I have added a further 3 thousand words to the chapter, expanding on the effects of the Ostkrieg and the state of the German Economy.

Last edited:
Remer is called "Leader of Steel" not because he is stoic and martial, but because he can read things like the Koeppen report without having a nervous breakdown.
On the one hand things are dire, but on the other its not like there is much that other powers can do against Germany since almost all of them are suffering or are going to suffer major failures of their own. I mean America is going to have a civil war, the British are going to suffer, I doubt the Arabs/Muslims will win their rebellion without any consequences, Israel will have to worry about the Germans, Syrians, and the Muslims/Arabs who will likely be hostile weather they are allied to Germany or not, Russia has China to worry about, and the Integralists might get victory disease and walk into some major trouble of their own.

So really while Germany is suffering they are more of the rule rather than the exception outside of say India and China and either one of those nations might do something stupid due to said success clouding their judgement.

The great struggle for the German puppets is between Pan-European Fascism, Neofascism and what is left of resistance forces.

The German minions have to deal with the fact they spent a generation teaching people to be extremely Nationalistic while they have competing irredentist claims on one another and have to play as subservients to Germania's interests.

A real time bomb.

Seems like this would mostly impact Eastern Europe and the Balkans since I doubt Germany will allow much freedom to France, and the Benelux are under the German boot I believe.
Pan-European equivalent to the Yugoslav Wars in the case the Reich collapses, anyone?

Pan-European equivalent to the Yugoslav Wars in the case the Reich collapses, anyone?
Unlikely, since unlike Yugoslavia, the Germans are the ones fully dominating things making it more difficult for the lesser powers to do anything major. Plus this assumes the Reich will fall which again I find unlikely since there have been a lot of nations that had worse happen to them and they still survived.

DESTROY GERMANY IN NUCLEAR FIRE DESTROY GERMANY IN NUCLEAR FIRE DESTROY GERMANY IN NUCLEAR FIRE

Last edited:
DESTROY GERMANY IN NUCLEAR FIRE DESTROY GERMANY IN NUCLEAR FIRE DESTROY GERMANY IN NUCLEAR FIRE
The Russians certainly tried, they did their part in the East.

Same with Israel nuking a few divisions-worth of Germans in Haifa.

But yeah, nuclear genocide is still a bad thing.

Try to tone things down and try to just enjoy the story. I mean its not like there is a lack of timelines, games, scenarios, and so on dealing with a failing Germany weather its the Kaiser Reich or Nazi Germany, where any amount of humiliation, losses and so on are available. Or you know our reality where Nazi Germany lost.

Just a quick question: Did the Nazis build the planned city of Nordstern in Norway?
Actually just to add onto this question, how extensive did the fortifications on the Atlantic wall become as a part of Festung Europa? Could it be considered a megaproject and what state is it in at the moment, the Reich's Wehrmacht maintained much of it's funding from what I recall..

I can actually see this in Africa where the Catholics face off against the rising Islamist especially if say Napoleons Africa either decides to ally with the Integralists or falls apart.
This is not even necessary to start to worsen relations, Mozambique has a large population of Muslims especially in the north of the country, in addition, there is a large group adhering to traditional beliefs in the country as a whole. Both groups will be persecuted by integralists, especially if Brazil manages to place the Portuguese colonial empire in its sphere or control the region directly. For example, let's imagine that the integralists start to do the sword or cross process in Mozambique. This in turn will generate a reaction on the part of Muslims in the Middle East and the French Empire. What Napoleon does? he remains neutral or condemns Brazil, and tries to interfere. This act alone worsened their relationship (this and Brazil annexed French Guyana from Vich France and did not return Free France. So the relationship between the two must have been very bad initially).

So really while Germany is suffering they are more of the rule rather than the exception outside of say India and China and either one of those nations might do something stupid due to said success clouding their judgement.
I half-expect Mao to do something reckless due to his overconfidence and the "Chinese Angriff" fills me with trepidation.

I'm looking to Britain's dominions and wonder what will happen. Canada is probably sweating bullets looking at their southern neighbor and Quebec potentially taking on Integralism under Duplessis and his successors could make the Quiet Revolution incredibly loud. By that I mean the OTL October Crisis on steroids.

I half-expect Mao to do something reckless due to his overconfidence and the "Chinese Angriff" fills me with trepidation.
I would say them going after Outer Manchuria would be one such blunder. Might even see the US directly interfere at least in terms of say a naval war.

I would say them going after Outer Manchuria would be one such blunder. Might even see the US directly interfere at least in terms of say a naval war.
I doubt that China will attack Russia because Mao wants Russia to be a buffer against Germany, I expect that when China acquires nuclear weapons and the USA plunges into civil war, they will attack Hong Kong and try to unify Korea.

I have added some couple thousand more words, most of it is a story about one family from the introduction of the last volume and the start of Remer's "Discipline" process.

I am trying to find more time to write but college is being a headache this week, whenever I find time I will edit and add to the chapter.

It's kinda amazing that each führer basically reworks the entire German apparatus of state. If maybe only one thing, Klara might be able to set up a dynastic succession which will keep things somewhat more stable