WI: Layne Staley and Lindsay Lohan's outcomes switch?

Both were talented young artists/entertainers with drug problems. Staley slid deeper and deeper into addiction through the 1990s, and eventually fatally overdosed on heroin and cocaine in 2002. Lohan eventually got clean and is beginning to have a career renaissance (Lohanaissance)

What if their outcomes switch? Staley gets clean in the early 2000s, reunites with Alice in Chains a few years later, and is still touring with them in 2024, but Lohan's drug problems get worse and worse and she overdoses or crashes her car under the influence (she had several DUIs IRL) and dies in her 20s.

"Mean Girls" is already an iconic classic, but do you think it would be even more beloved in this timeline with Lohan's tragic demise? Would Alice in Chains have kept making the depressing grungy music (that I love) that they were known for if Staley got clean? Would Lohan dying be likely to lead to more public conversation on the treatment of young celebrities?

Both were talented young artists/entertainers with drug problems. Staley slid deeper and deeper into addiction through the 1990s, and eventually fatally overdosed on heroin and cocaine in 2002. Lohan eventually got clean and is beginning to have a career renaissance (Lohanaissance)

What if their outcomes switch? Staley gets clean in the early 2000s, reunites with Alice in Chains a few years later, and is still touring with them in 2024, but Lohan's drug problems get worse and worse and she overdoses or crashes her car under the influence (she had several DUIs IRL) and dies in her 20s.

"Mean Girls" is already an iconic classic, but do you think it would be even more beloved in this timeline with Lohan's tragic demise? Would Alice in Chains have kept making the depressing grungy music (that I love) that they were known for if Staley got clean? Would Lohan dying be likely to lead to more public conversation on the treatment of young celebrities?
In short, i think this screws the Black Gives Way To Blue reunion, and the band's comeback is received like Limp Bizkit or Creed.

Not even close. Those bands had haters when they were popular, while AIC were still popular and relevant when Layne died IOTL.
Then why did their greatest hits do relatively poorly? Why did their self titled album underperform? I think the mystique of the deceased staley helped the comeback when getting a gold album was very difficult.