A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

Our conquest of Artic can truly begin through technological advancement. Invest into Artic vehicles like Kharkovchanka with a goal to create a new and more improved model of transportation.
- Invest into research on how to best exploit untaped Artic resources.
- Invest into ecological research in Artic.
- See about possibility of Promotion of Artic tourism in Russian Artic.
We could also experiment with Pykrete as a cheaper building material in the Arctic since we are not going to have to worry about it melting. If nothing else we could use it to build temporary shelters until more robust buildings are created and we can still use it to protect any buildings we build.

Not sure about this. We should at least limit it so they will not use it against us in the future.

We should be careful with encouraging Turkish influence in the Balkans. If the Balkan states see us do this we might lose influence from them due to helping a historical rival. Plus giving Turkey more influence in Albania just seems like a way to create their own power block which might hurt us in the future. Not counting what they might do in Kosovo.

Given tensions with Yugoslavia we don't really have a lot of influence in Albania, so goal is mostly to create rivalry between Turkey and EU for Albania and work together to push out European influence.

But this hardly means that we will waver in our security commitments to Yugoslavia in Kosovo and Balkans are more, or less positioned as a transit zone between Europe and Asia so economic relations with Turkey are necessary for economic development of the region.

As for losing influence? Turkey is historic rival from past century, in case of Yugoslavia its rivals are to the West and in case of Bulgaria? We still won't allow Turkey to interfere in Bulgarian internal affairs and will still invest in it economically and militarily.

In regards to Greece? They get similar treatment and we aren't making any special dedications against Greece.

Not sure about this. We should at least limit it so they will not use it against us in the future.

That's understandable, that's why i said some military hardware.

Last edited:
Given tensions with Yugoslavia we don't really have a lot of influence in Albania, so goal is mostly to create rivalry between Turkey and EU for Albania and work together to push out European influence.
Seems more likely that Western Europe will pick Turkey every time due to their strategic position so honestly all this is doing is strenthening NATO/EU/Western world.

Seems more likely that Western Europe will pick Turkey every time due to their strategic position so honestly all this is doing is strenthening NATO/EU/Western world.

Okay, then we can forget that. Just investment and working together in Bosnia. Though given that Bosnia is a Confederation in this TL maybe that isn't necessary as well as we can just achieve our goals there by working with Yugoslavia/Serbs.

Yeah at this point just working with the Serbs would be the best although I guess we can make it so Bosnia becomes an economic colony of Russia by influencing the Serbians in the nation. Of course we should avoid pushing to much of a pro-Serbian message and at least get them to no longer consider taking land since its likely to cause Bosnia to split apart. Plus this way we can at least influence Croatia due to the Croat population in Bosnia assuming they all did not just move to Croatia after the war.

Yeah at this point just working with the Serbs would be the best although I guess we can make it so Bosnia becomes an economic colony of Russia by influencing the Serbians in the nation. Of course we should avoid pushing to much of a pro-Serbian message and at least get them to no longer consider taking land since its likely to cause Bosnia to split apart. Plus this way we can at least influence Croatia due to the Croat population in Bosnia assuming they all did not just move to Croatia after the war.

Honestly i just tought that it's nice deal to have cooperation with Turkey in regards to Bosnia but in all honesty its quite likely that country will just split apart as its already pretty decentralized on top of its parts not agreeing on anything.

Serbs probably want to go in CSTO/EEU/CIS while Croats and Bosnians want to go in EU/NATO.

Even if they are one country on paper by the nature of being Confederation both parts have some level of sovereignty and little that binds them.

Last edited:
Generally same as @Fratsup but i want to focus domestically on our own culture opposed to copying and complimenting other cultures. We have good literally base, we just need to put that in animation.
I sorta disagree since a lot of our culture is going to be influenced by the previous Soviet period. Plus the reality is that most of our initial output is going to be subpar since every other nation that has tried to do this has had similar subpar work. Russia is unlikely to be any different and if anything we simply do not have the cultural power that other more established nations and entertainment industries have. Copying and letting other works influence us is the most we can do outside of some niche works since honestly Russian culture is not exactly a revelation when compared to other European culture or nations.

Plus the biggest problem is that everything else is both better and cheaper than our work. Why make our own animation when we can translate Japanese Anime or American cartoons? That is why I say we should copy the anime since not only will we have an easier time penetrating the Japanese market but also the international market as anime becomes more popular. This also includes film since Hollywood and the European film industry has us beat in terms of mass market appeal.

1. Please write down, how should the Russian government handle the Scramble for Arctic?

2. Please write down, how should the Russian government promote Russian culture and literature abroad?

3. Please write down, how should digitalization be introduced in Russia? What initiatives should be supported by the government to support the rise of tech giants like Facebook, Google or Amazon in the United States?

4. Please write down, in which areas could Russia and Turkey cooperate together?
1-4. I support both @Kriss and @Fratsup plans since both have their own Pros and cons.

Btw, could we open up another north- or south-stream gas pipeline?

Last edited:
1. Please write down, how should the Russian government handle the Scramble for Arctic?
We own the biggest share of the Artic coastline, so we should avoid turning this into a worldy multilateral affair. The Scramble for the Artic should be taken as a deal between the United States, Canada, Russia, Norway and Denmark, period. In regard to Greenland, I argue we should look towards supporting Danish authority over the insland, as an independent Greenland would inherently be linked towards North American economic activity, while Denmark is more within our economic area of influence, because our Baltic Sea shipping passes through the Danish Straits, so they have more reasons to have a good relationship with us.

Let's keep the Chinese and the Japanese out of it. If China wants a stake in the Artic, they should have it through us, and not around us.

Last edited:

2. Please write down, how should the Russian government promote Russian culture and literature abroad?

3. Please write down, how should digitalization be introduced in Russia? What initiatives should be supported by the government to support the rise of tech giants like Facebook, Google or Amazon in the United States?

4. Please write down, in which areas could Russia and Turkey cooperate together?
For 1 - Use the @Kriss plan, with the @Matador de Lagartos addition.

For 2, 3, and 4 - Use the @Kriss plan.

1. Use the plan by @Kriss with the addition by @Matador de Lagartos.
2 & 3. A mix of the plans of @Fratsup and @Kriss.
4. The @Kriss plan.

1. @ Kriss plan
2,3 @Fratsup plan
4. @Kriss plan
GDP list seems wrong to me . I can understand some increases, but Chinese economy is almost double of OTL, Germans are 1.75 of OTL and when did Mexico enter trillion 💰 club.
France and Ukraine economy also seem off.

Yeah even with China growing it should at least be somewhat smaller. Also Ukraine would probably be dealing with economic problems due to emigration of their people to Russia, Japan, Poland and the rest of Europe.

1. United States. 14.02T
2.Japan. 5.7T
3.Germany. 4T
4. China. 3.8T
5.Union State. 3.08T
6. UK. 2.8T
7.France. 2.66T
8.Italy. 2.2T
9.Canada. 1.4T
10 . South Korea. 1.14T
11.India. 1.04T
12. Spain. 1T
13. Brazil. 980B
14.Mexico. 940B
15. Australia 889B

- Our conquest of Artic can truly begin through technological advancement. Invest into Artic vehicles like Kharkovchanka with a goal to create a new and more improved model of transportation.
- Invest into research on how to best exploit untaped Artic resources.
- Invest into ecological research in Artic.
- See about possibility of Promotion of Artic tourism in Russian Artic.

- In regards to military, found a Northern fleet Strategic command.
- train troops and army unit's especially dedicated to Artic warfare
- reactivate Soviet bases in Artic.

Generally measures similar to otl in regards to military. We shouldn't be unprepared militarily in Artic and honestly USA is unlikely to react any differently from otl.

Generally same as @Fratsup but i want to focus domestically on our own culture opposed to copying and complimenting other cultures. We have good literally base, we just need to put that in animation.

Basically goal is to invest in and promote our Pop-culture, invest in our own animation and encourage younger fanbase to synchronize Western Animation with the Japanese so we may create our own brand of animation.

This can be done by organizing regional competitions for domestic animators with popular vote to decide the winner, as well as encouraging animated adds , marketing etc to start the business and make it popular.

Encourage animation in school clubs together with comic clubs via ministry of education and culture. Give them more funding for necessary equipment.

Actually create online site for Russian animation, maybe that way we will be able to create our YouTube equivalent (other forgein animations are also welcome).

But besides that promote authentic Russian movies for domestic and Euroasian and European market. Use traditional Russian Songs in movies, cartoons etc.

- Russia isn't short of its own domestic Tech giants like VKontakte, use the fact that these have a base in Russian speakers and promote them across Russia and Russian sphere of influence,
- Encourage entrepreneur's to ventutre into e- commerce by giving them generous loans and facilitate cooperation with various domestic companies to have their products be delivered and sold by these companies
-Facilitate a cooperation between various Tech companies to create New services etc.
- Support creation our own digital payment methods .

Build up Russian Digital infrastructure to the fullest , create a comprehensive 5 to 8 year plan to achieve full digitalization of schools by making sure that most (at least Uraban Schools) have a computer ( favorably from domestic producers), -- Encourage formation of E-Cafés
- Subsidize companies in their efforts to digitalize
-Encourage formation of domestic Apps, storages etc.

- Most importantly cooperate in economic field, encourage investment in Turkey and investment from Turkey in Russia. Invest in their infrastructure etc...
- Encourage export of our industrial products in Turkey (cars, computers etc.) Facilitate a trade deal between Turkey and CIS/EEU.
- Strike an energy cooperation and see weather we can supply Turkey with the energy
- Encourage tourism between two countries.
- Facilitate export of some military hardware to Turkey...
- On geopolitical front strike a cooperation with Turkey in middle east.
- Cooperate against terrorism with Turkey and arrange for sharing of inteligence with them.

Honestly im all for full cooperation with Turkey, most of our Balkan allies have no direct conflict with Turkey, expect Greece which is a NATO/EU problem, not our and thus shouldn't stand in way of our relations.
1, 3-4 - I support @Kriss plan
2- Mixed of @Kriss and @Fratsup

1. United States. 14.02T
2.Japan. 5.7T
3.Germany. 4T
4. China. 3.8T
5.Union State. 3.08T
6. UK. 2.8T
7.France. 2.66T
8.Italy. 2.2T
9.Canada. 1.4T
10 . South Korea. 1.14T
11.India. 1.04T
12. Spain. 1T
13. Brazil. 980B
14.Mexico. 940B
15. Australia 889B
Yeah even with China growing it should at least be somewhat smaller. Also Ukraine would probably be dealing with economic problems due to emigration of their people to Russia, Japan, Poland and the rest of Europe.
1. @ Kriss plan
2,3 @Fratsup plan
4. @Kriss plan
GDP list seems wrong to me . I can understand some increases, but Chinese economy is almost double of OTL, Germans are 1.75 of OTL and when did Mexico enter trillion 💰 club.
France and Ukraine economy also seem off.
Ok, I have edited the numbers.

In regards to Ukraine, while i agree that there is emigration to Russia i don't think that their population is leaving for the rest of Europe. Honestly given that they still remained part of former Soviet economic space and have access to cheaper resources, plus they are more, or less first in line to profit from Russian growth as Russia doesn't have as thight regulations on capital flow for EEU/CIS countries. So i believe that they should have quite decent living standards given that their economy is nearing to 1 billion, not to mention they grew economically alongside Russia and their living standards weren't that much different from Russia in USSR.

In regards to emigration, while population is lost they should generally still be able to attract population from Romania, Moldavia, maybe Central Asia and third countries.

Remember Ukraine is little below of 1/3 of Russian population and has almost 1/3 of Russian GDP. They shouldn't be that dramatically below us in terms of living standards.

Ok, I have edited the numbers.

Yea these seem fine, also man we already overtook UK and France and Ukraine is in G20.

Last edited: