An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

With everything else politics will get involved. I think the current Turkish government would have harsh things to say about Islam not conquering Constantinople in such a project.

Cryostorm

Donor
Monthly Donor
With everything else politics will get involved. I think the current Turkish government would have harsh things to say about Islam not conquering Constantinople in such a project.
I would think the whole sacking Mecca and having the Black Stone in non-Muslim custody for a good while would be a bit more of an issue if one got brought up at all.

They have a lot of outdated fortresses that are probably not suited towards fighting a gunpowder based army with both infantry and cavalry. It also takes time,labor and a lot of $$ to retrofit forts. The Koreans are also outnumbered here. One advantage the Koreans have as is that it is quite hilly and mountainous, and this will impede cavalry raids to a certain extent. Tactically however, cavalry superiority would mean that the Chinese can run down defeated enemies however they wanted. It will also make attempts to supply besieged forts extremely difficult,if not impossible without breaking the siege.
They don't need to retrofit every single fortresses only a few key points where defence and resupply are crucial. Now since this is the first time that the Japanese are fighting the zeng on the battlefield. They can experience the shortage of having a good medium-heavy cavalry. They'll very likely suffer defeats as they defend and push the zeng out of korea. However since were not sure just how long this war is, I can safely say that they'll likely innovate tactics to help compensate for their shortcomings. Dont know what will happen but im sure that both sides will suffer horrendous casualties. Well since the shimazu emperor wanted the dissidents out of japan for a good long measure. He'll likely want that army to suffer a bit more.

Ah.. how would they even conquer constantinople? They cant even conquer the entirety of Syria-palastinea. And thats during a three font war.

No one because the Byzantine empire has little presence in popular imagination so its already extremely unlikely a show about its real history would be made anywhere except greece perhaps. Alternate history as a genre is pretty small scale and is probably going to need to have a massive published successful book for it make the transition to television or film. I am probably missing something as I am somewhat new to the genre but the relative obscurity of both components of this timeline to me makes me think it would not be a good candidate for televisation.

I mean who knows what the future holds. The creator might not even want to make it into a show atm, the best way to get a chance at this being made into a show is sharing this tl with as many people as we can to help support this wonderful work of art and perhaps someday in the far future this could be made into a show.

Last edited:
Also do you guys think this would make sense for what Rhoman soldiers might look like?

Attachments

• foustanella_web-thumb-large.jpg
    foustanella_web-thumb-large.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 238
They would just have to frame it as the Eastern ROMAN Empire. Everyone has heard of the Roman Empire. Advertise as Italian and then serve them Greek. They won't know the differance...

This line of discussion is pointless if you're treating it with even some degree of 'it could happen!' because it never will. Not without significant changes that would make this into a completely different story.

Besides, you lose things in adaptation and the format of this TL is borderline impossible to adapt into another form of media.

Rather than talk about 'if' or 'how' or 'will' and waste your time just skip the chaff and pretend it has. Theorize about what actor you'd want to play Andreas Niketas or what you think would be the most interesting parts to be adapted into another form. Personally I'd like to see some of the big battles such as at Thessaloniki and Nineveh like something out of movies on Napoleon or the American Civil War.

This line of discussion is pointless if you're treating it with even some degree of 'it could happen!' because it never will. Not without significant changes that would make this into a completely different story.

Besides, you lose things in adaptation and the format of this TL is borderline impossible to adapt into another form of media.

Rather than talk about 'if' or 'how' or 'will' and waste your time just skip the chaff and pretend it has. Theorize about what actor you'd want to play Andreas Niketas or what you think would be the most interesting parts to be adapted into another form. Personally I'd like to see some of the big battles such as at Thessaloniki and Nineveh like something out of movies on Napoleon or the American Civil War.
Yeah you definitely make a good point.
I wonder what the Black day would look like of it were adapted, it'd be hard to top the original story but it could be done. The whole scene of Smyrna on fire would tug at my heart strings all over again

I also wonder what actor would be best to play a Young Andreas. I know a picture was given a long time ago but there might be a better match out there idk

Now a show based on that would be awsome. Also based on how far ahead ttl is tech wise that might even be Constantinople in 2020