An Age of Miracles Continues: The Empire of Rhomania

The more things change the more they stay the same, still Persians to fight, Franks to hate and Huns to repel; this timeline has just been a story of repeated history and how the cycle just keeps on spinning whether you know it or not.

Question:With the Ottoman much more OP than the Sassanids(in terms of relative power),why aren't they moving into India instead of duking it out with the Romans?

Question:With the Ottoman much more OP than the Sassanids(in terms of relative power),why aren't they moving into India instead of duking it out with the Romans?
To be fair, over the past few decades they have been pushing East quite hard. I'd guess that facing the local Indian great powers at the ragged edges of their lines of supply is less than palatable. Especially with the Romans financing and supplying said great powers as they thrust into the suddenly exposed soft belly of the Empire while the main armies are tangled in the jungles of the far Indus. That and its an opportunity to weaken a clearly recovering powerful foe.

To be fair, over the past few decades they have been pushing East quite hard. I'd guess that facing the local Indian great powers at the ragged edges of their lines of supply is less than palatable. Especially with the Romans financing and supplying said great powers as they thrust into the suddenly exposed soft belly of the Empire while the main armies are tangled in the jungles of the far Indus. That and its an opportunity to weaken a clearly recovering powerful foe.

This should answer your question:

Iskandar wants to emulate his namesake and invade northern India. There is a lot of wealth there that isn’t nearly as well defended as in the west. If the Romans hadn’t attacked Mecca and Jeddah Iskandar would have been willing to write off Georgia’s territories south of the Aras and attack India instead. But as Islam’s greatest sovereign that was something he could not afford to ignore.

Ain: Exactly how important Jahzara is I haven’t decided, but she’s already been prominent in coming updates than I’d originally intended.
/
Soverihn: A powerful, innovative Ottoman Empire is a major means I’m using to avoid turning this into a Roman-wank. Iskandar is looking eastward, and that gaze will become more important later on.
/
Swag of the Swag: It looks like HanEmpire answered all of your questions. The Andalusi, whatever category in which they consider themselves, are quite emphatic that it is not in the same category as the Maghrebi Berbers.
/
Frustrated Progressive: One thing going for Karl is that he is an asshole with dubious legality, but many of the German princes see the Brothers’ War as an opportunity for cutting the Wittelsbachs down to size. Karl’s support in Saxony is quite strong; he’s been running the duchy for at least two decades by this point.
/
HanEmpire: Thank you very much for pitching in.
/
Namayan: The 1600 borders looking similar to the 600 borders was deliberate on my part.
/
Tjakiri: Is that good or bad?
/
Darthfanta and Calsidon: See Namayan’s quote.

Good to be there but bad to stay, the fact that they've found themselves back into the great loop is a testament to their success, but now that their back in the cycle they're just as likely to repeat old mistakes as they are to repeat old glory.

Good to be there but bad to stay, the fact that they've found themselves back into the great loop is a testament to their success, but now that their back in the cycle they're just as likely to repeat old mistakes as they are to repeat old glory.

Well as many philosophers have said throughout history "he who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it"

GdwnsnHo

Banned
Well as many philosophers have said throughout history "he who forgets the past is doomed to repeat it"

Well, considering their allies in Oman and Ethiopia, and there efforts in Arabia, it looks like winning this war will certainly change the cycle for the long term. Oman serves as a fantastic local counter to Persia, and Ethiopia will be a long-lived ally.

Add Russia into the mix, and Persia isn't always going to be secure, they can suffer a large scale northern invasion just as readily as a western, or southern, or if anyone gets into India - eastern.

Persia isn't doomed, but the idea that the Romans might fall into that cycle again seems silly - their every diplomatic effort can go into preventing this - and my guess is that Russia (and any Indian polity the Persians mess with) will happily co-operate.

Well, considering their allies in Oman and Ethiopia, and there efforts in Arabia, it looks like winning this war will certainly change the cycle for the long term. Oman serves as a fantastic local counter to Persia, and Ethiopia will be a long-lived ally.

Add Russia into the mix, and Persia isn't always going to be secure, they can suffer a large scale northern invasion just as readily as a western, or southern, or if anyone gets into India - eastern.

Persia isn't doomed, but the idea that the Romans might fall into that cycle again seems silly - their every diplomatic effort can go into preventing this - and my guess is that Russia (and any Indian polity the Persians mess with) will happily co-operate.
Add to that is that Roman naval presence in the Indian Ocean is much more intense than they ever were in the 3rd to 7th century.

What will happen to Oman eventually ittl? Will it control most of southern Arabia if it survives?

Last edited:
I've been visiting the thread almost every day hoping for an update. When will the next updates come? Does anyone know? :(

I've been visiting the thread almost every day hoping for an update. When will the next updates come? Does anyone know? :(
It will come when it comes.

Just subscribe to the thread and you will get a notification if there is an update in your User CP.
Way easier than revisiting the thread.