An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

Let's not forget that Vijayanagar won't be alone in the that respect. Europe is essentially broken into a Latin and Greek camp in regards to science and the Muslim world is literally split in two.
This honestly isn't any different than OTL with only a few exceptions such as Southern Italy. Everywhere that Greek is preferred either used Arabic IOTL (Egypt, Syria, Balkans, Anatolia) or preferred Church Slavonic. Not serious losses for Latin-published Academia.

Cryostorm

Donor
This honestly isn't any different than OTL with only a few exceptions such as Southern Italy. Everywhere that Greek is preferred either used Arabic IOTL (Egypt, Syria, Balkans, Anatolia) or preferred Church Slavonic. Not serious losses for Latin-published Academia.
In size no, the real loss though is that Latin doesn't start to get the preeminence that it had in Europe and then the world, which then easily transferred to French then English. We could easily end up with a world that instead of one language being the language to publish in to matter to having several different, and competing, scientific circles.

Cryostorm

Donor
The Muslim world is split into three isolated areas, isn't it? North Africa/Persia+Arabia/Indonesia, with Rome separating the first two and Vijayanagar separating the latter two.
As far as I recall Islam's gains in Indonesia has pretty much stalled and has actually been reversed in the same way it has in India. In fact I think Indonesia, the independent bits at least, are largely a part of the Indian cultural sphere.

In size no, the real loss though is that Latin doesn't start to get the preeminence that it had in Europe and then the world, which then easily transferred to French then English. We could easily end up with a world that instead of one language being the language to publish in to matter to having several different, and competing, scientific circles.

I get the feeling that rather than one language for all disciplines the language of science will very much depend on what field it is. So astronomy may be French, physics and chemistry are Greek, mathematics is Sanskrit, material science is German and so on. It could lead to a modern world where there is a small group of "elite scientists" who are multi-lingual who act as essentially intermediaries between the various disciplines when a cross-over is necessary.

I get the feeling that rather than one language for all disciplines the language of science will very much depend on what field it is. So astronomy may be French, physics and chemistry are Greek, mathematics is Sanskrit, material science is German and so on. It could lead to a modern world where there is a small group of "elite scientists" who are multi-lingual who act as essentially intermediaries between the various disciplines when a cross-over is necessary.
How very Renaissance.

To what extent are the old Carthaginians revered by the current one? I know there was a big revival and even had a guy named Hannibal as leader a while ago if I recall but I think that may have been a one time fluke. Do they still revere Hannibal as hero of sorts? Are there any current attempts to to revive Punic art and architecture?

To what extent are the old Carthaginians revered by the current one? I know there was a big revival and even had a guy named Hannibal as leader a while ago if I recall but I think that may have been a one time fluke. Do they still revere Hannibal as hero of sorts? Are there any current attempts to to revive Punic art and architecture?
My idea is that most figures of the classical world, including Alexander the Great, Julius Caesar, and Hannibal are revered, if there is such an extensive Renaissance that expands beyond Europe.

what the situation in the carthaginian area? are they gradully expanding there borders with settlements and slowly pushing the bebers out? or are they slowly being enchoracnhed on? or somewhere in the middle

what the situation in the carthaginian area? are they gradully expanding there borders with settlements and slowly pushing the bebers out? or are they slowly being enchoracnhed on? or somewhere in the middle
They were steadly expanding until the marnanids reset that and now I think they only control northern Tunesia. Hopefully after Ody is done beating the ottomans into a pulp he can focus on north africa but I'm not sure if a war with the marnanids would would be worth it since they seem to be leaving the Romans alone for now

They were steadly expanding until the marnanids reset that and now I think they only control northern Tunesia. Hopefully after Ody is done beating the ottomans into a pulp he can focus on north africa but I'm not sure if a war with the marnanids would would be worth it since they seem to be leaving the Romans alone for now
Perhaps the romans can offer to buyt it? or demand it after the war with the ottmans ,I can imangie them saying to the marinids just give us the rest of tunsinia and will also give you a butload of something(they prob won't have a lot of cash after the war with the ottomans)

Perhaps the romans can offer to buyt it? or demand it after the war with the ottmans ,I can imangie them saying to the marinids just give us the rest of tunsinia and will also give you a butload of something(they prob won't have a lot of cash after the war with the ottomans)
Perhaps the next emperor after Ody can wipe the floor with the marnanids and possibly even reclaim the black stone

I think we'll still see an influx of Turkish migrants from Ottoman Iran into Roman Anatolia, like in our timeline. This of course, will happen over the span of several centuries.

I think we'll still see an influx of Turkish migrants from Ottoman Iran into Roman Anatolia, like in our timeline. This of course, will happen over the span of several centuries.
I doubt it considering the religious differences, they are in a much better spot there than in the Empire.

I doubt it considering the religious differences, they are in a much better spot there than in the Empire.
Yes, Anatolia is the population center of the Roman Empire but eventually I speculate that differences between Balkan and Anatolian Greeks will emerge. Also Anatolia is home to Armenians, Georgians, and Kurds.

While we might see a small trickle I dont think the Rhomans are gonna let any muslums into its borders any time soon considering the Ottomans have tried to turn their preexisting Turkish against them in the past. I think its more likely most turkish migration will be pushed east into persia after their homeland has been turned into a wasteland after the War of the wrath. Although in the future after Rhome calms down on it's Hatred of Muslims I could definitely see a large number of Turks settling in the area for a better life but even then I'm not sure how many they would let in.