Welsh Reconquista

(This is my second attempt at a timeline, so bear with me!)

English Channel, AD 597

Augustine held on to the sides of the boat, about to be sick, and looked up to the storm clouds, praying to God that the storm would stop. The waves rocked the small boat from side to side, spilling water onto the deck. Soon, the small boat was overwhelmed by the amount of water within it. So much water that bailing it out was a moot point. So the ship sank beneath the waves, drowning it's passengers, Augustine, his friend Lawrence, and 40 other monks and sailors.

Kingdom of Gwynedd, 605

Today, Prince Cadfan ap Iago, heir to the throne of Gwynedd, was nervous. His hands shook as the priest delivered the rite of marriage to Cadfan, and his new wife, Afandreg Ddu a young girl he has hardly met and Princess of Powys.
At the end of the service, King Cynan, Afandreg's father
announced to the crowd at the top of his lungs "I hereby state young prince Cadfan to be my successor, so when I die, he shall be king of Gwynedd and Powys" Cadfan nearly feinted from the excitement. King of both kingdoms! No wonder his father said Afandreg was a good catch!

613: Rome

After not hearing anything from Augustine for nearly thirteen years,Pope Gregory, assuming the worst quipped "The Angels have Fallen"*, and saw a soldier run in with a message that Chlothar II had reunited the Frankish Kingdom, took this from a sign of God that he should convert the Saxons by the sword. He sent a message to Chlothar II saying "Since peace has failed, go forth and achieve the conversion of the Saxons by the sword. The Welsh kingdoms of Powys and Gwynedd, also received a similar message. Soon, they struck.

*A pun on a quote Gregory said when he saw an Angle in a slave market. "They are not Angles, but Angels!"

Wessex: 613

Chlothar stepped out of the boat. He looked behind him. About 700 men were assembled on the beach, just off of the boats from their native Frankland. There were nervous twitters from the assembled army. Chlothar shook his head. Only a few months ago he had crowned himself king of all the Franks. The army he had assembled were mostly veterans from the civil wars that had rocketed him to the top. He knew that they would follow him to the ends of the world. But Mercia will do for now, he thought. He looked at his army again, and said "Many of you may be wondering why you are here. For a while, I wondered as well why I am here. However, a few miles away from here is a ferocious, uncivilized, pagan army who want to kill you, and desecrate God's Kingdom. But we shall not let that happen! Now, brave Franks, ONWARDS!"