Jewish Bukovina

Valdemar II

Banned
I just got this weird Idea, What if Maria Teresa had deported all Austrias Jews to Bukovina. When Austria took over Bukovina in 1775 it only had 86000 people, this could mean that Bukovina became a Jiddish/Jewish majority area. Later I could imagine that Jews would be more likely to immigrate to a area with an already large population of Jews.

Valdemar II

Banned
Bukovina death camps, if there aren't too many butterflies.

There going to be lot of buttefly if more of the Jews live in Easten part of Empire, for one thing the demograqie of Prague and Vienna is gonna be different which mean that anti-semitisme and Hitler experience in Vienna is going to be different (if he isn't butteflied out of existence).

Last edited:
Well, resettling all the Jews would certainly take huge tolls on the Semitic population, and wouldn't make them very happy, either. The Christians in Bukovina will eventually move out after ironic pogroms against them, and the Jews grow in size. We'll probably see an independent Bukovina.

Valdemar II

Banned
Well, resettling all the Jews would certainly take huge tolls on the Semitic population, and wouldn't make them very happy, either. The Christians in Bukovina will eventually move out after ironic pogroms against them, and the Jews grow in size. We'll probably see an independent Bukovina.

I doubt it would Austria had at the time a long tradition for resettle protestant in Transylvania and Jews in Prague, and it was done in peaceful manners, Beside this law is gonna be removed when Maria Teresa dies and Joseph II becomes Emperor, but it likely that the Jewish immigration will continue later on with the Pogroms in Russia. I doubt the Jews are gonna be stupid enough to begin to drive Christians out, if they ever gonna be independent, they still gonna be a small country with no acces to the sea.

Edit: It should also be said while Maria Teresa was a good catholic, extreme conservative and hated jews with fiery a heart, she was also in many way a bleeding heart toward her subjects and extreme pragmatic in her rule. She isn't gonna waste thousands of Jews in some long hunger march from Prague to Bukovina.

Last edited:

Valdemar II

Banned
Another thing this would also stregthen the position of German in the Austrian Empire if there was a large enclave of Jiddish speaker in the other end of the empire.