Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

It already burst back in March of 2000.

I doubt someone on the Christian Right will be coming into power at a time in American history where Christianity is on a huge decline, especially among the youth.
If thats the case where President Edwards signs the housing regulation bill mitigating the recession how would the Christian Right even get into power where Millenial voters don’t share the same views?

To put ahead my own speculation of where Presidential politics will go ITTL ...

2005 - 2013: John Edwards / John Kerry (Democratic)
2004 def. George W. Bush / Dick Cheney (Republican)
2008 def. John McCain / Tim Pawlenty (Republican)

2013 - 2021: Ralph Reed / Mike Huckabee (Republican)
2012 def. John Kerry / Bill Richardson (Democratic)
2016 def. Hillary Clinton / Evan Bayh (Democratic)

2021 - 0000: Barack Obama / Bernie Sanders (Democratic)
2020 def. Mike Huckabee / Connie Mack IV (Republican)
Ehhhhhh, I feel like Obama would pick someone a bit more moderate.

I wonder how this would impact camo development for the military, specifically the Army (Marines would look more or less the same as MARPAT was in development prior to 9/11)

Ehhhhhh, I feel like Obama would pick someone a bit more moderate.
I think there would be a different energy behind Obama in the Geronimo TL, it would still be something on the level of OTL 2008 campaign, but less safe and less mushy moderate, more radical and progressive, promising a true shift in the Overton Window and to secure the hard-fought victories that now seem to be on the cusp of being pulled away by Republicans.

What’s al-Zawahiri been up to lately since the short lived Afghanistan operation pushed Al-Queda completely out of the county? Is he trying to take over Egypt since Mubarak’s asassination by Atta?

Terror update on the near horizon
I couldn't get this out of my head
Seems everyone here had forgotten about this message
I don't
Looking forward and exciting

@Iwanh I wanna ask some pop culture things which didn't mentioned in previous pop culture chapters

Does these existed still ?

Madagascar (2005)

Smack that by Akon (2006)

Everytime we touch by Cascada (2006)

So sick by Ne Yo (2006)

Patience by Take That (2006)

How To Save A Life by The Fray (2006)

Fergalicious by Fergie (2006)

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams by Green Day (2004 in American idiots )

Holiday by Green Day (2005)

Holiday I pretty sure that it would be butterflied, because according to Wikipedia, this song is as an outspoken "Fuck you" to George W Bush

As for Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, despite American Idiots never made, but I still wonder would Green Day still makes this song as a single?

Just wanna make sure

Last edited:
With counter terrorism and counter insurgency a low priority for the US Military how does it affect is military development programs like the F-35 or the F-22 production like does it continue to be produced beyond 2009 as originally as intended and would the US government lift the ban on Lockheed Martin on selling the F-22 to its allies like Japan and Australia which are the most likely customers for the Raptor?

Did Microsoft still end up delaying Windows Vista?
Will address in Culture 07

Wouldn’t US-Russia relations eventually sour ITTL’s 2010s because of NATO expansion?
Putin (at least pre-2014) was a very transactional figure, we'll see what transactions he tries to make

Do you think he'll try to cheat on his cancer ridden wife like in OTL?
In A Different Path: A History of the Kerry Administration & Beyond VP Edwards cheats in his wife with a White House intern, so its not out of the question.
I’m thinking no, mainly because he has more to lose here. But what if we just butterfly that by having his wife not develop cancer at all here?
Unlikely.
While Edwards doesn't have a confirmed history of affairs, what he did is highly suggestive of a deep character flaw. The topic will be addressed one way or another.

There was a 2005 bill that would've helped regulate the housing industry (co-written by Barney Frank of Dodd-Frank Act fame), that had bipartisan support (the other co-writer was Mike Oxley, a Republican representative from Ohio) but was allowed to die because everyone knew Bush would veto it. Edwards, though, probably wouldn't.
I'm obviously going to be doing a lot of writing on this come 08, but it's important to remember that on the surface 'subprime mortgages' were politically popular, who wants to be the guy that makes housing more expensive?

ITTL what would Ron Paul be doing since there’s no GWOT and US foreign policy is practically on autopilot? Ending the war on drugs is the only thing I can think of but what would his platforms would be?
Isolationism just won't be a legitimate political policy, it's expected that the United States take interventionist stances now, the question is how high it jumps.

I doubt someone on the Christian Right will be coming into power at a time in American history where Christianity is on a huge decline, especially among the youth.
There's always a backlash, the rejection of W might lead evangelicals to double down

I don't see why not, people are still gonna have anxieties with or without 9/11
Correct, but there are also lots of studies (and articles, books, TV shows movies etc) that the 9/11 attacks was an act of collective trauma that literally gave the nation PTSD, so perhaps everyone's brains are less broken ITTL

Correct, but there are also lots of studies (and articles, books, TV shows movies etc) that the 9/11 attacks was an act of collective trauma that literally gave the nation PTSD, so perhaps everyone's brains are less broken ITTL
Eh, but Mission Hill aired from 99-00, so I think the message would still be relevant, because it was meant for pre-9/11 world

Eh, but Mission Hill aired from 99-00, so I think the message would still be relevant, because it was meant for pre-9/11 world
Oh I agree, people will always be anxious about the future and the dawn of the internet, and full globalization amplified this, but ITTL it's without that buzzing fear of a fiery death

Oh I agree, people will always be anxious about the future and the dawn of the internet, and full globalization amplified this, but ITTL it's without that buzzing fear of a fiery death
"Oh well, life sucks, might as well eat something fancy at Windows of the World and then look at the view at the observation deck."
-People ITTL (2007 idk)

Y2k ITTL would likely last a bit longer but begin to slowly fade away starting around in late 2005 before being supplanted by Fruitger Aero by mid to late 2007 with the release of the Iphone. If the Edwards administration manage to mitigate the effects of the housing bubble successfully then Smartphones and flatscreen tvs would become common by around 2009-2010 rather then 2013-2014 like in OTL.

Thank you.
turtledove-ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

Special thanks to everyone who voted, very very cool of you all, so glad you enjoy the TL.