A review of the Falklands War

The author is hysterically funny. Has he written any other fiction?:D

"He" is actually a she - Dr Alison Brooks to be precise, sadly no longer with us. As well as the Falklands war piece that website also includes what must be quite the most thorough and comprehensive takedown of Sealion related absurdities you will ever see anywhere.

As to other writings, Dr Brooks was a regular contributor to the SHWI newsgroup back in the day and if you search there you will find plenty of her stuff.

"He" is actually a she - Dr Alison Brooks to be precise, sadly no longer with us. As well as the Falklands war piece that website also includes what must be quite the most thorough and comprehensive takedown of Sealion related absurdities you will ever see anywhere.
Deceased or just too lazy to update?

This is hilarious! Must have More!:D

Deceased sadly. Cancer, IIRC.

I offer my condolences:(

Okay, seriously. This just illustrates what a ridiculous path our world has followed. Half the time, when reading about WWII or some cold war crisis, I just cannot believe that things happened the way they did. D-Day, for instance. It succeeded basically because Eisenhower's weather forcaster made a wild guess, and no one wanted to wake up Hitler. If the forcaster was wrong, or hitler was woken up, the battle would have been much different. Probable end result is nuclear weapons used on Germany.

Last edited:
Yeah, Brooks was one of the Great Ones- I remember her from SWHI.
"Amateurs do Strategy; Professionals do Logistics"

Strategos' Risk

Many thanks for that. Very, very funny. Such a pity the good doctor is no longer with us.

Steve

Alcuin

Banned
Sometimes, history is more implausible than alt-hist.

Is this a fair critique?

It's even more implausible than that. 25 years later (around the 25th anniversary) released MoD files suggested that had the Argentinians not surrendered then, Britain was within ten days of surrendering itself. Does the Falklands War count as proof of the existence of ASBs?