A World Of Laughter, A World Of Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that the implications were subtle: One of the most iconic photographs of the era is of an obviously uncomfortable Senator Richard Nixon smiling gamely at the camera, arms around two beaming tykes as he wears one of the recently-developed Mickey Mouse hats.

I decided to give it a try. The kids aren't exactly beaming, but this is the best I could do at the spur of the moment.

A world of laughter a world of tears Nixon photo.png

So, no one jump on me for bumping this, but I have something substantial to contribute. Was rereading part of this, then noticed the 1960 election map Historico posted. While he did a good job, I don't think it accurately reflects the political alignment of the era (plus, a Democratic ticket with a Kennedy on it loses Massachusetts). So, here's my take. It's very close (271 electoral votes for Stennis to 266 for Rockefeller), but here it goes...

Attachments

• Electionz 60.bmp
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,659
So, no one jump on me for bumping this, but I have something substantial to contribute. Was rereading part of this, then noticed the 1960 election map Historico posted. While he did a good job, I don't think it accurately reflects the political alignment of the era (plus, a Democratic ticket with a Kennedy on it loses Massachusetts). So, here's my take. It's very close (271 electoral votes for Stennis to 266 for Rockefeller), but here it goes...

Your map is missing a map.

Damnit I had thought that there was finally an update, Reds just got one and I thought that was dead too. You hear that Statichos? Your losing in the rivalry I just invented for you to have with Jello_Brafia to see who can update faster!

Last edited:
Damnit I had thought that there was finally an update, Reds just got one and I thought that was dead too. You hear that Statichos? Your losing in the rivalry I just invented for you to have with Jello_Brafia to see who can update faster!

It's When You Wish Upon a Star. This TL is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.