and Arles got uhm ideas. I was relatively sympathetic to them. Besides burning their costs to the ground would be a bit of a bother when all you want is to be left alone to mind your own business. :p